Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
749,441 - 749,460 of 1,099,859 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#810556 Nov 24, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>Most low level Walmart workers are convicted felons or people who got kicked out of the military and probably couldn't get a job at a car wash. They should just shut up, go to work and be glad that they even have a job. The Walton family is doing them a favor by giving them a chance.
And again, you know this how? You don't know sh*t about anything. Most Wal-Mart worker are hard working Americans who are just doing their best to put food on the table and keep a roof over their families heads. Wal-Mart is the worst thing that can happen to any community driving locally owed concerns out of business and depressing wages in those that remain.
www.ilsr.org/key-studies-walmart-and-bigbox-r...
You're an idiot!
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#810557 Nov 24, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>There are nearly 9,000 too many WalMarts.
WalMart sucks more government tit per store, than the entire state of New Jersey per Snook-alike.
Ever since Sam's kids took over, the chain's been a repository for poisonous Chinese offal,and minimum-wage part-time jobs WalMart today is a complete parody of what Sam Walton built.
You know it as well as I do.
I'm not concerned at all about their employees. Nobody's forcing them to work there. Nearly everything everywhere is either made or partially made in China. Even American icon Harley-Davidson now uses parts made in China and nearly all of their accessories, clothing, leather jackets, etc. are made there. Same with Sears' line of Craftsman hand tools, once considered to be some of the best.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#810558 Nov 24, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
And again, you know this how? You don't know sh*t about anything. Most Wal-Mart worker are hard working Americans who are just doing their best to put food on the table and keep a roof over their families heads. Wal-Mart is the worst thing that can happen to any community driving locally owed concerns out of business and depressing wages in those that remain.
www.ilsr.org/key-studies-walmart-and-bigbox-r...
You're an idiot!
There are seven Walmarts within 30 miles of me. I know many people who work there and I can tell you, Walmart will hire just about anybody that can draw breath. The group of protesting Walmart employees I'm watching on TV right back up that fact. Walmart always improves the economy of every area where they build one. Obama's economic policies have cause many more local businesses to close than Walmart.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#810559 Nov 24, 2012
stop aid 2 israel USA 1st wrote:
<quoted text>No secret Reagan introduced crack cocaine and HIV in predominantly Negro neighborhoods . Reagan created generations of minimum wage ,part time workers
The surge in crack cocaine, HIV and the flood of minimum wage part time workers falls squarely on the shoulders of the uneducated, inner city, hip-hop gang culture. Don't blame Reagan if ghetto-rats accuse anybody who tries to improve themselves of "jus' tryin' to be white".

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#810560 Nov 24, 2012
Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly??????? What is wrong with you?
The argument that she has the right to choose what happens to her own body is markedly flawed. The same ones who want to give a woman the right for an abortion would condemn women for smoking and fight what was her 'choice', clearly affecting her own body. In abortion, the baby is clearly separate in content and being than the mother. It is only riding with the mother for a few months. As Christians, we should protect the helpless, including the unborn individual as it grows. Why doesn't anyone expose that the reason for an abortion is simply selfishness? The mother's 'choice' is simply what inconvenience she wants to escape.
I believe the reason people call for abortion to be legal is, simply put, selfishness. The abortion occurs as the mother (maybe under other's pressure) does not want the baby. Others do not want to feel the guilt of not picking up the pieces to help an unwanted baby. They selfishly want to spend their money on themselves and their wants rather than to sacrifice some for unwanted or unsupported babies. The mother puts her own wants above the baby's needs.
Currently in medicine, we have advanced our technology and understanding to be able to care for and nourish very early premature infants, even into the second trimester. People easily agree they have rights but across town another, same gestational age infant is snatched from the mother's body in a horrific manner. Where should we draw the line? The only answer that can be medically supported is before conception.
It isn't just another 'procedure' in medicine. Having helped and performed many 'procedures', there is virtually nothing as disgusting as the suction causing ripping and destruction of formed placental and fetal tissue that occurs with an abortion, not to mention the pain imposed on the fetus being torn apart. This is not meant to be sensational, although it is. This is to make the point that medical 'procedures' are to fix a problem and nearly all are neat and clean with this exception. When physicians remove a uterus, for example, they do their best to remove it intact. Not so with an abortion. The goal is simple evacuation. Doctors are sworn to stand up for life and to minimize suffering for all patients. Those who perform abortions have violated the Hippocratic oath. They forget that the fetus is a patient too.
http://dutyisours.com/abortion.htm
Weak analogy. Smoking is not outlawed and there's move afoot that I know of to ban smoking. There are moves afoot in Republican controlled stated to ban abortion, in some cases even birth control.
There are RESTRICTIONS on smoking in public places where others are forced to inhale the fumes emitted by the smoker. Which is reasonable since smoking bad effects on health are known to affect others.
Abortion, whatever its effects for good or ill on she who has the abortion, does not directly impact the health or physical conditions of others.
If you sit next to me in a cafe or classroom and smoke, I and others are affected by your fumes. It's not simply a matter of what you foolishly choose to do with your own body.
If you opt have an abortion that doesn't affect the physical well being of your classmate or someone sitting next to you. Your classmate or neighbor doesn't also end up with an abortion simply because she was near you. Hence, what you do with your own body in that area---regardless of whether others approve or disapprove--is your concern. Not theirs
Bush Our Worst President

El Monte, CA

#810561 Nov 24, 2012
Impeach Obama wrote:
<quoted text>The surge in crack cocaine, HIV and the flood of minimum wage part time workers falls squarely on the shoulders of the uneducated, inner city, hip-hop gang culture. Don't blame Reagan if ghetto-rats accuse anybody who tries to improve themselves of "jus' tryin' to be white".
Reagan is nothing but powder in a shithole now.
RUSH10ME

Keysville, VA

#810562 Nov 24, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>I heard you could suck a golf ball through a garden hose, your mouth would be more suited.
And you can suck a full set of bed sheets up a hobo's ass for a quarter , punk.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#810565 Nov 24, 2012
McWalmars r killing USA wrote:
<quoted text>tax the super-rich who robbing American people blind .
Average Walmart CEO makes few billions a year whereas average Walmart employee make 14K a year .
Where do you get these numbers? The Walmart CEO makes about $18m. And so what if he does? If he worked for free it wouldn't benefit the employees any. If he forfeited his entire salary and distributed it evenly to every Walmart employee, each one would receive about $8. Then Obama and other government entities would take about $1.50 of that in payroll and other taxes.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#810566 Nov 24, 2012
Bush Our Worst President wrote:
<quoted text> Reagan is nothing but powder in a shithole now.
As are record numbers of teenage gang-bangers.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#810567 Nov 24, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>And you can suck a full set of bed sheets up a hobo's ass for a quarter , punk.
I'm a punk maker you could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#810568 Nov 24, 2012
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
If you opt have an abortion that doesn't affect the physical well being of your classmate or someone sitting next to you. Your classmate or neighbor doesn't also end up with an abortion simply because she was near you. Hence, what you do with your own body in that area---regardless of whether others approve or disapprove--is your concern. Not theirs
It affects the physical well being of the unborn baby. What if the murdered baby would have been the one to some day discover a cure for cancer? The mother's choice to have an abortion would have a negative affect on many people. The murder of America's babies is everybody's concern.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

#810569 Nov 24, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a punk maker you could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.
My wife can suck-start a Buick.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#810570 Nov 24, 2012
The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today accepted the apology of News Corp.'s Rupert Murdoch for his Twitter message asking why the "Jewish-owned press" is "so consistently anti-Israel in every crisis."

In a phone call and a follow-up letter of apology to ADL, Mr. Murdoch called his tweet about the news media "awkward and inappropriate." He wrote, "I feel very strongly about the righteousness of Israeli's cause, particularly when its citizens are under missile attack. So I do get very upset when I see coverage that I feel is unfair and biased towards Israel. But I should have stuck to the substance of the issue and not bring in irrelevant and incorrect ethnic matters."

Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director, issued the following statement:

After speaking with Mr. Murdoch, it is clear that he deeply regretted posting his remark on Twitter and understands how his reference to "Jewish owned media" could play into the age-old anti-Semitic conspiracy theory about "Jewish control" of the news media.

We appreciate his effort to apologize, and to make clear that his remarks were an attempt to defend Israel made at a time when the Jewish state is under direct assault, and were not intended to hurt or to offend.

http://www.adl.org/PresRele/IslME_62/6432_62....
RUSH10ME

Keysville, VA

#810572 Nov 24, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a punk maker you could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.
I probaly know the area where you are better than you , wanna meet ?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#810574 Nov 24, 2012
Why Democrats Should Give Thanks For Mitt Romney

...As Ramesh Ponnuru recently reminded us, for decades the Democrats' were voters' preference when asked "which party is on my side?" However, they began to put this at risk over the past twenty years, as party grandees such as Bill Clinton, Robert Rubin and Chuck Schumer built strong ties to Wall Street. This alliance brought the party heaps of campaign cash and, in some circles, credibility on economic policy, but it exposed the party to a populist critique that it was no longer looking out for the little guy.

Obama and the Democrats would have been in big trouble if this muddle had lasted into the 2012 election year. Yes, they would've done their best to talk about the need for raising taxes on the rich, but Republicans could have countered, as they did in 2010, with talk of bailed-out bankers and "crony capitalists" like the Solyndra investors. Once again, voters may not have been sure just who was who's side—at best, they'd throw up their hands and figure that both parties were for the big guy.

But that didn't happen. Why? Because the Republicans nominated Willard Mitt Romney. In an era of resentment toward unaccountable financial elites, they put forward the ultimate financial elite, a man who sliced and diced companies, sheltered his income offshore, and, above all, was eye-poppingly incapable of discussing his wealth and the economic anxieties of those less fortunate in ways that might put voters at ease. The muddle that had clouded the political debate since Obama's inauguration parted. On Election Day, when exit pollsters asked voters whom they thought the candidates favored, a plurality, 44 percent, thought Obama favored the middle class, while 53 percent thought Romney favored the rich. Meanwhile, one in five voters thought that a candidate's "caring about people like me" was the most important quality, and 81 percent of them voted for Obama. The benefits for Democrats carry forward post-election: as we head toward the so-called fiscal cliff, there is little doubt who's for raising taxes on the wealthiest—a proposition supported by some 60 percent of voters—and who is not.

So Democrats, as you raise your glass on Thursday evening, say or think a thanks for Mitt Romney, who, like the Wampanoag Indians bringing their five deer to the feast, brought a great gift to America: clarity.

http://www.tnr.com/blog/110375/why-democrats-... #
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#810575 Nov 24, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>I probaly know the area where you are better than you , wanna meet ?
Conservatives are too cowardly to fight and too fat to run.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#810576 Nov 24, 2012
Coming into the recent election, state-level polling clearly pointed to an Obama victory — yet more or less the whole Republican Party refused to acknowledge this reality. Instead, pundits and politicians alike fiercely denied the numbers and personally attacked anyone pointing out the obvious; the demonizing of The Times’s Nate Silver, in particular, was remarkable to behold.

What accounts for this pattern of denial? Earlier this year, the science writer Chris Mooney published “The Republican Brain,” which was not, as you might think, a partisan screed. It was, instead, a survey of the now-extensive research linking political views to personality types. As Mr. Mooney showed, modern American conservatism is highly correlated with authoritarian inclinations — and authoritarians are strongly inclined to reject any evidence contradicting their prior beliefs. Today’s Republicans cocoon themselves in an alternate reality defined by Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and The Wall Street Journal’s editorial page, and only on rare occasions — like on election night — encounter any hint that what they believe might not be true.

.....And then there’s the matter of using evidence to shape economic policy. You may have read about the recent study from the Congressional Research Service finding no empirical support for the dogma that cutting taxes on the wealthy leads to higher economic growth. How did Republicans respond? By suppressing the report. On economics, as in hard science, modern conservatives don’t want to hear anything challenging their preconceptions — and they don’t want anyone else to hear about it, either.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/23/opinion/kru... ;
RUSH10ME

Keysville, VA

#810577 Nov 24, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Conservatives are too cowardly to fight and too fat to run.
I will take that as a no , "cowardly" Brown eye.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#810578 Nov 24, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>I will take that as a no , "cowardly" Brown eye.
You would rather go bear hunting with a switch than mess with me.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#810579 Nov 24, 2012
Will Fox Acknowledge Its Soros/Wal-Mart Coverage Is Totally Wrong?

Fox's coverage echoed a Daily Caller article published Tuesday. The Daily Caller has since updated its reporting, removing all references to Soros in its article and appending a correction saying that he "does not appear connected" to the protests.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11/21/will-...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 10 min JOEL 68,955
162nd Great Allentown Fair opens 16 min silly rabbit 11
Drunken man sucker punches Allentown cop during... 9 hr atown cops lie 5
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr Big Sky 305,444
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 14 hr bacon hater 51,299
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 17 hr Knows he lost 3,921
morning call online looks worse Wed Joe 2
•••

Catasauqua News Video

•••
Catasauqua Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Catasauqua Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••