Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
752,441 - 752,460 of 1,082,909 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush acted with the full support of the Republicans in Congress including Paul Ryan.
I guess you are telling us they were all "progressives"?
i'm just diggin the fact that they all voted for a progressive.

[is there a corner in this room somewhere?]

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
Sen. Kent Conrad, D-N.D. said rising health care costs in Medicare and Medicaid are helping to drive future spending making them an essential part of a long-term deficit-reduction package.
"If you're going to solve this problem, you're going to have to deal with where the spending is and the revenue can be raised."
http://news.msn.com/politics/senate-dems-divi...
Do I detect a hint of common sense among some democrats?
You do realize that he just agreed with the Obama plan. A combination of spending cuts & revenue increases.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Flack, you're gonna give yourself ulcers if you believe all the rightwing talking heads and Fox News.
Having faced reality my whole life without the blinders most people wear I can tell you I have no worries. The world is a vampire and nothing is fair. As soon as you libtards realize that we can move on to solving some problems. Until then we will go from one supposed crisis after another.

The one thing I know for sure is this. We are on a train, not a car, headed down an end-of-line track and not only are we not applying the brakes but we are pouring on the coal.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney should have turned down the invitation...quietly and privately.
Obama is just using Romney.
Romney is toast.

He made such an ass out of himself he might as well just stay at home.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
The cupboard will be bare when Obama's tax increases kick in:
Costco will spend $3 billion to pay a special dividend of $7 a share next month ahead of higher tax rates that may kick in come January.
The Issaquah-based company joins a growing number of U.S. companies, from Wynn Resorts to Tyson Foods, that are announcing special dividends at four times the pace of last year ahead of pending tax increases in 2013. The rate on dividends, which was reduced to 15 percent during the George W. Bush administration, is set to go up as President Obama and Congress work to draw more revenue from top earners.
Happens everytime there is a change n the tax code.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! That's because Romney would never reciprocate.
Why would Obama make a point of telling the American public he would be sitting down with Romney in the weeks ahead right after he won the election?

And then met with him the first time just three weeks after the election?

There's no other reason a newly elected president would be so open-armed to a former opponent or his press secretaray underscoring Obama's interest in what Romney had to say.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> How about profit margins? Up? Down?
a quick look says down.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying idiot, no one is handing tax money to the rich, you're a ridiculous, ignorant buffoon. What grade did you drop out of school?
So, if you have $280K after taxes instead of $250K after taxes, did or dot not the change in tax code give you an extra $30K

You right whiners are dumber than sh*t.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Allowing a business or person is not welfare. To imply that it is means you think the government owns everything. A very dangerous point of view.
That should have said 'Allowing a business or person to keep more of the money they earn is not welfare.' Have no idea why that didn't show up.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Sen.-elect Ted Cruz (R-TX) on Thursday said Mitt Romney's comments denigrating the "47 percent" contributed in large part to the GOP's failure to attract Hispanic voters.

"Do you want to know why Barack Obama won 71 percent of the Hispanic vote? "The tone on immigration contributed. But I think far more important was 47 percent," Cruz said to the American Principles Project, according to The Atlantic:

"I think Mitt Romney's a good man, a man of character, a man who ran a hard, disciplined campaign," he said. "But Republicans nationally, the story we conveyed, was 47 percent are stuck in a static world. We don't have to worry about them is what that clip famously said."

"I cannot think of an idea more antithetical to the American principles this country was founded on," Cruz added.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/t...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Very few people will admit to it these days.
i voted for Bush twice. He was just better than the other two losers. Not much but better.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>He was a compassionate conservative. The Republicans have now turned on him, well except for Carol, so now he is a progressive.
Republicans eat their young doncha know?
Compassionate conservative is just another way to say progressive.
ra_con_teur

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer could use a 100K sound room so I could crank up my Fender Strat(Made in the USA), without disturbing my neighbors. Maybe get back to writing songs, quit my day job, get back to being in a rock and roll band. Nah, f it.
Homer,

I play Fender Basses...when I have time...

I replaced the factory p/ups with BASSLINES...

my bass is hecho en mexico...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Conservatives vs. the GOP

Republicans in Congress are warned that they will lose their base if they vote for tax hikes.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/334470...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't ya just answer RealDave's question without a bunch of diversionary excuses? Bush was handed a budget surplus, the CBO at the time projected that the debt would be all but paid off by 2013 ... what happened and who did it?
The key word there is 'projected'. Uh, let me see! There was this little thing called 9/11 and Muslims killing Americans all over the world.

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
And in your world, the government should restrict American's right to depend on capital gains. It is not the governments money. You keep yourfucking hand out and rely on the government to take care of you. I will continue to rely on my brokers advice.
Peace
KMA
I know this will be a shocker for you but people depended on capital gains before the Bush tax cuts.

I know. I know. Call me crazy but really, they did. People even invested then. They had stocks & the economy flourished.

You are becoming comical.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has been pushing that for months & McConnell & crybaby Boehner (rhymes with toner) evidently were too stupid to know that & acted shocked.
Just how stupid are you people?
Clearly nowhere near as stupid as you.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Compassionate conservative is just another way to say progressive.
So you have a history of voting for progressive candidates ... duly noted.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> The key word there is 'projected'. Uh, let me see! There was this little thing called 9/11 and Muslims killing Americans all over the world.
Where "all over the world" were they killing Americans?

Your other implication, that 9/11 cost $6 trillion is just absurd.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush acted with the full support of the Republicans in Congress including Paul Ryan.
I guess you are telling us they were all "progressives"?
Did they cut the government back to the constitution? Did they try to get the federal government out of our lives? No. Then they are progressives. It's really not that hard to understand once you clear the brainwashing from your mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Catasauqua Discussions

Search the Catasauqua Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 50 min SevenTee 305,174
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr SamBee 68,428
Cher Calvin (Nov '08) 7 hr Ron Wells 19
McMahon had strong ties to Philly, Allentown (Jun '09) 12 hr Holotta Wytrache 3
Allentown unveils new portable skate park today 20 hr silly rabbit 5
Allentown releases draft of plan for community ... 21 hr silly rabbit 75
Summer Academy at Penn State Helps Prepare Blin... Mon Hopi 1
•••
•••