New weirdness in Darcy tale

New weirdness in Darcy tale

There are 12 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 16, 2009, titled New weirdness in Darcy tale. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The congregation began chanting, ''Please leave! Please leave!'' She stood her ground.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Mike Brusko

Emmaus, PA

#1 Jul 16, 2009
Organized worship was a great idea until adults got involved.
Martin

Allentown, PA

#2 Jul 16, 2009
Martin should have acted much sooner in this case. My heart goes out to the congregants who were at the mercy of this maniac for so long and managed to respond peacefully. If Darcy shows up again, Martin owes it to this church to restore the peace.
Hope

Newton, NJ

#4 Jul 16, 2009
This congregation has paid a dear price for retaining her as their pastor in 1992,after she was booted from PNC. It took a long time, but their eyes were finally opened. Time for her to go on her merry way, and the congregation to get their church back.

Since: Apr 08

Easton, PA

#5 Jul 16, 2009
I was part of the PNEC Board that booted her in '92. We emplored the congregation to rid themselves of her then, but they refused. It has taken a 17+ year toll on them. I hope the recovery begins.
Hope wrote:
This congregation has paid a dear price for retaining her as their pastor in 1992,after she was booted from PNC. It took a long time, but their eyes were finally opened. Time for her to go on her merry way, and the congregation to get their church back.
Truth can hurt

Nazareth, PA

#6 Jul 16, 2009
If any of those involved in hiring this "upstanding" citizen to be their pastor would have taken the time to research her financial and TAX background (it's not too hard) they would have noticed that she has been derelict of honesty for many years.
Johnny -The See- ILDee

Bethlehem, PA

#7 Jul 16, 2009
Mike Brusko wrote:
Organized worship was a great idea until adults got involved.
Religion, organized or not, is to good ideas what Humanistic Species-ism is to philosophy, i.e. worthless.

As for Darcy, it is clear that, just as Sarah Palin, she is insane.
barry

Rainsville, AL

#8 Jul 16, 2009
Johnny -The See- ILDee wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion, organized or not, is to good ideas what Humanistic Species-ism is to philosophy, i.e. worthless.
just can't stay on topic can you. what you need is apersonal relationship with the almighty who realy does love you inspite of yourself. oops got off topic
Bethlehem

Bethlehem, PA

#9 Jul 17, 2009
You sir are no Paul Harvey if you don't want to tell the whole story, JUST SHUT THE H**L UP
Johnny -The See- ILDee

Bethlehem, PA

#10 Jul 18, 2009
barry wrote:
<quoted text> just can't stay on topic can you. what you need is apersonal relationship with the almighty who realy does love you inspite of yourself. oops got off topic
Am pro-gay rights all the way but not too keen on some strange, unclean character who wears a dress telling you He loves ME. "That seems illogical."
Curt Frantz

Wilson, NC

#11 Jul 21, 2009
Johnny -The See- ILDee wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, I knew Fifi Attiyeh Darcy in high school when she was hugging trees. She is a big time liberal and no doubt huge Obama supporter. You know, the position with the insanity. I take it speciesism gets in the way of your taste for the meat of sentient beings. Don't you think it inappropriate to use a story on Darcy to blast your demons: religion, veganism, and Palin?
owlafaye

Cottage Grove, OR

#12 Jul 29, 2009
Churches and religion are inherently goofy. Think of it: This god has relations with a human woman and he goes on to die for you promising that if you eat his flesh and drink his blood he will save you from an eternal damnation on all men, incurred because a woman, made from a man's rib, was seduced by a talking snake to eat forbidden fruit from a magical tree. Heyyyyy MAKES SENSE TO ME.

Now this invisible, magical, all powerful zombie in the sky just wants you to praise and worship him (maybe an inferiority complex?) so that when you die you can go to an extraordinary place in the sky where you will spend all eternity praising and worshipping him. One of the conditions of this deal is you MUST stay in church for at least one hour every Sunday, praising and worshipping him...something people find very hard to do. Did they ever think that this "heaven" this zombie claims, means praising and worshipping him 24 hours a day? What a reasonable, rational and sensible scenario...eh folks?
owlafaye

Cottage Grove, OR

#13 Jul 29, 2009
Well, Palin is a whacko also. You have to remember that the reason you dislike Obama is because there is no chance in H--L that you will ever come even close to his measure as a gentleman, scholar, speaker, politician and leader of men. Envy, Jealousy and Hate are the foundation stones of all Christianity (in the name of Jesus of course).

Of Course !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,263,661
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr feces for jesus 310,344
News Murderer to spend rest of life in jail 22 hr free Heath 1
News Animal agents searching Upper Milford kennel on... (Oct '08) Thu Zeusmom 206
News Group Including Youths Believed to Have Heroin ... (Oct '12) Jul 28 getting sick 2
allentown observer Jul 27 Richard Kranium 3
News Whatever happened to . . . Lorenzo the Tramp (Feb '08) Jul 27 Richard Kranium 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages