Lehigh Valley restaurants report peop...

Lehigh Valley restaurants report people still want to celebrate...

There are 20 comments on the The Morning Call story from Dec 31, 2008, titled Lehigh Valley restaurants report people still want to celebrate.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Hotel Bethlehem's New Year's Eve bash has been sold out for almost a month. Bands have been in such demand this year that the Blue Monkey sports restaurant in North Catasauqua booked a disc jockey for its ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

Mabalsac Esharry

AOL

#1 Dec 31, 2008
Are there any more tickets left for Johnny Mananas?
downtown demise

AOL

#2 Dec 31, 2008
there is room for 2 at Johnnie's but you have to sit with the mayor and wife
Orly

Northampton, PA

#3 Dec 31, 2008
lulz...
Michael

Allentown, PA

#4 Dec 31, 2008
What recession?
Hmmmm

Allentown, PA

#5 Dec 31, 2008
downtown demise wrote:
there is room for 2 at Johnnie's but you have to sit with the mayor and wife
LOL...good one!
Newbomb Turk

United States

#6 Dec 31, 2008
I think that I'll have hedgehog for dinner tonight.
momof senior

Whitehall, PA

#7 Dec 31, 2008
staying in with dvd's and chinese food
sizzleteats

Fallston, MD

#8 Dec 31, 2008
WOWIE ZOWIE! I can't believe the Morning Call didn't mention Starters! They must be closed for d-bag renovation.
Spend now

Skippack, PA

#9 Dec 31, 2008
Pay later. What recession? is a good question. Everywhere i go there are still crowds, people buying.... I'm lucky to have a secure job but i don't have a flat screen TV, my car is 13 years old. Obviously the economy will turn around. But is that reason to keep acting irresponsibly now?#1 and #2 posts are good.
haha

New York, NY

#10 Dec 31, 2008
sizzleteats wrote:
WOWIE ZOWIE! I can't believe the Morning Call didn't mention Starters! They must be closed for d-bag renovation.
THIS is a fabulous post. Thank you for that. Starters is terrible.
Lord Downie

Orange Park, FL

#11 Dec 31, 2008
I'm cutting back. Only 3 hookers tonight, instead of the normal 4.
joneboomba

Roseland, NJ

#12 Dec 31, 2008
the apollo will always survive because they have outstanding service and food and run by a great couple. Happy New Year soldiers and God Bless America!
BID

Allentown, PA

#13 Dec 31, 2008
Lord Downie wrote:
I'm cutting back. Only 3 hookers tonight, instead of the normal 4.
Aren't they having a buy 2 get on free special in Allentown ?
Lord Downie

Orange Park, FL

#14 Dec 31, 2008
BID wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, yep! Thats why i'm only getting 3. Every year we take bets on which disease I get.
downtown demise

Bethlehem, PA

#15 Dec 31, 2008
how about the brew works? that is the Ed's (so called mayor) favoriite charity
Foxy Bella

Telford, PA

#16 Dec 31, 2008
The economy is bad, but a lot of people still have the means to enjoy themselves. The media overhypes things as always. Im laid off but Im not crying. This is the same for many others. We are not going to sit around and whine. Enjoy life. I'll be collecting my unemployment checks and eventually stepping on a plane going west. Im not coming back! Mark my words! Im gone by February!
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#17 Dec 31, 2008
Foxy Bella wrote:
The economy is bad, but a lot of people still have the means to enjoy themselves. The media overhypes things as always. Im laid off but Im not crying. This is the same for many others. We are not going to sit around and whine. Enjoy life. I'll be collecting my unemployment checks and eventually stepping on a plane going west. Im not coming back! Mark my words! Im gone by February!
Sorry that you've been laid off, but it sure sounds like you're already planning a new life for yourself. Hopefully 2009 will be a great year for you (and for all of us). Good luck!
Joe

United States

#18 Dec 31, 2008
I wasn't impressed with the food or service at Copperhead grille. An OK beer selection though.
momof senior

Whitehall, PA

#19 Dec 31, 2008
BID wrote:
<quoted text>
you can proabaly get 3 for the price of one if you have a dime bag they can all share later.

Happy New Year!

“Wandering and wondering”

Since: Apr 07

Not from around here

#20 Jan 1, 2009
downtown demise wrote:
how about the brew works? that is the Ed's (so called mayor) favoriite charity
After the Mayor granted the Brewworks owners a no-bid contract to manage the municipal golf course restaurant, the Call understands the need for them to keep a low profile for a while.

The Call respects little arrangements like that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min BlueFlag 1,680,557
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min June VanDerMark 325,952
Banana Joes Grand Opening!!! 3 hr Big Al 9
40 Below Regains Liquor License (May '15) 3 hr Big Al 43
Weapon x use to attend Hogwarts 3 hr weapon X 2
Massive Fart at Drinkys Clears Dance Floor 4 hr WNC 26
Wnc robbed my house 4 hr WNC 17

Catasauqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages