Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
290,341 - 290,360 of 305,446 Comments Last updated 14 hrs ago
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310174 Sep 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"They could choose not to have a religion."
Doh! You mean they could enjoy freedom from religion rather than be subjected to one that did not represent them? So glad you learned the distinction, Ink.
Not in England, they couldn't. They were persecuted and killed if they didn't follow the state religionat the time. Of course it changed with every change of power. It must have been hard to keep up with.

Actually I can't find anywhere that it says they were against some form of religion. They just wanted to worship in their own way.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310175 Sep 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure don't recall anyone claiming otherwise. Definitely recall you claiming there was no freedom *from* religion, though.
Do you have anything to say about the quote I provided showing full well citizens of the USA have freedom of religion AND freedom from religion? Or are you still going to deny it?
What quote? If I didn't answer, then I didn't see it.
Ink

Warminster, PA

#310176 Sep 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Why?
Oh, because it without it being spelled out it must be personal?
<blink> <blink>
It appeared to be to both Rose and me. Maybe he didn't mean it the way it read. No harm done.

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

#310177 Sep 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said earlier, I believe you are mistaken. STO's question to you does not appear to me to be on a personal basis. It seems to me he's asking a believer what they think about it.
And as you've said, you do not believe someone would pray for a miscarriage to avoid an "inconvenient" pregnancy (your word, not mine).
I don't know anyone who thinks pregnancy is a mere "inconvenience". Why would you use such a dishonest word?
It's not dishonest at all. Using a word you may not like is not dishonest..
A pregnancy is either wanted or not .planned or unplanned ..some women bring the life in their wombs
To birth no matter

To some it's,inconvenient including myself.at 16
.And some women abort because it is not at a time they want to be pregnant ..thus,it's inconvenient ..for them to continue being pregnant ...

I used the word to distinguish between that and BITNERS example ..

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

#310178 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in England, they couldn't. They were persecuted and killed if they didn't follow the state religionat the time. Of course it changed with every change of power. It must have been hard to keep up with.
Actually I can't find anywhere that it says they were against some form of religion. They just wanted to worship in their own way.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
Katie

Kent, WA

#310179 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking about England. I was talking about the newly formed USA and the 1st Amendment of the Bill of Rights. It was in the quote I supplied to you. Where it mentions religious minorities and small states not wanting to be subjected to a national religion where they didn't feel they were represented. The quote reposted below for your benefit.
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, freedom *from* religion. "...but was also a consequence of the pragmatic concerns of minority religious groups and small states that did not want to be under the power or influence of a national religion that did not represent them.[12]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_...
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310180 Sep 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>One, the SCPL will ALWAYS answer 'not at all'. Two, the SCPL are not interested in 'life'...they are interested in 'being open to life'. Big difference. Three, the SCPL is operating from the assumption that 'God' would never say 'yes' to a prayer for miscarriage. Doesn't fit the script.
Thanks. Those are generally the responses I get, though none of them are actual answers.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310181 Sep 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not being rude.
You used my answer and implied that I WAS PRAYING for a miscarriage ..I was not .at that point in my life I did not know what a miscarriage or abortion was,..And I was not even sure I was pregnant ..
Now if I prayed to God to kill my baby ..That for me would be sinful ..so I'd know NOT to do it ..best answer I have. I cannot imagine a believer praying that her baby would die..
No
I did not imply anything about you. Simply asked a question you still haven't answered.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310182 Sep 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
First question
How long ago??
I think ending the life of one's offspring is wrong ..at any TIMe..thought I answered that .
If it's very late term ..I'd be thinking..why not finishing pregnancy ..there is not much left ..And you can feel your child moving ...p personally cannot imagine ..
This is a response. Not an answer. I already know you are PL.

The question is, if the abortion is going to happen, do you think sooner is better than later OR do you have no opinion on the matter -- IOW -- either/of, it doesn't matter because to you it's wrong.

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>Second question ..don't remember it ..But also ..what do you mean ..
If you mean getting pregnant and then having miscarriages??? I'm sure those unfortunate women do everything medically to retain the pregnancy
Such as shots ..bed rest ..if the baby died ?? No it's not a sin...IMO.
Sometime s out of all that a baby is born ..even when they stop trying to have one ..
Again, a response without answering the question asked.

The MD has told the woman she cannot carry to term. She knows any embryo/fetus she conceives will expire. Period. Do you think it's PRO-LIFE to continue creating zefs that will miscarry?
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>And third ..I thought I answered the question ...you seemed to be implying something I found offensive .
I just answered it further ..
I'm not required to answer in the exact words you look for ..nor to answer period
No you're not. So why not just say you won't answer? Every time I ask a question that challenges you, just say, "Hey, I can't answer questions that take me out of my comfort zone."

Let's try again:

Do you believe miscarriage is tantamount to abortion if a woman prays and prays for it and God says "Yes"?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310183 Sep 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Rose, I believe you're mistaken. STO asked you a question, but you took it personally and did not answer.
What do you think? If a woman prays for a miscarriage and it is granted, is it an abortion? That's what you were asked.
Thank YOU, Katie. Sheesh. Why do the AC folks take simple questions personally, all the time.
Katie

Kent, WA

#310184 Sep 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not dishonest at all. Using a word you may not like is not dishonest..
A pregnancy is either wanted or not .planned or unplanned ..some women bring the life in their wombs
To birth no matter
To some it's,inconvenient including myself.at 16
.And some women abort because it is not at a time they want to be pregnant ..thus,it's inconvenient ..for them to continue being pregnant ...
I used the word to distinguish between that and BITNERS example ..
The timing of the pregnancy may not be right, and maybe it's just me, but I've not thought pregnancy itself was inconvenient. It may be unwanted/unhealthy, but in terms of convenience, imo, it just is. And needs to be dealt with the sooner the better.

