Since: Sep 10

Whitehall, PA

#1 Sep 9, 2010
Anyone else sick of hearing the Catty Fire Dept. siren? While it's good to have a way to alert the community in a genuine emergency, why blow the siren for 5 mins. straight every time they get a call?

The vast majority of fire departments nationwide have abandoned using the house siren years ago in favor of pagers and automatic cellphone dialers. The trucks have sirens to alert cars approaching the station house. None of the sophistry they employ to rationalize it stands up to logic.

If they must blow it, don't you think 3 cycles would be enough instead of 7 cycles. I think the dead in the grave yard have heard it by the end of the first cycle. If they can do without it at night, they can do without it in the daytime too.

If you live anywhere near 2nd St. and you're out of doors when it goes off it's a threat to your hearing. A virtual health hazard.

And what does it do to property values? Imagine you're trying to sell your home and a buyer happens by and that siren goes off...forget that sale.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Purse Snatching Reported In Allentown 8 min Responsible paren... 2
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr disastermaster 1,277,682
Review: Liquid Layers Hair Salon 7 hr 34singlemom 1
Sacred Heart houses inner-city KidsPeace clinic 11 hr Michelle Hupfeld 3
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 hr cpeter1313 310,234
News themorningcall.com VIDEO Allentown girl fatally... (Sep '08) Tue Jasmine bitch 4
News Allentown's charter school dealings part of aud... Tue silly rabbit 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages