Not all churches are refuges from tro...

Not all churches are refuges from trouble and strife

There are 148 comments on the The Morning Call story from Feb 25, 2009, titled Not all churches are refuges from trouble and strife. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

It does not necessarily take the Inquisition to stir up church strife. Last year, Mary Jane Fonder entered the office of her church in Bucks County and shot Rhonda Smith, an office worker, to death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“Matthew 5:10”

Since: Dec 08

Allentown

#147 Mar 9, 2009
former consistory member wrote:
<quoted text> sorry Krissa, did not read your prior response but I did respond maybe not to you directly but go back to I think #122 my response to trespassing should sum it up.
Thank you, and I apologize for my previous post being so harsh. Based on everything I've read and heard so far, I personally feel that Rev. Darcy is serving herself. It's sad, really. Nowadays we need churches who will spread the positive message of Christ, and it sounds like you're doing your best admist all the tumult.
rezasantorini

Skokie, IL

#148 Mar 9, 2009
Hm. Do you not think if there really was a God's will all religions and denominations of that will would be the same?

And, if it were so so the lines would not change according to the believer or the belief of the leader of each congregation? Hmm. How do you like that, there is opinion!

That is why we left the dark ages behind.

“Matthew 5:10”

Since: Dec 08

Allentown

#149 Mar 9, 2009
rezasantorini wrote:
Hm. Do you not think if there really was a God's will all religions and denominations of that will would be the same?
And, if it were so so the lines would not change according to the believer or the belief of the leader of each congregation? Hmm. How do you like that, there is opinion!
That is why we left the dark ages behind.
I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time following your post. Is your opinion that God's will does not exist, otherwise all religions/congregations would be the same?
I'm not a minister or a theology major, but I believe that God's will for everyone is to love each other, and care for each other, as we would want to be loved and cared for. Most of the world's religions also teach that.
Preacher

Springtown, PA

#150 Mar 9, 2009
Krissa wrote:
Ok, the fact that no one on either side of this argument responded to my earlier post (has anyone involved in this debacle used a discernment/prayer process to help them understand what GOD's will is) tells me that you are ALL operating on your own agendas and NOT God's will.
I love Christ- it's Christians that really bother me.
Krissa --- Excellent question! It should be the ultimate question.

In addition to the faith-filled answer of Werner. God had spoken in other ways:
1) God has spoken through the Church Consistory who had asked her to leave.

2) God has spoken through the congregation as they voted to fire her.

3) God has spoken through her denomination in 1993 when they revoked her standing, which means that she is not recognized as a Pastor in the United Church of Christ.

God has spoken and Mrs. Darcy has chosen to ignore God's voice, so that Darcy can pretend to play Pastor.

Misanthrope

Bethlehem, PA

#151 Mar 10, 2009
Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Krissa --- Excellent question! It should be the ultimate question.
In addition to the faith-filled answer of Werner. God had spoken in other ways:
1) God has spoken through the Church Consistory who had asked her to leave.
2) God has spoken through the congregation as they voted to fire her.
3) God has spoken through her denomination in 1993 when they revoked her standing, which means that she is not recognized as a Pastor in the United Church of Christ.
God has spoken and Mrs. Darcy has chosen to ignore God's voice, so that Darcy can pretend to play Pastor.
I agree. A cleansing in this church is long overdue and Mrs. Darcy (and her followers) should move on. Then and only then, can some real spiritual healing begin within the congregation.
Darcy Supporter

United States

#152 Mar 10, 2009
Werner wrote:
Krissa - I have debated hard with myself on God's Will. I sat home figuring that maybe God wanted Darcy there. I was happy not doing sunday school, so I thought. I still did Friendship Circle and I attended church and that was it. Then God spoke, I was listening to teaching CD and it said that passiveness was one of the reasons the Devil succeeds, we get lazy, we don't fight the evil we let it succeed and then I thought, God I think you want me to teach again, but I don't want to, then I get a phone call from someone saying that there child has no where to go on sundays - there is no sunday school at Salem, so I throw my hands up to God and say you win. So we started Sunday School again, and we started up regular church service, although they are in Fellowship Hall, they are with the choir, the people and someone leading the worship who is from the congregation or a visiting minister. God talked, we don't fight, we avoid Darcy and there is no arguing on Sundays. Attendance is up, people feel uplifted on a Sunday. Isn't this then God's will?
Werner - why didn't you direct the lost Sunday School soul down to the Lincoln Middle school, Rev Darcy is running a rather successful service there they may find enjoyable. Pass the word, thanks!
Werner

Allentown, PA

#153 Mar 10, 2009
Darcy Supporter - May God Bless Darcy's services at the Lincoln, I am truly glad that they are going so well.

And thats what I don't understand, why does Darcy still insist on coming to Salem to sit in an empty Sanctuary. However, if anyone looks for her I will send them there.

As for the person who called me, they want a Sunday School at Salem, and that is what I am lending a hand with.
mmmmmwwwww

Bethlehem, PA

#154 Apr 24, 2009
vjvlvii

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Trump did curtsy 1,534,740
News Allentown's Udder Bar offers ice cream, gourmet... 7 hr silly rabbit 10
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr ThomasA 314,308
News 'Buyers love finished basements' : The Morning ... (Apr '07) Mon silly rabbit 7
News Abortion clinic case summons a separate issue :... (Apr '07) Mon silly rabbit 161
News Parents have role, too in preventing crime : Th... (Apr '07) May 21 silly rabbit 22
News Community reacts to man who locked kid in cage May 21 silly rabbit 7

Catasauqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages