Two admit stealing more than $16,000 ...

Two admit stealing more than $16,000 from Bethlehem ironworkers...

There are 10 comments on the The Morning Call story from Feb 27, 2009, titled Two admit stealing more than $16,000 from Bethlehem ironworkers.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The ex-officers of defunct chapter get probation. February 27, 2009 Two former officers of a defunct Bethlehem chapter of an ironworkers union who pleaded guilty to embezzling more than $16,000 in union funds ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Dr Feelgood

Coopersburg, PA

#1 Feb 27, 2009
Your union at work for you
Staberdearth

Allentown, PA

#2 Feb 27, 2009
LOL! Former officers of a union!...proves my point that there are many thugs in positions of so-called leadershipo at many unions. We had a thug boy two bit official in our local UMWA union who got caught stealing stuff from our plant. The evidence? It was all installed at his home!

Far too many union leaders channel their anger to this venue once they get out of the delinquent stage of their youth. I've seen it far too many times.
Staberdearth

Allentown, PA

#3 Feb 27, 2009
Dr Feelgood wrote:
Your union at work for you
Not necessarily the union per se, its thuggish leaders.
Joe Friday

Slatington, PA

#4 Feb 27, 2009
No different than our people in high government offices, thieves as well
5gramps45

Bushkill, PA

#5 Feb 27, 2009
scott,,,all the years your dad was president of the union at lehigh structural steel treated everybody, union & company as a fair man..i am sure he is not proud of you now...stealing from your brothers in the union.. you deserve jail time. the chance of you getting a job in the steel fab business...ZERO.. try the garbage business...
BeerMan

Effort, PA

#6 Feb 27, 2009
You sure got that right!!!
Esp. if they did not pay their IRS taxes.
Joe Friday wrote:
No different than our people in high government offices, thieves as well
a FORMER friend

Bethlehem, PA

#7 Feb 28, 2009
I can not believe what you did and then had the nerve to lie to your friends and family. And all you get is a slap on the hand. What is wrong with our judicial system? How can you sleep at night?
CSI 1

AOL

#8 Feb 28, 2009
Wow.
So you can steal all that money and get off with basically a slap on the wrist.... What was the name of the mouth-piece representing those two folks...
Kudos to the neutered ADA that ran this case..you probably graduated from the BASD with honors.
Staberdearth

Allentown, PA

#9 Feb 28, 2009
a FORMER friend wrote:
I can not believe what you did and then had the nerve to lie to your friends and family. And all you get is a slap on the hand. What is wrong with our judicial system? How can you sleep at night?
The BAR typically supports the left...
Scarletts Plantation

Palmerton, PA

#10 Feb 28, 2009
Staberdearth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily the union per se, its thuggish leaders.
House arrest, what a joke. Sure sends out a message that steal'ins A ok.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Grey Ghost 1,395,914
silly rabbit is unemployed and uneducated (Apr '14) 38 min Kanye Clinton 62
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 50 min cpeter1313 311,351
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) 2 hr silly rabbit 96
silly rabbit speaks irrational nonsense and gib... (May '14) 18 hr Kanye Clinton 71
News Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) 22 hr Swedenforever 6
News Police say masturbating man assaults woman Tue silly rabbit 1

Catasauqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages