Lehigh Valley Hospital, Blue Mountain Health to work more closely

Full story: The Morning Call

Lehigh Valley Health Network and Blue Mountain Health System today are expected to announce a further working relationship between the hospitals.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Bill

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 24, 2009
 
Excuse me, may I interrupt. Did they ever consider shutting down one of their 2 facilitlites? Blue Mountain Health System under the brainstorm of Robert Clark rose up from the emergence of 2 old antiquated hospitals full of inadequate political biased staff. Beware LVH, there are a bunch of slackers in this system that fail to be leaders and just want to sit back and collect paychecks based on their political ties and contributions. Don't stand for it and make Mr. Harris address his lameduck employees who continue to contribute to the demise because of their percieved entitlements and failure to work towards the mission.
Blue Mtn Stinks

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 24, 2009
 
Lehigh Valley Hospital: Beware of BMH. I know them intimately. That Board does not care about patient care, only the Almighty Buck! Ask them about the cover ups at their so-called assisted living and nursing home facilities. They will play dumb but they know exactly what you would be talking about. Please, the less you have to do with them, the better.They are political hacks with no concern for patients, loyal employees and most certainly no concern for the truth. STAY AWAY FROM THEM. If I were shot on the front steps of Palmerton Hospital I would beg to be taken anywhere but inside.
Danger in Blue Mtn

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 24, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Blue Mountain Health System? Are you kidding me? Why would a great hospital like LVH be associated with these hacks? If you don't feel good and go to Palmerton Hospital, guard your gall bladder. It could be on the chopping block...literally. It was the 'Disease of The Month' last year. MRSA was a close second...oh, and when they need to increase revenue in the mental ward, they call their other facilities for a few more inpatients to fill a bed or two until their insurance runs out, then they send them home with 'happy pills' which they did not need. I was a nurse there. I know.
PULLEEEZEEE

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 24, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Blue Mountain Health? Yuk. Run in the opposite direction
there is no god

Nanticoke, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 24, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

hahahahaha....everyone putting down carbon county hospitals.

though lehigh valley too big for its own good, too....lot of bad news at that butcher shop doesn't get reported.
Rational Conservationist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 24, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Give it a chance....keep jobs local, let LVH try, they seem to have the Midas touch.
Snowskier123

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 24, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Yes, LVH deserves a chance to spend a few hundred thousand dollars changing the Blue Mtn Health Logos, that will fix everything.
Insanity

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 25, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Danger in Blue Mtn wrote:
Blue Mountain Health System? Are you kidding me? Why would a great hospital like LVH be associated with these hacks? If you don't feel good and go to Palmerton Hospital, guard your gall bladder. It could be on the chopping block...literally. It was the 'Disease of The Month' last year. MRSA was a close second...oh, and when they need to increase revenue in the mental ward, they call their other facilities for a few more inpatients to fill a bed or two until their insurance runs out, then they send them home with 'happy pills' which they did not need. I was a nurse there. I know.
Miss Nurse, maybe you should look again. Not all of the staff is great, but not all of the staff is great anywhere. Condsidering that the BHU just re-opened, and you "were" a nurse there, how would you know how the BHU is run now?

Blue Mountain Health System is doing great!! They already had ties with LVH for a few years now! This is not a merger, its not a take-over. It is a means to bring the people of Carbon County more availability to a higher level of care. A small hospital can only do so many things, which is why they have been in collaboration with LVH.

If you knew anything, you would know that the Gnaden Huetten ED has the best times in the nation for ER Door to balloon for MI's, their times are better than Lehigh Valley's and the best time was with ground transport from the ED to LVH, due to a winter storm grounding Med Evac.

Also a young man's life was saved in Gnaden' ED, when he shot himself in a suicide attempt, and Med- Evac was grounded, again due to weather conditions, and they were able to keep him alive and get him safely to LVH where they could give him the higher level of care that he needed

So, I don't know how long ago you worked at Blue Mountain Health System, but maybe you better re-evaluate your opinion, because it's quite different than it ever was, and with the continued collaboration with LVH, the excellence of care will only increase!
maw

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 7, 2009
 
I agree with the non-involment. I have had three different family members fall under BMH care and they wrongly diagnosed, gave medication that had a deadly combination with medication they knew this family member was on. Discharged a sibling of mine saying stroke was caused by birth control and day after discharge had another stroke and was diagnosed with end stage renial failure now you can't tell me this happened over night her kidneys had to be that way when she was under their care. I thank god for LVH they saved her life.I to would request to go anywhere but under BMH sytems.
Insanity

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 8, 2009
 
maw wrote:
I agree with the non-involment. I have had three different family members fall under BMH care and they wrongly diagnosed, gave medication that had a deadly combination with medication they knew this family member was on. Discharged a sibling of mine saying stroke was caused by birth control and day after discharge had another stroke and was diagnosed with end stage renial failure now you can't tell me this happened over night her kidneys had to be that way when she was under their care. I thank god for LVH they saved her life.I to would request to go anywhere but under BMH sytems.
How long ago was this, and which campus? They both have different physicians that have privileges, different doc's in the ED, and completely different policies...
Mr Lebowski

Atwood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 10, 2009
 

Judged:

1

The palmerton hospital is litterally the worst hospital I've ever been to in my life. If i got hit by a car out in front of the hospital i would ask to be taken to LVH. I took my g/f there 2 weeks ago cause her insurance goes through there and the Dr. was such a jerk. he acted like he didnt want to see us, talk to us. He was backing out of the room as he was asking her the symptoms. Didnt introduce himself or tell us what was going on or what he was doing, we sat in the room for 2 hrs and he never even came back, a nurse came in and threw some pills at us and we left. HORRIBLE care. I had 1000x better care in the US Navy.
Dfer

Nazareth, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 21, 2010
 
Birds of a feather, flock together. This arrangement should work well. It is all about the money trail. Some good providers but administrators are more concerned with the bottom line.
Former employee at bhs

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 24, 2013
 
Insanity wrote:
<quoted text>
Miss Nurse, maybe you should look again. Not all of the staff is great, but not all of the staff is great anywhere. Condsidering that the BHU just re-opened, and you "were" a nurse there, how would you know how the BHU is run now?
Blue Mountain Health System is doing great!! They already had ties with LVH for a few years now! This is not a merger, its not a take-over. It is a means to bring the people of Carbon County more availability to a higher level of care. A small hospital can only do so many things, which is why they have been in collaboration with LVH.
If you knew anything, you would know that the Gnaden Huetten ED has the best times in the nation for ER Door to balloon for MI's, their times are better than Lehigh Valley's and the best time was with ground transport from the ED to LVH, due to a winter storm grounding Med Evac.
Also a young man's life was saved in Gnaden' ED, when he shot himself in a suicide attempt, and Med- Evac was grounded, again due to weather conditions, and they were able to keep him alive and get him safely to LVH where they could give him the higher level of care that he needed
So, I don't know how long ago you worked at Blue Mountain Health System, but maybe you better re-evaluate your opinion, because it's quite different than it ever was, and with the continued collaboration with LVH, the excellence of care will only increase!
Blue Omg what a joke.... Must be someone in administration commenting this..... I saw first hand the unbelievable things that happened in front of me there. I just quit no longer then a couple months ago so don't sit here and lie.
Former employee at bhs

Lehighton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 24, 2013
 
And for the one or two things that went well at bhs that's been said here... Doesn't make up for the complete overall horrible system that's taking care of the poor locals who sometimes have no choice but to walk through them doors. I've never witnessed such a setup that's supposed to be taking care of people. I am disgusted by bhs and is why I left. I literally watched dozens of fkups over and over by drs. I even was there to see several lawsuits take place.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Catasauqua News Video

•••
•••

Catasauqua Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Catasauqua People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Catasauqua News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Catasauqua
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••