Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

raccoon tour

Luxembourg

#815829 Dec 3, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Go find your sister then...or your mother...whichever...doesn't really matter to you, I'm sure.
But I want you, carol, it's because you play so hard to get. It's your sticky gooey center I want spread on my sssschtick.
raccoon tour

Luxembourg

#815831 Dec 3, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Well no consultation round for you then...because NOTHING in my REAL world has EVER been "free".
Sowwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeee lol.
That's jus' cause you never manage to get you videos back on time.
raccoon tour

Luxembourg

#815833 Dec 3, 2012
dem wrote:
How's the water, gang?
I'm not sure. How's the water in Chicago? Muddy? That's a surprise..
raccoon tour

Luxembourg

#815834 Dec 3, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Suffering from post election blahs?
Fkn yourself just not doing it for ya?
Maybe I can cheer you up.
Hmmmmm... this is suspicious. Tell me sumthin' only dem would know... um... What kind of roof do you have on your house in the satellite photos?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#815835 Dec 3, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch out, Lorac's been reading Newsmax again!!
Will the whining little Carol ever face the fact that Obama won and her merry band of nitwits lost??
Elections have consequences. One is that you nitwsits need to STFU after losing the past election bigtime!!
----------
While you're at it, consider this;
President George W. Bush spent over 124 million taxpayer dollars on trips to his ranch in Crawford, TX, and using John Boehner’s logic we demand that the GOP pay us back.
While trying to distract America from the fact that his own caucus passed a budget that would double the interest rate on student loans, Speaker of the House John Boehner is whipping up the faux outrage over the cost of President Obama’s travel this week. Today, Boehner said,“This week, the President traveled across the country on taxpayers’ dime, at a cost of $179,000 an hour, insisting that Congress fix a problem that we were already working on. Frankly, I think this is beneath the dignity of the White House.”
Not surprisingly, John Boehner was totally silent when President George W. Bush was setting the presidential record for most vacation days. Bush was not only on vacation more than any other president. He spent more money on non-official travel than any other president in American history. As president, George W. Bush used Air Force One to fly to his ranch in Crawford, TX for vacation.
Boehner’s comments about the cost of Obama’s travel got us thinking about how much money the Republican Party owes taxpayers for George W. Bush’s non-official vacation travels. Using a method that we have cleverly coined Boehner Math, this is what we came up with.
Number of George W. Bush flights for vacation in Crawford, TX: 77
Cost of running Air Force One:$179,000/hour
Flight time one way from the White House to Crawford: 4.5 hours
Cost of one way flight:$805,500
Roundtrip cost:$1,611,000
Total cost to taxpayers of Bush’s vacation trips to the ranch:$124,047,000
Unlike President Bush who used Air Force One as personal vacation and campaign jet, President Obama’s events were held to discuss the public policy issue of the impending increase in the student loan interest rate. Bush spent over $124 million of our tax dollars flying to Crawford to clear brush, and while he was doing this Republicans like John Boehner never demanded that he pay back the cost of his travel to the taxpayers.
Boehner and the Republican Party just don’t get it. This is a non-issue, and if they really want people to look into the cost of presidential travel, they aren’t going to like the results. They are not going to be able to paint Obama as a presidential globetrotter whose largesse is coming on the taxpayer dime.
Instead of creating a distraction issue, Boehner and the Republican Party attack on President Obama has alerted the American people to the fact that they owe us a whole lot of money. And we would like to be paid.
George W. Bush and the Republican Party owe taxpayers over $124 million, so until Boehner and Bush pay us back, the Speaker needs to keep his hypocrisy infected mouth closed.""
----------
Hey look, the lying sack of sht is still here. Why don't you be a man of character for a change and beat it?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#815836 Dec 3, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Go tell it to Charlie Manson.
The Democrat Party will never nominate another white candidate for President.
Just when I thought Nobraina couldn't say anything more stupid than many of his past utterances..........

he ups the ante again!!

Nobraina's stupidity is infinite!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#815839 Dec 3, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. And all cash sales in all businesses, seasonal or not, actually get rung up and sales taxes are paid.
Surely you know that some cash businesses pay their employees in cash, "off the books", with no Social Security or tax withholding.
The higher the taxes, the more the economy goes underground.
Some is not most pal__most means over 50%__many is not most pal__most means over 50%.

501 C-3 (tug at heart) charities are exempt but must keep track of sales and in kinds to submit with a W-9. Same goes for 501 C-6, Chambers, Rotaries etc.

