Beltzville opens without lifeguards

Beltzville opens without lifeguards

There are 73 comments on the The Morning Call story from May 27, 2008, titled Beltzville opens without lifeguards. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The sun was out, the cool water glistened and people returned to Beltzville State Park this weekend to enjoy the start of the summer season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

TIme for Change

East Stroudsburg, PA

#51 May 27, 2008
Bob wrote:
Just one accident at any of the State Parks will be one accident too many.
The state is exposed big time in terms of liability!!
I'm sure they could cut $800,000 of pork from the barrel elsewhere.
I agree. Since Fast eddie took office the park has gone down hill. They cut back on police patrol, maint. staff & now life guards. Next the Gov. will want to sell the land they took to begin with. Enough is enough.
Over the Mountain

Stroudsburg, PA

#52 May 27, 2008
emtp563 wrote:
Mauch Chunk has a small free, and it's rif-raff free as well.
What do you mean they have a small free? To get in is $2.00 for adults,$1 for children, if you live in the county.$5 for adults,$3 for children that live out of the county. Children under age 3 free. That is posted on their website. They had the lake on the news today, there were black, latino and whites swimming in it.They did show a lifeguard.
WILL NOT WORK

Wayne, PA

#53 May 27, 2008
Nockamixon charges $6 bucks a head and they still poop in the pool...
mangy

Allentown, PA

#54 May 27, 2008
That is known as PooP Lake and it is white trash and assorted others. It will be closed because of poop overload by end of June.
private pool

Emmaus, PA

#55 May 27, 2008
Can't afford lifeguards because they have to continually pay to disinfect the place after the latinos pee and crap all over the place. Frigging animals.
0qbert

Lansdale, PA

#56 May 27, 2008
Beltzville does not need lifeguards, It needs a load of spanish speaking INS agents and a semi with mexican tags on it!
butcher

United States

#57 May 27, 2008
this is a brilliant idea!!!! why bother to spend money deporting them when we can just let them drown and then all the bacteria from the poop will disinagrate the bodies and poof... no more pork ,er I mean problem!
Latinos False Pride

Bethlehem, PA

#58 May 28, 2008
stinky says wrote:
<quoted text>
bigmouth
What?!
Truth hurt???
They're the dumbest MF's on the planet...
African bush people have more smarts.
Latinos False Pride

Bethlehem, PA

#59 May 28, 2008
A mother wrote:
This why people sue the state... Whos brainiac idea was this. Jack Wagner needs to retire! Seriously.. he wants to limit the paperwork that he has to do everyday, so he makes cuts on paper in his harrisburg office, but not once has he thought about how it affects the individuals... Lets see how JACK plans on paying the large insurance increases to all the state parks after this brain scam happens.. So where are you really saving money...
Hey, mother...
do YOU think that its the state's job to provide everything and anything to these PR MF's?
Get a clue.
If its not safe, don't go in the water.
Wow, what a concept.

“"JUST LOOKING FOR SANITY"”

Since: Jun 07

Allentown

#60 May 28, 2008
ljd wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not think maybe parents may want to take their children out for the day, taking a kid to park swimming is not something they should be knocked for. If they sat home and watched their kids sweat to death, someone would post, why didn't they take their kids to a park, it's free. You people are simply amazing posting such stupid remarks. So remember, if a park is free, make sure you don't take the kids there, apparently it isn't appropriate.
Obviously you don't know what I'm talking about, I'm talking about mother's emptying their baby's soiled diapers in the water and leaving them there, people throwing trash anywhere they want, if you don't know what someone is talking about don't reply!!!
TRIPLE K

Nazareth, PA

#61 May 28, 2008
If the good vet from whitehall would have went to Beltzville, yikes ,!!!
Mark

Allentown, PA

#62 May 28, 2008
I was there last summer with my 4 year old and a puerto rican woman showed up with about 10 kids she layed out a blanket and plopped onto her back and slept all day while the kids ran all over the place, some were only in diapers. All day i listened to their foul language and disrespect to the USA etc. In a bout a 4 hour period i took my 4 year to the bathroom a few times cuz i didnt want him to go in the water. Not a once did this lady look up to see what they were doing or even tell them to go to the bathroom. I was making sand castles with my sone and they would just walk through it they had NO RESPECT for the place or anyone around them. Just like the person earier who posted that he has not been there in 20 years. I live only a few miles myself from Beltzville and I will no longer be back or at least until I take a spanish course.
Glennnnn

Chesterfield, MO

#63 May 28, 2008
if the parents don't know how to rescue thier own brats and do cpr then those parents shouldn't let thier kids be swimmin'. It is not the state's responsibility, it is the person's.
Bytheway

Northampton, PA

#64 May 28, 2008
just me wrote:
I think people in this area should have a pass of some sort for free 'admission' to Beltzville. All others from out of this area should be charged at least $1 per person to be admitted. That just may cut down on some of the filth. The out of towners may not want to pay admission.
Everyone should be charged admission at least $2.00 per person. The only people that would not want to pay admission are probably the ones who are abusing and polluting the area.
PR seashore

United States

#65 May 28, 2008
I was at beltzville and made a sand castle out of some poop and sand ..

then I caught a big fish on a diaper lure ..

damn I feel sorry for the fish, where's Peta when you need them ..
Stan

United States

#66 May 28, 2008
Claire wrote:
Parents should be responsible for their kids, not lifeguards, etc. And for gods sake, don't take your kid in the water with just a diaper on. Have some respect for other people. Furthermore, from what I've seen of the "crowd" that frequents Beltzville anymore, it would a blessing if they ALL drowned.
LOL!
Stan

United States

#67 May 28, 2008
redneck myself wrote:
<quoted text> Last time I was there it was all white redneck trash. The ones polluting the water are the little white snot nosed brats
No your wrong it's the PR's, every park they start going to they think they own, look what they did to Saucon Park and before they closed Playland Park and the way they destroyed Marlin Lake which I dont know if it's even open anymore. They are pigs at home and wherever they go!
Stan

United States

#68 May 28, 2008
Working Slob wrote:
It's just a a matter of time before some kid drowns in the lake and the scumbag parent who wasn't watching the kid will sue the state and win a big settlement.
Wanna make a bet it's a PR who was to busy on their cell to watch the kid.
Buzzzz57

Easton, PA

#69 Jun 7, 2008
A lifeguard is needed when someone is in the process of drowning, a lifeguard is not a baby sitter. Someone needs to be there who is in charge of what happens. As soon as a baby is seen in diapers......they are asked to leave. As soon as someone is seen trashing.......they are asked to leave. If someone has music to loud......they are asked to leave, not turn it down...leave. As long as there is no one there to be responsible for unhealthy/unruly actions, then anyone will and can do anything. Busing people in from anywhere should not be legal. It should be a place for locals only.
No Mercy

Bethlehem, PA

#70 Jun 8, 2008
Does pond scum accumulate like the PR's do at Beltzville?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min John Galt 1,417,918
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Zef Hughner - Pla... 311,605
News Powder, pipes found in Acerra's home : The Morn... (Mar '07) 16 hr RightStuff 92
News The new Allentown Beer Festival: What's brewing 18 hr silly rabbit 1
News The sweet taste of BBQ is on the way to Allento... Wed silly rabbit 1
News 'Vampire' flees from justice (Apr '08) Tue God Gaped Texas 12
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) Tue silly rabbit 114

Catasauqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages