Afaf Atiyeh Darcy charged with assault at Catasauqua church

The former reverend of Salem United Church of Christ of Catasauqua was arraigned Thursday on charges of simple assault and harassment after police said she forced her way into the church and shoved both a police officer and church member. Full Story
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Salem Member

Allentown, PA

#1 Jun 5, 2009
Some of her followers just don't get it. Here she is denying she broke in and and pushed a police officer and a member of the church. She could 't get hired as a chaplin in a prison, let along work again at Salem UCC.
Hope

Newton, NJ

#2 Jun 5, 2009
Well, it's about time that this woman got charged with something. She is a wolf in sheep's clothing, out to destroy everything in her path.
Praying for this congregation to get their church back.
Wondering out loud

United States

#3 Jun 5, 2009
Shame on ALL of you involved. Did you forget that your actions are speaking louder than your words? You are in a house of God, and yet you carry on as if it was your own. Shame! Stop this nonsense before you stumble any more people who want nothing more than to just go to church and worship the Creator.
Professor Chaos

Marcus Hook, PA

#4 Jun 5, 2009
Looks like Darcy prays to the fighting Jesus aka Thor.
Another Atiyeh

Bethlehem, PA

#5 Jun 5, 2009
Imagine that!
Kooper

Johnstown, PA

#6 Jun 5, 2009
Well, at least she is following in her brothers footsteps...
BUBBLE THE BUBBLE

Old Bridge, NJ

#7 Jun 5, 2009
JUST LOOK at THE NAME >>> ALWAYS ,THE NAME TELLS THE WHOLE STORY>>>
Keep the Change

Bethlehem, PA

#8 Jun 5, 2009
Just look at the last name... Family tradition, that is all I can say.
Geraldine

Pleasanton, CA

#9 Jun 5, 2009
the devil made her do it
former Salem member

Douglassville, PA

#10 Jun 5, 2009
You have no idea of what you are commenting on. It is their house of worship. I am praying that their "house" is restored back to its standing when Rev. H. Stanley Dunn was our minister. It is a shame that it took some members this long to realize the true "Rev" Darcy.God bless you all in your quest for a comforting place to worship.
Wondering out loud wrote:
Shame on ALL of you involved. Did you forget that your actions are speaking louder than your words? You are in a house of God, and yet you carry on as if it was your own. Shame! Stop this nonsense before you stumble any more people who want nothing more than to just go to church and worship the Creator.
unreal

Whitehall, PA

#12 Jun 5, 2009
Kooper wrote:
Well, at least she is following in her brothers footsteps...
Ha - my thoughts exactly. Like her brothers - she'll probably get off.
Got Jesus on my mind

Springtown, PA

#13 Jun 5, 2009
Rev Darcy is a cuke!
Harry da Hat

Reading, PA

#14 Jun 5, 2009
Give a woman alittle authority and a title (especially like "minister")and you have Shakespeare in motion.
They'll sing preaches and praises out of one side of their mouth and "gobble" de guck out of the otherside--but that's the part they forget and besides, Jesus will forgive them, ha! Hypocrites never having a meaningful relationship nor never finding one. B-b-b-but they are "married" to Jesus!
wow

Allentown, PA

#15 Jun 5, 2009
And this is why I don't go to church.
wow

Allentown, PA

#16 Jun 5, 2009
Wondering out loud wrote:
Nobody agrees with you, so go back to reading your bible.

“Matthew 5:10”

Since: Dec 08

Allentown

#17 Jun 5, 2009
former Salem member wrote:
You have no idea of what you are commenting on. It is their house of worship. I am praying that their "house" is restored back to its standing when Rev. H. Stanley Dunn was our minister. It is a shame that it took some members this long to realize the true "Rev" Darcy.God bless you all in your quest for a comforting place to worship.<quoted text>
Actually, it's God's house of worship. I think Rev. Darcy has forgotten that!
IT WILL NEVER END

Allentown, PA

#18 Jun 5, 2009
Sounds like a set up to me....they just so happen to be waiting in an empty church...they made calls to some of the people telling them they were not going to have services that day, they locked the church knowing she had a baptism, sounds like real nice people to me....yup real Christian like....their day will come.
Guero

Easton, PA

#19 Jun 5, 2009
darcy needs like a 25mg increase in her abilify.
News watcher

Alexandria, VA

#20 Jun 5, 2009
Jesus told His disciples that if they came to a place where they were not welcome, they should shake the dust off their feet, turn around and never go back. Where is GOD in all of this? Shame on those who crush the Holy Spirit. The Bible clearly tells their fate.

“Matthew 5:10”

Since: Dec 08

Allentown

#21 Jun 5, 2009
News watcher wrote:
Jesus told His disciples that if they came to a place where they were not welcome, they should shake the dust off their feet, turn around and never go back. Where is GOD in all of this? Shame on those who crush the Holy Spirit. The Bible clearly tells their fate.
Great point!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min Nuculur option 1,190,099
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 31 min Pearl Jam 308,914
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 38 min rabbee yehoshooah... 71,553
Lee Laubach Jr. sworn in as interim Allentown f... 22 hr silly rabbit 1
Man faces drug, child endangerment charges afte... 22 hr silly rabbit 1
Stroud Supervisor Jim Decker accused of theft f... 22 hr silly rabbit 3
Woman jailed 2 to 7 years for stealing $1.8M fr... Fri silly rabbit 1

Catasauqua News Video

Catasauqua Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Catasauqua People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]