I'm not sure about churches__never administered a church.

Private sales even if temporary/seasonal are subject to all government R&R's. Cheat at your own risk.

Did you know that in certain communities yard sales are limited and require permitting?
raccoon tour

Luxembourg

#815841 Dec 3, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey look, the lying sack of sht is still here. Why don't you be a man of character for a change and beat it?
Shut up you dumb bitch, I got work to do here an' you bes' not get in my way.

Location hidden

#815844 Dec 3, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Right after you explain your loony comment that we get meat products from Livestock Conventions!! LOL

You're dumber than a box-o-rocks and totally helpless without Gunner here to run interference for you!!

I'm lovin' it!!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#815845 Dec 3, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Like I said, one of us will know the truth. Which more than likely will be me. Because people like O'Reilly and Krauthammer aren't part of the Obama Team Cheerleading Squad.
I will get the truth via a variety of sources with crosschecking and actual thinking involved, you on the other hand will be spoonfed what Fox tells you and go with that.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#815847 Dec 3, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How much did Bush spend? Do you know???
According to Bruce Bartlett(Former Reagan Advisor) something like a $20 trillion increase in the national debt under Bush's watch.

http://www.deepjournal.com/p/7/a/en/590.html

Impostor: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy
by Bruce Bartlett

http://www.conservativebookservice.com/produc...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#815849 Dec 3, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
COMMERCE IS THE FILTHIEST WORD IN THE LANGUAGE, IN ANY LANGUAGE. IF THE STRUGGLE FO' MONEY REPRESENTS THE MEANING OF LIFE THEN WHAT WE NEED IS SOME MO' DEATH.
Who said anything about money? Oh, yeah, that would be you.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#815850 Dec 3, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
DEBIL CAN READ YOU MINDS. HE KNOW YOU WANT HIM TO JUS' WAKE HER UP AN' DO HER LIKE A SAUSAGE PIZZA ROLLED UP LIKE A CIGARETTE... BUT DEBIL A GENTLEMAN. HE LET HER GET HERSELF TOGETHER... MAYBE PUT ON A L'IL LIPSTICK, THAT SORT OF THING...
Why does carol get consideration but I get assjacked?

Location hidden

#815851 Dec 3, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of spineless bitches, where's gunner?
Retard Fred and DBWriter have not been seen since election day!!

Nobraina is back as John Galt, Floriduh is back as Carter. I think Gunner bcame back as 'orangelion' for awhile, but he fled just as quickly when his alias was busted.
dem

United States

#815852 Dec 3, 2012
The thread is on life support.
Shall I unplug it?
dem

United States

#815853 Dec 3, 2012
Here's an idea.
Lets pretend Romney won!

You guys were so sure he would that I'm certain you have your victory speeches ready.

GO!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815854 Dec 3, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Love it. I say do it and let the American people see who the Republicans really care about. Let them show their true colors.
They now have an 'offer' on the table. It's not theirs, it's a year old, it only increases revenue by closing special-interest loopholes and deductions, and it's nonspecific about exactly what they want to cut.

The same old. A year anyway.
dem

United States

#815855 Dec 3, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>Retard Fred and DBWriter have not been seen since election day!!

Nobraina is back as John Galt, Floriduh is back as Carter. I think Gunner bcame back as 'orangelion' for awhile, but he fled just as quickly when his alias was busted.
The midget was here one morning.
He was claiming the election was a conspiracy. Blah blah blah.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815856 Dec 3, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>According to Bruce Bartlett(Former Reagan Advisor) something like a $20 trillion increase in the national debt under Bush's watch.
http://www.deepjournal.com/p/7/a/en/590.html
Impostor: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy
by Bruce Bartlett
http://www.conservativebookservice.com/produc...
got Bruce banned from FOX.

Good book.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#815857 Dec 3, 2012
dem wrote:
The thread is on life support.
Shall I unplug it?
It does seem to be in it's death throes, much like the Republicans chances at winning the presidency again in my lifetime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pennsylvania's transit ridership falls, bucking... 12 min Glad to be black 5
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 14 min Galileos revenge 309,749
Another charge for doctor who allegedly exposed... Sat silly rabbit 1
City Center rolls out free arena zone parking p... Fri silly rabbit 1
Jamie Silvonek's father speaks out about his wi... Fri silly rabbit 3
Judge, Allentown's arson dog, competing for nat... Apr 29 silly rabbit 2
Trial date set for Allentown Police chief's son Apr 28 silly rabbit 1
More from around the web

Catasauqua People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]