Finally, a green light at troubled crossing near airport ROAD W...

Q What are PennDOT's plans concerning the intersection of Willowbrook Road and Race Street? There were strong rumors years ago about a stop light being installed there. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lisa G

Walnutport, PA

#1 Jul 24, 2009
I know it especially to be tough pulling outta there w/ a tractor trailer. Guaranteed Freight always comes out there. You then have people blowing horns at ya when you do pull out there,cause now u slowed em down.
Stros5

Allentown, PA

#2 Jul 24, 2009
Ms. Pudliner needs to get her story straight. PPL moved its poles 6+ months ago. It has been waiting for Verizon, Service Electric, and RCN to transfer to the new poles. She and the twp engineers were told this several times, but why take the blame when you can point the finger elsewhere?

Since: May 07

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Jul 24, 2009
It's about time. This should have been done when Catasauqua High School was built in Northampton.
Pillows the Space Clown

Hazleton, PA

#4 Jul 24, 2009
PennDOT only approves traffic signals, and they review and approve signal permits fairly quickly. Sounds like the folks at Hanover Township are looking for a scapegoat for their tardiness in getting this done.
Hank

United States

#5 Jul 24, 2009
I wish Penn Dot would adjust the timing on the lights along Rt 33 and William Penn and Freemansburg Ave's. Those lights are too short if you are coming off of Rt33. People now go straight through the light into the Lowe's lot, do a quick u-turn and then make the right to go towards Bethlehem. That's safe? I was going into Lowe's the other day and a car almost clipped me because she was in a hurry to make the illegal u-turn and pop out onto the service road.
West End Resident

Allentown, PA

#6 Jul 24, 2009
Road Warrior should ask for and review the submissions from the Township, and review and comment letters back from PennDOT, and the dates for same - they're all 'Open Records' now anyway - to see what the real facts and causes for this unacceptable delay are here - who's ''Blowin' Smoke'', and who's telling the truth. Probably there's more than enough blame to go around, though . . .
doggy style

Nazareth, PA

#7 Jul 24, 2009
i do not drive there so to me it is a waste of $$$
Steve

Reading, PA

#8 Jul 24, 2009
This wouldn't be such a bad intersection to navigate if people around didn't drive like low-life ANIMALS.
Jen Atillia

Bethlehem, PA

#11 Jul 24, 2009
West End Resident wrote:
Road Warrior should ask for and review the submissions from the Township, and review and comment letters back from PennDOT, and the dates for same - they're all 'Open Records' now anyway - to see what the real facts and causes for this unacceptable delay are here - who's ''Blowin' Smoke'', and who's telling the truth. Probably there's more than enough blame to go around, though ...

Hey come on! The Road Warrior can make a few phone calls, and drive out to a spot in-question, but now you're asking him to do actual research?
John

Conshohocken, PA

#12 Jul 24, 2009
Hank wrote:
I wish Penn Dot would adjust the timing on the lights along Rt 33 and William Penn and Freemansburg Ave's. Those lights are too short if you are coming off of Rt33. People now go straight through the light into the Lowe's lot, do a quick u-turn and then make the right to go towards Bethlehem. That's safe? I was going into Lowe's the other day and a car almost clipped me because she was in a hurry to make the illegal u-turn and pop out onto the service road.
All timing of the lights are handled by the township not PENNDOT.
Observer14

Bethlehem, PA

#13 Jul 24, 2009
Steve wrote:
This wouldn't be such a bad intersection to navigate if people around didn't drive like low-life ANIMALS.
The traffic volume forces drivers to drive like animals to get on to Race St from Willowbrook or from businesses like Sears. Clear a path MF's, ready or not I'm coming thru!

This project should have been completed years ago, when Race St / Airport Road intersection improved, Catty HS & housing development built, not hard to predict more traffic.
Observer14

Bethlehem, PA

#14 Jul 24, 2009
Other Race St intersection long overdue is Lehigh St & Front St. One local politicians newsletter few years ago listed it as a planned project, funds from PA or fedgov had been made available for a new road from Howertown back behind the mill apartments, connecting to Lehigh St.

This is an every man for himself intersection at rush hour.
Unbelievable

Novato, CA

#15 Jul 24, 2009
I find it sickening that we can't just get a temporary light at this intersection until the time that the taj-mahal of intersections can be approved and completed!!! As one of the unfortunate that has to travel through this intersection at rush hour twice a day, I'm simply waiting for my number to come up.....it almost seems inevitable! There are accidents several times a week there, I know of one death, yet we have to fix EVERYTHING or NOTHING?! The poles have been moved, the wires they're working on..........put a set of construction traffic lights in there if you have to, but do SOMETHING!!
WOW

Center Valley, PA

#16 Jul 24, 2009
RonMania wrote:
<quoted text>These actions should occur daily to the majority of the female species that litter the roadways believing that they can drive & talk at the same time.
You RonMania are a chouvanist jacka@@
doggy style

Nazareth, PA

#17 Jul 24, 2009
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You RonMania are a chouvanist jacka@@
Wrong....RonMania is a flaming queer.
Chief Wiggums

Hazleton, PA

#18 Jul 24, 2009
Hate to break it to the RW, but the headline is weak b/c there will finally be a traffic signal there with GREEN, RED, and YELLOW lights - not just green!

How could a headline be so stupid to say there will finally be a green light? Show me a traffic signal with only a green light.
Unhappy in Lehigh

Newtown Square, PA

#19 Jul 24, 2009
doggy style wrote:
i do not drive there so to me it is a waste of $$$
Well I don't drive where you do, so anything they do to improve the roads you use is a waste of money...

Stupid logic, eh?
doggy style

Nazareth, PA

#20 Jul 24, 2009
Unhappy in Lehigh wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't drive where you do, so anything they do to improve the roads you use is a waste of money...
I use Stupid logic, eh?
You are the picture of Stupidity !!!
Brandi

Villanova, PA

#21 Jul 24, 2009
Unbelievable wrote:
I find it sickening that we can't just get a temporary light at this intersection until the time that the taj-mahal of intersections can be approved and completed!!! As one of the unfortunate that has to travel through this intersection at rush hour twice a day, I'm simply waiting for my number to come up.....it almost seems inevitable! There are accidents several times a week there, I know of one death, yet we have to fix EVERYTHING or NOTHING?! The poles have been moved, the wires they're working on..........put a set of construction traffic lights in there if you have to, but do SOMETHING!!
I agree they should DO something, even stop signs for now wuold ba a vast improvement. Just Yesterday I almost bacame one of the many accidents in that intersection. People try to pull out in front of you to make a left onto race street. If for some reason I hadn't been paying attention, I'd have been a casualty of their procrastination
Chief

Macungie, PA

#22 Jul 24, 2009
Stros5 wrote:
Ms. Pudliner needs to get her story straight. PPL moved its poles 6+ months ago. It has been waiting for Verizon, Service Electric, and RCN to transfer to the new poles. She and the twp engineers were told this several times, but why take the blame when you can point the finger elsewhere?
You know as well as anyone out there, these things are always PPL's fault. You can't let the facts of other utilities dragging their feet get in the way of blaming PPL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Pearl Jam 307,128
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr johnplustwomore 1,156,637
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr L Morales 71,302
Pa. takes on slumlord hide-and-seek 8 hr silly rabbit 5
Pawlowski, Donchez and Panto: It's a bad idea t... 12 hr A-town Observer 2
Get furnace checked or face a fine Sat silly rabbit 47
What's the best way to help an elderly dog? (May '09) Fri Sam 18

Catasauqua News Video

Catasauqua Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Catasauqua People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Catasauqua News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Catasauqua