Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
752,501 - 752,520 of 1,101,119 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#814277 Nov 30, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that he just agreed with the Obama plan. A combination of spending cuts & revenue increases.
What spending cuts? List them.
carol

Orlando, FL

#814278 Nov 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, you're not going to justify 6 trillion(and still counting) in spending.
It was 6 trillion (and still counting) LESS in 2008.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#814279 Nov 30, 2012
krissy wrote:
<quoted text>
So did your wife get any other votes?
That was about the funniest thing I read here in a lot time.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#814280 Nov 30, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>Your last sentence perfectly illustrates the mindset of the RealDave types and the wrong direction society is headed.
Victor Davis Hanse describes the liberal mindset perfectly:
'Equality of result -
Keen minds from Aristotle to Montesquieu and Tocqueville have lamented that the proverbial people sometimes prefer equality under authoritarianism to inequality accompanied by personal freedom.
As long as there was grinding poverty, the liberal agenda of “leveling the playing field” made sense enough — Social Security, disability insurance, the 40-hour work week, and Medicare.
But once modern mass production and consumption arose, energized by globalization and the entry of billions of new foreign workers into the equation, and high technology extended the appurtenances of the aristocracy to the poor (today’s ubiquitous smart phone is 100 times more versatile than yesterday’s $3,000 primitive suitcase cell phone), how could you keep promoting government-sponsored equality for the less well-off?
Ensure no one has to drive a Kia? Petition on behalf of those who do not yet have an iPad?
Weighing over 250 pounds, not rickets, is a national plague. Riots target sneaker stores, not food bins. Sandra Fluke naturally become the epitome of frustrated liberal-mandated equality. We are to believe that an upscale white law student, who by choice enrolls at a Catholic university, is deprived because her university will not pay for her condoms or abortion pills. Her cell phone no doubt costs more than a year’s supply of prophylactics. The result is psychodrama, not class struggle, as liberals strain to find ways in which America is Les Misérables rather than the Kardashians, plagued by this obsession to step in and make everyone (except themselves) the same.
Voters -
Romney almost forfeited the election when a video was leaked about his honest, though inexact, admission that 47% of Americans would, by needs, be unsympathetic to any agenda that cut spending and taxes, given their dependence on government “stuff.”
Borrowing money to pay for more entitlements for the liberal mind is good politics, killing two birds with the proverbial one stone. The less well-off are indebted to those who gave them subsidized food, health care, shelter, even cell phones and will vote accordingly to ensure the liberal political class remains in power.
And as deficits grow, the calls for higher taxes on those who “didn’t build that business” and are “fat cats” and never knew when they should stop profiting only increase. Liberalism is about power and influence, impossible without millions of dependent constituents.'
http://pjmedia.com/victordavishanson/why-libe...
and the band plays on...

Loysville, PA

#814281 Nov 30, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You are the one playing the semantics game not me. Was my bank account larger? Yes Why was it larger? Because the government wasn't taking as much of MY MONEY.
So the government did it. Just like I aid.

Government actions gave you extra money.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#814282 Nov 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah but we all know how 8 years of Bush turned out. You said yourself you voted for Clinton twice, what makes you think Gore wouldn't have continued down the same path as Clinton? Just think Flack debt free by 2013.
Gore is an idiot. Clinton is not. That's enough for me.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#814283 Nov 30, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if you have $280K after taxes instead of $250K after taxes, did or dot not the change in tax code give you an extra $30K
You right whiners are dumber than sh*t.
The tax code did not give you an extra 30k stupid. That 30k was yours first. The government was taking it from you.
carol

Orlando, FL

#814284 Nov 30, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Why do you people insist others do things your way?
It's like the teleprompter comedy you people provided the first time. Things you don't know how to use you criticize and ridicule because you don't understand how it works.
Obama made the teleprompter a comedy - not us.

But if it's easier for you blame us...

Obama said he would sit down with Romney over the next coming weeks after the election - not us.

But if it's easier for you to blame us...

Loysville, PA

#814285 Nov 30, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I don't vote party. I vote for the person I think is going to screw me the least.
That s the difference between you & me.

I vote for the candidate that I believe will help my country the most.

You keep thinking of yourself.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#814286 Nov 30, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are all you loony left wingers pretending like 9/11 never happened?
I know right! the single largest attack on America since Pearl Harbor and they just want to sweep it under the rug for political purposes. It's disgusting.
krissy

Tacoma, WA

#814287 Nov 30, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
lol lol

:)

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#814288 Nov 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So bottom line you don't want to pay any taxes but you want a 6 trillion dollar war on terror. Yep, you are a Republican.
It's absolutely amazing. You can tell them a million times that Bush didn't put the war on the books and it's as if their hearing just shuts down
carol

Orlando, FL

#814289 Nov 30, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Pearl was in Pakistan investigating al Qaeda. Would he have been there had we not declared a "war" on terror?
Blame the victim. That's what you do.

9/11 was our fault too. Right?

Loysville, PA

#814290 Nov 30, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
What spending cuts? List them.
The plan is a 4 trillion debt reduction plan.

1.6 was through increased revenues.

Try to keep up.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#814291 Nov 30, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#814292 Nov 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Don't blame me, you voted for him twice. I voted for Gore and can only imagine where we'd be today, probably just about to pay off the national debt.
There would have been a few less sugar factories in the middle east after "masseuse gate"
carol

Orlando, FL

#814293 Nov 30, 2012
I like this part of what I said before.

Republicans can't be blamed if they tell Americans, "We went along with what the majority wanted...but maybe now you'll listen to us."
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#814295 Nov 30, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this funny or what, Homer?
http://entertainment.msn.com/videopreview/...
Haaa! Love it!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#814296 Nov 30, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Carol, always late for the party. We are discussing Bush and his failed presidency, Flack noted that compassionate conservative(Bush referred to himself as one)= progressive but freely admitted he voted for him twice. To which Tenzing duly noted that Flack has a history of voting for progressives.
Flack then went on to say that 9/11 and muslim terrorist attacks all over the world cost us 6 trillion dollars.
To which Tenzing Rebutted - "Where "all over the world" were they killing Americans?
Your other implication, that 9/11 cost $6 trillion is just absurd."
I believe that should bring you up to speed.
I and others were also discussing music, guitars, basses, sound rooms and the like.
Oh...well then, that just confirms what I said.

Compassionate conservatives care about people who are really in need.

Compassionate progressives are gullible and easy to manipulate.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#814297 Nov 30, 2012
The Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla.—

More than 500 foster children from around the state were adopted in November for National Adoption Month.

Parents who adopt foster kids receive a monthly adoption subsidy for the family, health benefits for the child, and free college tuition.

Roughly 750 foster children are still waiting for a family. The children most in need of homes are teens, sibling groups and children with special needs.

A newly redesigned website at www.adoptflorida.org highlights children and sibling groups in foster care each day of the month with photos and videos.

Last year, 3,250 children were adopted from Florida's foster care system.

Nice!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Labor Day weekend fun at the Allentown Fair 21 min silly rabbit 8
162nd Great Allentown Fair opens 28 min silly rabbit 21
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 33 min Frijoles 69,062
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 44 min STO 305,482
Crews manage house fire in Allentown 1 hr silly rabbit 1
Forty Fort Pa 1 hr silly rabbit 2
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 1 hr RICHARD NIXON 3,931
•••

Catasauqua News Video

•••
•••

Catasauqua Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Catasauqua People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••