Thanks for explaining where you were coming from with your use of inconvenient, Rose. It's appreciated.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310185 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He was responding to a post where Rose said she had prayed that she WAS NOT pregnant.
His question was;
Do you believe miscarriage is tantamount to abortion if a woman prays and prays for it and God says "Yes"?
It infers that she prayed for a miscarriage, which she didn't. She has stated that she would never do that.
Yep, that was my question. I did not imply anything about Rose. "It" does not infer. You inferred. She inferred.

Care to answer the question?

Now, don't say the question is about you. Not everything is about you, ya know. Good Lord.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#310186 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It appeared to be to both Rose and me. Maybe he didn't mean it the way it read. No harm done.
Would you consider it an abortion, if a pregnant woman prayed and prayed not to be pregnant, and 'God' said "Yes"?

That was the question.

The STRAIGHT ANSWER would have been 'yes' or 'no'- Not "I or some other god-loving woman wouldn't do that."

(Just following your lead here.)

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#310187 Sep 4, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a response. Not an answer. I already know you are PL.
The question is, if the abortion is going to happen, do you think sooner is better than later OR do you have no opinion on the matter -- IOW -- either/of, it doesn't matter because to you it's wrong.
<quoted text>
Again, a response without answering the question asked.
The MD has told the woman she cannot carry to term. She knows any embryo/fetus she conceives will expire. Period. Do you think it's PRO-LIFE to continue creating zefs that will miscarry?
<quoted text>
No you're not. So why not just say you won't answer? Every time I ask a question that challenges you, just say, "Hey, I can't answer questions that take me out of my comfort zone."
Let's try again:
It's a straightforward question. Even Ink the Obtuse managed to finally answer it, amazingly. I think some people have trouble being objective. Our boy, G-town is an extreme example. If it isn't in his narrow scope of experience, he can't see it, period.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310188 Sep 4, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I had given a long answer to a question asked of ME about prayer ..in my answer I said I prayed to not be pregnant ..then the question about praying to have a miscarriage .
Sorry that is personal. And people kept arguing it ..
I don't blow over anything ..I read a question and sometime s do nit answer in the exact words you want ..hoping to catch me into saying things
I did not mean or say or even think of ..
Catch you into saying things? Ya don't say...

No. Not trying to "catch you" or trick you.

For most people there are many layers to this subject, and I am curious to know how you think. The questions I ask are geared to make you think about your own position. Perhaps things aren't as black and white as most PL/AC folks have come to believe they are.

Funny, in a prior post you assumed I was not a Christian. Wonder what gave you that idea. You never asked. Ain't that sumthin.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310189 Sep 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>There you go with that bleeding arrogance again...the freedom to worship as one pleases, includes the freedom not to worship at all.
Sorry about your bigotry, self-righteousness, narrow world view, and deliberate obtuseness.
OH yes, it is deliberate with that one.

We had a disagreement on a Bible interpretation, so I went to the trouble of breaking it down with translations, etc. She still has not acknowledged the English to Hebrew translation that I linked for her over a half dozen times.

"But if I say I can't see it (even though I did!), it's not there!!" lol

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#310190 Sep 4, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's a straightforward question. Even Ink the Obtuse managed to finally answer it, amazingly. I think some people have trouble being objective. Our boy, G-town is an extreme example. If it isn't in his narrow scope of experience, he can't see it, period.
Ink the Obtuse didn't answer it either - she said "No God-loving woman would pray for a miscarriage," completely sidestepping the question with a denial that the circumstances even exist.

I'll answer it though: Yes. The intent is the same: No baby.
The means of arriving at the 'no baby' condition, are irrelevant.

JMO
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310191 Sep 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad he didn't say "NOT YOU"
Good Lord, deliver us from whackos like Ink who think demanding one prove a negative is legitimate debate. AMEN

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

#310192 Sep 4, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not imply anything about you. Simply asked a question you still haven't answered.
Yes,I did ..twice ..And same to Katie ..
STO

Vallejo, CA

#310193 Sep 4, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's a straightforward question. Even Ink the Obtuse managed to finally answer it, amazingly. I think some people have trouble being objective. Our boy, G-town is an extreme example. If it isn't in his narrow scope of experience, he can't see it, period.
I don't believe they can't see it. I believe they won't admit (at least here) what they really think.

This subject does not have a one size fits all "answer", and if they ever admit that, whoa! they may not be as AC as they want to appear.

Most AC/PL will state that abortion is murder, but few of them want women who have had an abortion to get a convicted murderer's sentence. They say it's "slaughtering children", but don't want women who have aborted to get the death penalty or life without parole (which most people would give a murderer).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min shinningelectr0n 1,100,220
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 68,989
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr D Cheney 51,300
Woman arrested for snorting coke with child in car 4 hr silly rabbit 1
North Catasauqua mother charged with abusing in... 8 hr silly rabbit 1
Drunken man sucker punches Allentown cop during... 11 hr silly rabbit 7
162nd Great Allentown Fair opens 17 hr silly rabbit 11
•••

Catasauqua News Video

•••
•••

Catasauqua Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••