Coplay, fire company to discuss firehouse use tonight

Coplay Coplay Borough Council members and the borough fire company plan to meet today to negotiate the use of the company's building as a garage for borough-owned firetrucks. Full Story
Coplay

Harleyville, SC

#1 Jan 22, 2009
I cant see building an entire new building. If the company will do it for $750 that's fair. Also what is the status of the tax increase that was going to pay for the new building? Will this money be used to update or replace the pumpers that the FD is using now?
The Truth Hurts

Lehighton, PA

#2 Jan 22, 2009
The days of every small town having a fire co. are over... operating costs, and apparatus purchases are way to expensive.

Why delay the inevitable... just appoint Whitehall Twsp. Fire Dept. as the primary Fire/Rescue provider and get it over with.
mandy

Allentown, PA

#3 Jan 22, 2009
The Truth Hurts wrote:
The days of every small town having a fire co. are over... operating costs, and apparatus purchases are way to expensive.
Why delay the inevitable... just appoint Whitehall Twsp. Fire Dept. as the primary Fire/Rescue provider and get it over with.
The Whitehall Twsp. Fire Dept.was approached three times by Coplay Boro Council Prez(at that time), and council was turned down.
County Commissioner

Allentown, PA

#4 Jan 23, 2009
The Truth Hurts wrote:
Amen ..........
Stupid Dave

Hellertown, PA

#5 Jan 23, 2009
mandy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Whitehall Twsp. Fire Dept.was approached three times by Coplay Boro Council Prez(at that time), and council was turned down.
Is it allowed for one municipality to use its voluntary fire dept to make a profit from another?
truth

United States

#6 Jan 29, 2009
Either way, thank god bev miller is out. Kudos to the council people who had the guts demote her.
resident

Whitehall, PA

#7 Feb 3, 2009
truth wrote:
Either way, thank god bev miller is out. Kudos to the council people who had the guts demote her.
Miller has been a pain in the ass for years. how you can elect anyone for her position when I dont believe she never held a paying job with benefits in her life.Its all who you know and who you can BS. As for Whitehall taking over, it might work if residents of Coplay want to lose a little piece of their idenity.
Catty Taxpayer

AOL

#8 Feb 6, 2009
Come to a Catty meeting...they wat to take property by "eminent domain" to BUILD a firehouse. Catty council is out of control and I just thank God elections are coming around. Watch out Vince, Jess, Brian, and possibly Tammy...It's time to elect people that are going to make the people of Catty happy, not make the people that drive through Catty happy....get focused or we'll vote you out!
ProChief

United States

#9 May 20, 2009
Coplay Fire Department is under-staffed and under-equipped (read:unsafe). Whitehall Fire Department has the vollies and the equipment. Hockendaqua Fire can a truck to anywhere in Coplay before the first Coplay vollie gets to their station.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min new yawk 1,155,535
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 71,188
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr cpeter1313 307,057
Two shot in Hazleton 18 hr Xmas eve 50
Family still waiting for justice a year after m... Tue silly rabbit 1
Oven gas line was source of Allentown fire Tue silly rabbit 2
Allentown mom arrested for beating five-year-ol... Tue silly rabbit 1

Catasauqua News Video

Catasauqua Dating
Find my Match