Tests confirm: Teens killed by methadone overdoses

Lab tests have confirmed methadone overdoses killed two teenagers from the Pocono Mountain School District who died at their homes in March, authorities said. Full Story
dirty harry

Ashburn, VA

#1 Apr 9, 2009
The teens' deaths were listed as accidental as a result of "the toxic effect of methadone,'' she said.

i GUESS IT WAS AN ACCIDENT THAT THEY GOT THEM TOO.

SOMEONE GAVE THEM BY ACCIDENT

THEY PAID FOR THEM BY ACCIDENT
Lenny Brisco

Slatington, PA

#2 Apr 9, 2009
Find the b-a-s-t-a-r-d-s and kill them, any meth dealers past or present should be locked up forever and never left back into society!

“Be careful what u wish for....”

Since: Jul 08

Ptown Ohio--the hills

#3 Apr 9, 2009
QUOTED FROM THE ARTICLE : "The teens' deaths were listed as accidental as a result of "the toxic effect of methadone" ~~~~~~

WHEN IS THIS INSANITY GOING TO STOP?

WHEN WILL THE GOVERNMENT WAKE UP AND GET THIS KILLER OUT OF THE HANDS OF THESE HEARTLESS BASTARDS WHO FAKE ILLNESS TO GET THIS SHIT PRESCRIBED?

WHAT ABOUT THIS DOES THE PRO COMMUNITY "NOT" GET? HOW CAN THIS DRUG BE JUSTIFIED FOR ANY MANNER FOR ALL THE LIVES IT IS TAKING? WHAT IF IT WERE THE CHILD OF ONE OF THE DOCTORS OR BIG PHARMA WHO DIED BY INGESTING THIS VERY LETHAL AND UNPREDICTABLE DRUG?

IT IS BECOMING ALL TOO COMMON THESE DAYS TO OPEN A NEWSPAPER AND READ WHERE PEOPLE OF ALL AGES ARE SUCCUMBING TO METHADONE. THAT IS A SCARY FACT INDEED. THESE METHADONE PILLS NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM THE MARKET ASAP AND THESE DAMN PUSHERS NEED TO BE SKINNED ALIVE FOR MAKING THEM AVAILABLE TO WHOMEVER, WHENEVER.

THIS NEEDS TO STOP!!!!!1

oh well

Fleetwood, PA

#4 Apr 9, 2009
Anyone dumb enough to take that stuff has to expect that they might die. They killed them selfs.

“Be careful what u wish for....”

Since: Jul 08

Ptown Ohio--the hills

#5 Apr 9, 2009
oh well wrote:
Anyone dumb enough to take that stuff has to expect that they might die. They killed them selfs.
You were DUMB enough to post an idiotic statement such as that, so what ya say should be done with you?

Evidently you missed the point somewhere....if there weren't all these "ill with pain" folks who in turn divert their methadone to make a damn dollar or even give it away, there would NOT be so many deaths. Get it now?
Snoopfee

Pincher Creek, Canada

#6 Apr 9, 2009
If you drink on this drug you will DIE!!
Please beleive me Save your life before its too late.
not a pharmacist

Woodlyn, PA

#7 Apr 9, 2009
methadone mixed with anti depressants such as xanax or any other benzodiazepine can cause major problems. Herion addicts say the high on meth and benzo is better than herion. Might of been the story here.
unreal

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Apr 9, 2009
Methadone is Deadly wrote:
QUOTED FROM THE ARTICLE : "The teens' deaths were listed as accidental as a result of "the toxic effect of methadone" ~~~~~~
WHEN WILL THE GOVERNMENT WAKE UP AND GET THIS KILLER OUT OF THE HANDS OF THESE HEARTLESS BASTARDS WHO FAKE ILLNESS TO GET THIS **** PRESCRIBED?
WHAT ABOUT THIS DOES THE PRO COMMUNITY "NOT" GET? HOW CAN THIS DRUG BE JUSTIFIED FOR ANY MANNER FOR ALL THE LIVES IT IS TAKING? WHAT IF IT WERE THE CHILD OF ONE OF THE DOCTORS OR BIG PHARMA WHO DIED BY INGESTING THIS VERY LETHAL AND UNPREDICTABLE DRUG?
IT IS BECOMING ALL TOO COMMON THESE DAYS TO OPEN A NEWSPAPER AND READ WHERE PEOPLE OF ALL AGES ARE SUCCUMBING TO METHADONE. THAT IS A SCARY FACT INDEED. THESE METHADONE PILLS NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM THE MARKET ASAP AND THESE **** PUSHERS NEED TO BE SKINNED ALIVE FOR MAKING THEM AVAILABLE TO WHOMEVER, WHENEVER.
THIS NEEDS TO STOP!!!!!1
what about the people that really do need this medication?
Truth

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Apr 10, 2009
This is what many call the thinning of the herd. It's natural selection. The weakest and the least intelligent will not survive on their own. They chose to do something stupid and they passed because of the stupid decision.
I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone that does this to themselves. I only feel sorry for the families of them. I'm sure they never thought their children were this weak and stupid.
RonMania

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Apr 10, 2009
not a pharmacist wrote:
methadone mixed with anti depressants such as xanax or any other benzodiazepine can cause major problems. Herion addicts say the high on meth and benzo is better than herion. Might of been the story here.
America keep taking your pills the quacks prescrip for you.
Good

White Haven, PA

#11 Apr 10, 2009
<quoted text>
You were DUMB enough to post an idiotic statement such as that, so what ya say should be done with you?
Evidently you missed the point somewhere....if there weren't all these "ill with pain" folks who in turn divert their methadone to make a **** dollar or even give it away, there would NOT be so many deaths. Get it now?
Look at the bright side, they proved Darwin's point, that lower forms of live will self distruct. At least now my future tax dollars will not be wasted supporting these two loser druggies
preacha

East Stroudsburg, PA

#15 Apr 10, 2009
re heroin, coke, crack: an easy solution is for the dea etc to intercept more (they know where alot is but wait for the bigger busts), poison it & kill all the users. No market, no sales, no robberies or murders of innocents to get money to feed deadly habits.

Since: Apr 09

Pawleys Island, SC

#16 Apr 10, 2009
Lenny Brisco wrote:
Find the b-a-s-t-a-r-d-s and kill them, any meth dealers past or present should be locked up forever and never left back into society!
What do "meth dealers" have to do with this.

Meth=methamphetamine not methadone. Lenny would know the difference.
Helping Others

Medford, OR

#17 Apr 10, 2009
Overdosing or (accidental as a result of "the toxic effect of methadone" or another illegal substance) is a problem everywhere and the Victims are getting younger. There are many laws regarding Drugs. Drugs are against the law in every aspect including death. This has been a law for about 20 years now and it is being used to prosecute the person/people that are supplying drugs that cause a death in several states now. Friend or Not a Friend, Taken willingly or slipped, it doesn't matter it is still the law the law doesn't make exceptions for that. Most people don't even know it is a law and it is time that everyone found out about supplying drugs and death. Some may decide to take drugs only for themselves and now be willing to share them with anyone for a realized fear that they could be prosecuted and spend a good portion of their life or the rest of their life in jail. There will always be drugs but fewer people may be less apt to supply them especially to friends if they know they will be charged if someone dies. It is time to enforce the law all the "Drug Laws" not just talk about them. Then it can be said that we are fighting the war on Drugs. Maybe then someone will think twice about selling, giving or slipping drugs to someone else. Get the word out; if someone gets drugs from you, overdoses and or dies, you will be and should be held accountable for their death. It is the law. Learn more and see how it has affected other communities.
Visit www.friendsdontletfriendsdie.com
TooManyDumbFuxTo Address

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Apr 13, 2009
WHEN WILL THE GOVERNMENT WAKE UP AND GET THIS KILLER OUT OF THE HANDS OF THESE HEARTLESS BASTARDS WHO FAKE ILLNESS TO GET THIS **** PRESCRIBED?
IT IS BECOMING ALL TOO COMMON THESE DAYS TO OPEN A NEWSPAPER AND READ WHERE PEOPLE OF ALL AGES ARE SUCCUMBING TO METHADONE. THAT IS A SCARY FACT INDEED. THESE METHADONE PILLS NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM THE MARKET ASAP AND THESE **** PUSHERS NEED TO BE SKINNED ALIVE FOR MAKING THEM AVAILABLE TO WHOMEVER, WHENEVER.
THIS NEEDS TO STOP!!!!!1
I hope you get this upity about other instances of death that happen every second of the day all over the world.
lis

Boulder, CO

#19 Feb 1, 2013
Truth wrote:
This is what many call the thinning of the herd. It's natural selection. The weakest and the least intelligent will not survive on their own. They chose to do something stupid and they passed because of the stupid decision.
I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone that does this to themselves. I only feel sorry for the families of them. I'm sure they never thought their children were this weak and stupid.
you have no idea what made them take the drug or what kind of help they had available, they acted on teenage impulse and paid a consequence that some drug addicts never have to deal with. the fact that you post something as rude as this is disgusting... Natural selection? you have no idea how smart they were and trust me they were for you to sit there and post this is revolting...how do you justify your survival what do you do to further your community or anyone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,156,392
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min Frijoles 71,279
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Feces for pagans 307,122
Pa. takes on slumlord hide-and-seek 4 hr Justice 2
Pawlowski, Donchez and Panto: It's a bad idea t... 9 hr lady 1
Get furnace checked or face a fine 18 hr silly rabbit 47
What's the best way to help an elderly dog? (May '09) Fri Sam 18

Catasauqua News Video

Catasauqua Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Catasauqua People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Catasauqua News, Events & Info