Catasauqua church members pray for en...

Catasauqua church members pray for end to schism

There are 120 comments on the The Morning Call story from Apr 18, 2009, titled Catasauqua church members pray for end to schism. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The Rev. Edgar Roosa, a retired minister from Upper Saucon Township, will conduct his first service Sunday as interim pastor at Salem United Church of Christ in Catasauqua .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Darcy Supporter

Sellersville, PA

#1 Apr 18, 2009
Here we go again Bev, trying anything to drag this out through the public and make Rev Darcy look bad. Will you give up this worthless fight already, you are only making yourself more the fool.
Pedal

Allentown, PA

#2 Apr 18, 2009
Darcy Supporter wrote:
Here we go again Bev, trying anything to drag this out through the public and make Rev Darcy look bad. Will you give up this worthless fight already, you are only making yourself more the fool.
It is sad this whole church looks bad. The UCC has taken action to remove Ms. Darcy and the all members of this church would be wise to follow this action. The UCC if anything is very slow in movement and very lax in standards. If the even UCC has moved against Ms. Darcy it say a great deal.
Yes! Enough with the public discourse but it is past time for the local church to move on. And it is time for Ms. Darcy to stop hurting a local body and to express her love by moving on. Perhaps everyone should remember what your church is supposed to be about and get about it.(HINT! the church is not about the people)
Norbert

Bethlehem, PA

#3 Apr 18, 2009
Congregational churches always attract nuts, like the murderer in Bucks County. A wonderland for weirdos.
wolves in sheeps clothing

Northampton, PA

#4 Apr 18, 2009
Darcy Supporter wrote:
so 0ver 270 have left the church due to Darcy, and she has does not have the credentials to hold services in the church, sounds real simple....
Darcy must go and give up her huge salary... how many of her loyal supporters will have to give up kick backs to support her as well.....
For a "leader" of the church to act this way, makes you wonder who is following! Looks like the church governing body was right, but a few followers that are left are holding on.... So, she could create her own church and profit from her loyal folowers....
John Boy

Northampton, PA

#5 Apr 18, 2009
Churches are owned and run by the people. The minister in this case is a hired employee to doe a job. Time to send her packing.
Over the Mountain

Newton, NJ

#6 Apr 18, 2009
Darcy Supporter wrote:
I don't think anyone is looking more like a fool, than the Rev. Darcy herself.
Why doesn't she just move on?
She, and her supporters, can all have church at your house, right?
wow

Nazareth, PA

#7 Apr 18, 2009
That lady is a psycho idiot! i dont care what someone confesses that you keep inconfidence,but if someone says they have been molesting their young daughter for a few months....you tell someone you-----! She should be locked up somewhere or stoned!
SnoopDog

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Apr 18, 2009
Who wants to spend anytime in Catasauqua ?.
Afaf rocks

Allentown, PA

#10 Apr 18, 2009
Rev. Darcy has been there for my entire family through thick and think. She was at dying family members bed sides. She would be at the door when someone had a problem. She gave rides to church and always had a kind word. She spoke from the heart, and with enthusiasm. Her services were not boring and drawn out. I may not have attended church offen... not many people do in this day and age... but when i could, i looked forward to hearing Afaf speak.
God Bless Rev. Dary, and good luck with whatever you do.
reason

Bethlehem, PA

#11 Apr 18, 2009
here's an idea, don't go to church in the first place. Get lives, not excuses.
Ben Dover

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Apr 18, 2009
Another Atiyeh....that says it all right there. Don't even need to read the story to know there's something rotten!!!
parent

Bethlehem, PA

#13 Apr 18, 2009
..sure sounds like this is a post-christian church; maybe that's at the root of the problem, ya think?
D of T in C

United States

#14 Apr 18, 2009
Ben Dover wrote:
Another Atiyeh....that says it all right there. Don't even need to read the story to know there's something rotten!!!
AMEN BROTHER!
Huh

Allentown, PA

#15 Apr 18, 2009
Welll... was confused until I say the Atiyeh name. That family does what they want regardless, anyway. Confused no more.
BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN

Telford, PA

#16 Apr 18, 2009
There is quite a difference between being religious and being a born again christian.When you are a christian you are having a relationship with JESUS CHRIST as your LORD,SAVIOR,FREIND and BROTHER.You live GODS WILL for your life.When you are religious you don,t know JESUS CHRIST at all and you are just thanking ,praying and helping those in need in hopeing this will get you into heaven.JESUS had said[I AM THE WAY AND THE THRUTH AND THE LIFE AND NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME] Mary is not the way through JESUS.We hail GOD not mary.GOD created mary...mary did not create GOD.
Former

Quakertown, PA

#17 Apr 18, 2009
Ben Dover wrote:
You got that right! Went to school with them and they were bad news then!!!

“there is more to life...”

Since: May 07

Allentown, Pa.

#18 Apr 18, 2009
BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN wrote:
There is quite a difference between being religious and being a born again christian.When you are a christian you are having a relationship with JESUS CHRIST as your LORD,SAVIOR,FREIND and BROTHER.You live GODS WILL for your life.When you are religious you don,t know JESUS CHRIST at all and you are just thanking ,praying and helping those in need in hopeing this will get you into heaven.JESUS had said[I AM THE WAY AND THE THRUTH AND THE LIFE AND NO ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME] Mary is not the way through JESUS.We hail GOD not mary.GOD created mary...mary did not create GOD.
Amen to that... i suggest getting into a bible based church, where these problems do not arise... i freely and openly inviting all to my church in easton,pa... on burke st and cattell... christ community church...(formerly new life) we believe the bible and all that it stands for... each service is spirit led and holy ghost filled... its amazing, with the freedom of being able to worship jesus... not follow a bunch of indoctrinated priests for hire... leading all astray...
Riverratbond

Bethlehem, PA

#19 Apr 18, 2009
The Bible teaches that woman should not be preachers or a head
of a church. maybe this is the true root of the problem. I know people like to adapt a modern trend but, for example, if your playing in the NFL, you don't play by the MLB rules, the Bible is very clear, maybe they should be playing by Gods rules, not mans(or womans). Read the Word people, its the only way out.
Riverratbond

Bethlehem, PA

#20 Apr 18, 2009
heavenbound wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that... i suggest getting into a bible based church, where these problems do not arise... i freely and openly inviting all to my church in easton,pa... on burke st and cattell... christ community church...(formerly new life) we believe the bible and all that it stands for... each service is spirit led and holy ghost filled... its amazing, with the freedom of being able to worship jesus... not follow a bunch of indoctrinated priests for hire... leading all astray...
Well written, & well said, except that you should always capitalize Our Lord, Jesus Christs' name. God Bless this great Nation, and please save us from our Muslim leader.

Since: Oct 07

Bethlehem, PA

#21 Apr 18, 2009
I have known of this woman for many years. Talk about someone who is self centered and can do no wrong! She is quick to judge (something the bible states is a no no), quick to point the finger of wrong at others, and quick to run to the courts. Being a minister in any denomination means to do the will of God and His church, NOT to do what you darn well please. It's time for her to go. That poor church wont survive if she remains. Plain and simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr An NFL Fan 1,394,703
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr cpeter1313 311,324
News 'They were trying to help': Armed anti-heroin c... Fri silly rabbit 2
News Vigil set in Allentown after Orlando club shooting Jun 22 Christsharians on... 14
Review: Majestic Interiors Inc (Feb '09) Jun 22 Chuck 35
silly rabbit is unemployed and uneducated (Apr '14) Jun 21 silly rabbit 55
News Sam Bennett announcing run for Allentown mayor Jun 21 INQUISITOR 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages