Catasauqua woman gets 10-20 years for...

Catasauqua woman gets 10-20 years for drowning fiance's son, 5

There are 44 comments on the The Morning Call story from May 29, 2009, titled Catasauqua woman gets 10-20 years for drowning fiance's son, 5. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The 5-year-old couldn't get enough of SpongeBob and loved to eat with his hands -- even when gobbling down soup.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sam

Emmaus, PA

#42 May 30, 2009
Even criminals in jail know that crimes against children are wrong.

I hope she has an accident in jail.
ACH FROM HELLERTOWN PA

AOL

#43 May 30, 2009
10 to 20 years for this, was the judge on drugs?She should be doing some hard time,she took a small boy away from his family forever, Lets hold her head under water until she is gone!!!! I just hope she rots in hell,or gets drowned in jail!!!!!
Law Dog

Easton, PA

#44 May 30, 2009
Professor Chaos wrote:
<quoted text>
So killing is only OK when you say so?
Not trying to be a deck here, but how can you make that statement and then imply that someone who is outraged over the murder of a child is being indecent in some way? Tell me, how many people have been released from prison due to recent advancements in DNA evidence retrieval? Our court system is far from infallible, if they can find someone guilty as a result of a mistrial it most certainly can swing the other way.
I enjoyed your slinky comment about the excellent prosecution show in the earlier comment. However, regardless of your opposition to my stance on the death penalty (which, by the way, is not a simple matter of "my" decision, but killing in war or in the protection of the mother is obvious and necessary - please don't be naive or absurd in your adjudication of my opinion.) my points are very accurate - see my other comment on the death penalty. My concern with comments in regards to this article is that public opinion should not be the basis for a sound judiciary. Leave that to the appeals.
Average Person

United States

#45 Jun 1, 2009
Consider what that a 5 year old was killed. Also, my other point was that we NEED to put more money and energy into child youth and services. You are comparing a bunch of Lacrosse players who where accused of raping a stripper to a 5 year old defenseless child being drowned in a bath tub.

Pro-Lifers do not recognize that some of these children are being brought into the world because they have non abortion shoved down their throat and then the child is born and left to suffer on welfare, being killed, raped, physically and emotionally beaten. I believe it is a woman's right to choose in the first trimester it is going to affect her whole life not yours.

Adoption process is ridiculous here in US.

Child Youth and Services is terribly underfunded and does not recieve enough support. This is an area that must change if we are going to improve the lives of children. Parent's rights my @#$ this is about children's rights and who is going to best care, teach, feed and raise this child.
Law Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a pro-life supporter, and am disgusted that she received a light sentence - but then again, it was the decision of the parents, the DA, and the judge - I wasn't in the courtroom and the news isn't a reliable source for complete truthful information. Also, I am a true pro life advocate, and I do not believe in the death penalty.
Why?
1. Due to court costs, appeals, media circus, and housing in death row, as well as the procedure itself, the death penalty is a far more expensive form of punishment. Your tax dollars can support a no-parole life sentence far cheaper than a death penalty case.
2. Other than war and self defense (or abortion in case of extreme danger to the mother or rape and incest), I do not believe that we have the right to take the life of others. Our government has a poor history of executions only to find out later that the individual was innocent, and that the prosecutor (remember the Duke LaCrosse team case?) had an axe to grind or a political motivation. Also, God gives vengeance. Perhaps you are an atheist? Then consider the misery of spending day after day in solitary confinement, knowing death was the only release. Far worse than just dying, isn't it?
Consider your comments fuller before choosing to reprimand pro life supporters. We are out here, but we have the decency to allow the justice system to do its job impartially.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Incognito4Ever 1,382,931
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr ThomasA 311,154
News A different type of winery coming to Allentown Tue silly rabbit 9
News Homicides down across Lehigh Valley in 2016 Tue silly rabbit 6
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) May 23 silly rabbit 74
News Lawmakers, health officials in Allentown to dis... May 21 silly rabbit 2
News Hogar Crea, regional drug rehab group, ripping ... (Apr '08) May 20 Mari 169
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages