Beltzville opens without lifeguards

The sun was out, the cool water glistened and people returned to Beltzville State Park this weekend to enjoy the start of the summer season. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Rob

Allentown, PA

#71 Jun 28, 2008
Great solution for it all!

Shut down the swim beach and open up water skiing and tubing to the entire lake! These poor people have to go enjoy their water fun in a small corner of the lake so they have to bring all their guests with them on the boat, which you can only do if your boat is big enough!

Better yet, sell shoreline lots to individual home owners. That will clean up the lake over night!
Lennie Twaskas

Portland, PA

#72 Mar 20, 2009
Just to respond to the ignorant person who said Learn how to watch my own children. I watch my children very closely ,but there are many who don't . Who are you to tell me i'm not paying attention to my kids. I know how to do cpr i'm a veteran .Two tours of Iraq and i'm very well trained in attention to detail.Maybe its because you can't afford the one dollar fee. Thats why you feel you need to respond to someone you don't even know. Get a life.
Pissed

Portland, PA

#73 Mar 20, 2009
God created this world ,all the land ,water ,and air anybody who wants to swim at beltzville has the right to. There are alot of ignorant people is this world. Its ok for you to go to the ocean or on vacation werever you want but not ok for people to come to your area to do the same huh. Sounds hypocritical to me.
Autumn

Portland, PA

#74 Mar 20, 2009
Who cares wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares if the articles you read involve interviews with traditional or non-traditional families!?!?!? Who are you, the Pope??? And don't prejudge, without knowing the whole story. Maybe the father is deceased or parents divorced. What difference does it make????
Thank you! I am the person that was quoted in the paper & I find it amazing that people take the time to right a blog about my family's name. For all that woman knows we could be married & I kept my last name.

Since: Mar 09

Portland, PA

#75 Mar 20, 2009
Bitter wrote:
I think this was a wonderful idea! Now it forces people to watch their OWN children, and we all know that is why a LIFEGUARD is at pool or a beach, so they can watch the kids free of charge.
PRIME EXAMPLE;
Lenny Twaskas, said he believes it's important to have someone trained in rescue measures, such as CPR, working as lifeguards and keeping a watchful eye."
Be responsible learn this yourself and watch your own children.
Just so that you're aware, the quote Lennie made did not state that he needed a lifeguard to watch our children. Lennie is a United States Marine, & has learned not only CPR, but also many other lifesaving skills in the Marine Corp. and I have also been CPR certified. WE DO NOT NEED ANYONE TO WATCH OUR CHILDREN FREE OF CHARGE. When we go to the lake or pool we do not let our children out of our sight, they are always right next to us!
cat kid

Allentown, PA

#76 Mar 22, 2009
beltsville has become a cess pool and i will never go there again, it is a crying shame too because it was a good place to go at one time. i used to take the boat up there and i hate going there now. it is just like dorney or the water gap, it is overrun with innercity trash and like it was posted earlier, they cant swim and they usually drown. sad but true. tell them to stay in the public pool if they want lifeguards, urine and poop. if it is nice, free, and a good place for the family, it will be ruined by these people. i am sure a few will end up drowned in the delaware or the lehigh this year.
pissed off

Philadelphia, PA

#77 Jul 18, 2011
beltzville needs to put a guard shack displaying dept of immigration at the entrance.Who ever gets thru should be forced to use the bathroom before they enter,that would clean up the park.
b4its2late

Bethlehem, PA

#78 Jul 18, 2011
wow wrote:
last time i went there it was pretty nasty. Looked like the inner city Allentonians were all there. won't go there anymore. and yes i saw people let their little babies have only a diaper on and be in the water. ever heard of lil swimmer diapers.
Say what you want. Beltzville used to be nice. Now its very "diverse". It is what it is
b4its2late

Bethlehem, PA

#79 Jul 18, 2011
pissed off wrote:
beltzville needs to put a guard shack displaying dept of immigration at the entrance.Who ever gets thru should be forced to use the bathroom before they enter,that would clean up the park.
Interesting. Where can I get ICE literature lol.
Carol

King Of Prussia, PA

#80 Jun 24, 2012
Just visited the Lake yesterday and I have to say I am disheartened to see such a beautiful place turned into a garbage dump. I swear I wanted to take a picture of the bathrooms because they were the most disgusting I have ever seen in my life. There is no respect for property and they take full advantage of a free place to play. That would all stop if they implemented a fee to get in.
Juan Sepeda-Ortiz

Mertztown, PA

#81 Jun 24, 2012
Maybe your just a racist and can't stand to swim with others outside your race. I have been there and have seen a lot of white slobs.
Carol

Voorhees, NJ

#82 Jun 25, 2012
Go on a weekend and it is 90% spanish so don't tell me I'm just imagining what is going on. My daughter started vomiting in the middle of the night and we have a doctors appt. Today as a result. Wonder how she got sick. Hmmmmmm. She informed me that while at the lake she saw someone put her baby on a raft and take off a crappy diaper. Maybe on the way out we could get everyone to pitch in and help clean up. I own a commercial cleaning business and not one of my employees would touch the bathrooms and I couldn't pay them enough. During the summer we go to Cape Henlopen where there are more people than Beltzville using the bath house and never once did I see it look like that. But I guess I'm just racist for thinking that because there are so many spanish there I should expect the same respect for property.
A-town Observer

Mertztown, PA

#83 Jun 25, 2012
Carol wrote:
Go on a weekend and it is 90% spanish so don't tell me I'm just imagining what is going on. My daughter started vomiting in the middle of the night and we have a doctors appt. Today as a result. Wonder how she got sick. Hmmmmmm. She informed me that while at the lake she saw someone put her baby on a raft and take off a crappy diaper. Maybe on the way out we could get everyone to pitch in and help clean up. I own a commercial cleaning business and not one of my employees would touch the bathrooms and I couldn't pay them enough. During the summer we go to Cape Henlopen where there are more people than Beltzville using the bath house and never once did I see it look like that. But I guess I'm just racist for thinking that because there are so many spanish there I should expect the same respect for property.
They do the same thing at Jordan Park in the creek. Disgusting people. Don't listen to that idiot, your not racist, just a realist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min RealDave 1,110,510
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 69,416
Police chase turns deadly in Nesquehoning 2 hr Out of State Cop 66
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 6 hr Ronny Reagan 51,503
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr zach 305,689
Woman arrested for snorting coke with child in car 8 hr Richard Kranium 15
Special downtown Allentown announcement coming 8 hr Richard Kranium 8
•••

Catasauqua News Video

•••
•••

Catasauqua Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Catasauqua People Search