Catasauqua woman gets 10-20 years for...

Catasauqua woman gets 10-20 years for drowning fiance's son, 5

There are 44 comments on the The Morning Call story from May 29, 2009, titled Catasauqua woman gets 10-20 years for drowning fiance's son, 5. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The 5-year-old couldn't get enough of SpongeBob and loved to eat with his hands -- even when gobbling down soup.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Why

Pen Argyl, PA

#1 May 29, 2009
Why allow this woman the opportunity after 20 years, she took the life of a 5 year old. Sorry , but she deserves a longer term of at least life in prison.
Danielle M

Fogelsville, PA

#2 May 29, 2009
This is ridiculous only 10-20 years, which means she could get out in 5! And the "sentence was to ensure she would be sent to prison"...As opposed to what getting community service? She intentionally killed a six year old child! DA Faulk would she get only 10-20 if it was your child?
The Truth

Glen Lyon, PA

#3 May 29, 2009
I can't believe she got off with 10-20 for drowning a young child. Falk should be ashamed if thats the best he can do...

“Normal is overrated !”

Since: May 09

Bethlehem,Pa

#4 May 29, 2009
Danielle M wrote:
This is ridiculous only 10-20 years, which means she could get out in 5! And the "sentence was to ensure she would be sent to prison"...As opposed to what getting community service? She intentionally killed a six year old child! DA Faulk would she get only 10-20 if it was your child?
YES , she should have gotten life.
But under Pennsylvania law, she MUST do 10 yrs of that 10-20yr sentence. No out in 5 , that simply is not true.
Most likely she will do 15 yrs. There is a chance she could get out at 10.
My guess is she will do closer to 15 yrs
1 for Justice

Allentown, PA

#5 May 29, 2009
I just don't understand how this woman could do such a thing. She deffinately should spend more years behind bars. This sentence is way too short.
Professor Chaos

United States

#6 May 29, 2009
Why not the death penalty here? This wasn't a blow to the head in anger or shaking, SHE HELD HIS HEAD UNDER WATER UNTIL THE BUBBLES STOPPED.

Do you people feel comfortable that she is going to be out and walking among us in a short 10 years?

This is horrid!
New Law

Roseland, NJ

#7 May 29, 2009
Can't we drown her now?
The White Princess

Palmerton, PA

#8 May 29, 2009
Cannot understand what these violent scumbags do to ruin everybody elses lives. *ucking savages and no justice for that child. This beast should not survive. Throw that inhuman in a boiling vat.

fatboy2

“rockin pandas”

Since: Mar 07

Whitehall

#9 May 29, 2009
I believe with a violent crime she must do 80% of the max or 16 years at least that is the way it is with men
Sports Group wrote:
<quoted text>
YES , she should have gotten life.
But under Pennsylvania law, she MUST do 10 yrs of that 10-20yr sentence. No out in 5 , that simply is not true.
Most likely she will do 15 yrs. There is a chance she could get out at 10.
My guess is she will do closer to 15 yrs
rob

San Francisco, CA

#10 May 29, 2009
if a male did this he'd get life. when will women start getting fair sentences handed to them in our society?
Average Person

United States

#11 May 29, 2009
Another sign of what is wrong with this country. For someone to get only 10-20 years for KILLING an innocent child is disgusting, repulsive. Where are the pro-lifers here? DEATH PENALTY is the only right thing for this woman, a slow painful death is to good for her.

Where is the money that Child and Youth Services needs to do their job? Everyone worries about the youth of america and the teachers. What about these poor social workers who get paid 14.75 an hour with an MBA and work 60 hours a week. These people deserve more and we need to hire more.

She should also have her tubes tied while in prison and not be EVER aloud around a child again. The DA should be ashamed of themselves. This is outrageous.

“What does your soul look like?”

Since: Apr 08

Bethlehem, PA

#12 May 29, 2009
New Law wrote:
Can't we drown her now?
Only by the Code of Hammurabi. Which in this woman's case would be fair...
cereal city

United States

#13 May 29, 2009
Wow, what a cruel woman. this is where an eye for an eye would come in handy, and I have to say, I would not be mad if someone took it upon themselves to pay it back to her. she deserves it.
Fix It

Allentown, PA

#14 May 29, 2009
Humans only live under the guise of civilty.

I made my husband promise that in the event something happened to me, he wouldn't marry until our children were out of the house.

I knew that if he did the next "wife" would be territorial and make the kids' lives miserable and possibly do away with them in some manner; drive them away...whatever.

Humans are only animals in human's clothing.
omg

Bethlehem, PA

#15 May 29, 2009
someone needs 2 do this 2 her!!!
omg

Bethlehem, PA

#16 May 29, 2009
the kid was 5yr olds! and shee needs more time!!
Danielle M wrote:
Winnie

Bethlehem, PA

#18 May 29, 2009
I think someone needs to hold her head until the water. That is an awful thing to do to a child, can't believe she didn't get life. What happened to the baby she was pregnant with at the time?
Hindsight

United States

#19 May 29, 2009
Professor Chaos wrote:
Why not the death penalty here? This wasn't a blow to the head in anger or shaking, SHE HELD HIS HEAD UNDER WATER UNTIL THE BUBBLES STOPPED.
Do you people feel comfortable that she is going to be out and walking among us in a short 10 years?
This is horrid!
I agree. Maybe not with the death penalty but with the horror of the act. This wasn't death in an instant but in minutes, with the kid struggling to survive. At any time during that time, she could have stopped, come to her senses.

This bargain was no bargain. You couldn't prove this case? I know of people in for life after the death of a kid under far less solid circumstances.

Bad bad move D.A.
Why

Allentown, PA

#20 May 29, 2009
10-20 years? What a joke! No wonder the policemen say courts are a joke.
working hard

Schnecksville, PA

#21 May 29, 2009
Someone may get her in prison. It is sad when we have to count on other criminals to get justice for us because our system failed. I hear that people in jail do not like it when your in there because of a child. Wait and see!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Pete 1,509,468
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 53 min Into The Night 8,074
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Laci Ann 7 313,670
News Riverfront project for city advances : The Morn... (Apr '07) 1 hr silly rabbit 11
News 10 arrested in relation to prescription fraud i... 2 hr silly rabbit 5
News Family: Garden Bros Circus comes to Allentown 5 hr silly rabbit 3
News 'Sip into Spring' with downtown Allentown cockt... 5 hr silly rabbit 1

Catasauqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages