Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,280
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282845 Feb 8, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo!!
And I'd like to add that I'm sick of these arrogant pro-choice men who forget that it is in fact the males (who got some young girl/woman pregnant) who can, and do, walk away and continue to enjoy their freedom and can go on to college and fulfill what they want to do with their life while their former girlfriend is the one stuck trying to raise a child and will often end up in poverty. The women are the ones stuck trying to figure out how they'll even hold some job when they need someone to watch their child.
So ignoramuses like Doc, Tom Tom, Gtown and all the other ant-choice males on here can continue to pontificate on the legality or morality of abortion while they remain blissfully clueless about the reality of the hardships of single motherhood.
These male buffoons will never face the physical difficulties of a pregnancy/delivery and they will never know what it's like to be an uneducated single mother trying to raise a kid on either welfare or some kind of part time minimum wage job.
And yes, there are success stories of single mothers becoming educated and successful, but many of them were lucky enough to have family support while so many other single mothers are truly on their own...especially after being abandoned by some cowardly male who was just using his penis as some kind of sexual divining rod.
Makes sense to me. Well said. Do you really mean it?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#282846 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was at the time :)
I'm all for womens right to choose!
They can choose which pots and pans to use, and woman stuff like that......
I hope you know I'm kidding.
Now you need to let your man sleep in, in the morning, and if you don't have one get one, becouse it is not good for wo man to be alone :)
Omg, you are a vile excuse for a human being. You think it's funny to joke about equality.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#282847 Feb 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
PCers have given solid reasons. You just ignore them and spout your religious beliefs as though they are fact. You are the one who cannot give a solid reason why abortion should be illegal.
Jonnycakes is a fundie, facts and evidence are foreign to him and he "knows"that you're going to hell because you don't agree with him. He thinks met jesus 12 years ago. You can have a rAtional conversation with someone so closed minded and arrogant.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#282848 Feb 8, 2013
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>No it is allowing, Roe v Wade was a decision, hand down by the SCOTUS declaring a woman's right to privacy. This was decided back in 1973, meaning, prior to that decision, the law of the land did not permit "Legal" abortions. So from 1776 to 1973 or 197 years, this was not allowed! The endangerment of the life of the woman was always a consideration, even prior to Roe v Wade, so you actually alway had that right prior to Roe v Wade. As I stated earlier, and opinons will vary, but losing 1/4 of a generation, is a lot of potential, gone unrealized.
Historically you're incorrect. Prior to 1873 abortion before quickening was advertised, common and legal for anyone to perform an abortion. Midwives were performing abortions and prescribing and distributing abortive remedies. Later in the mid 1800's the push to illegalize abortion was from the medical field because of the competition with those not educated to practice medicine and the American Medical Association was born and they argued abortion was morally wrong and dangerous except when life of the mother was an issue. Thanks to the medical field, the "back alley", illegal abortion was born.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282849 Feb 8, 2013
Ever drive through Sarasota and the first thing you think of is PeeWee Herman?

Can't believe he lost his career over that! Isn't that what guys do all the time?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#282850 Feb 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
For all the prochoicers here; have you all noticed that in just about all cases of teen pregnancy, it is usually the girl who gets blamed for getting pregnant but almost never the guy who GOT her pregnant? I have, and it drives me nuts. The idea of blaming ONLY the girl is idiotic, but most anti-choice morons are BACKWARD enough to support it.
Personally, I think the question of WHOSE idea was it to have sex in the first place really needs to be asked in these cases. I believe it DOES matter, because after all, it takes TWO people, a girl AND a guy, to create a pregnancy.
That being said, I also think it is vital for girls to realize that whatever dreams they have of a college/vocational education and a job/career after that could easily be destroyed if they make the mistake of having sex and possibly getting pregnant.
IMO the most important question a girl who has dreams of education and career after high school must ask herself is: "is having sex worth having all my education and career dreams ruined if I get pregnant?" The obvious answer to that is "NO, it is NOT worth the risk of getting pregnant and then being stuck with a baby. It is NOT worth my having to give up all my dreams of a good education and career. So I will NOT do it, even if a guy says he'll break up with me."
Asking and answering that ONE vital question could make it much easier for a girl to dump an immature boyfriend who keeps pressuring her to have sex. Guys who keep pressuring girls to have sex before they've even graduated high school aren't worth keeping as boyfriends in the first place. So ladies, if a guy threatens to break up with you if you don't have sex with him, DON'T give in. Break up with HIM instead.
True story Ocean. Last year Cody, my 15 year old nephew had his first girlfriend. Good christian girl, she was 12 at the time. He posted it on Facebook that he was now in a relationship. His step mom who lives in NY with his bio dad told Cody she would supply the condoms if he needed them!
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#282851 Feb 8, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
@@ Again - abortion was perfectly legal in the US until the 1870's when the Comstock Act was passed.
The ones making our laws are criminals.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#282852 Feb 8, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
You taught safe sex to meet other guys. It had nothing to so with safe, it was all about sex. Isn't that what your lifestyle is all about - sex? Do you ever get to know the guys who sleep with? Ever get their names at least?
It's not ok to call lesbians, lesbo's, but it's ok to call a straight woman an arrogant bitch? Prejudice d much. Loss of credibility. Take your blinders off. There is a big world out there and most people are straight. Thank god. So, you better start sucking up to us, or else your life will be miserable. If it isn't already.
Adoption process? No, but I have heard it's not that bad. Didn't you qualify? Just because you try to adopt, doesn't mean you are adoption material. The main concern for people who work for adoption agencies is to find a home for these poor kids. Not all homes are perfect, and they keep their fingers crossed that it will work out. You have a lot to learn. You must be young and foolish. Well, that's how you sound.
You don't care about kids, straight people etc. You only care about yourself and the gays. Who is the bigot? Yes, you.
Are you bringing up my 'expert' again? Rolling eyes.
Maybe you should try foster care. You get $17.00 a day. That should cover the three bowls of oatmeal you would serve the poor kid.
I know nothing about gays? Is that even possible?
Sincerely,
The Utter Fool
The government should spend foster care money helping
out the family that is having problems.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#282853 Feb 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Jonnycakes is a fundie, facts and evidence are foreign to him and he "knows"that you're going to hell because you don't agree with him. He thinks met jesus 12 years ago. You can have a rAtional conversation with someone so closed minded and arrogant.
True. But I'm stubborn :)
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282855 Feb 8, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
The government should spend foster care money helping
out the family that is having problems.
Seventeen dollars a day wold not make a difference.

Do you know that parents actually drop their teenage kids off at social services to get rid of them when they are a pain in the butt. They actually abandon them. Won't give them their own clothes or nothing. Then a call goes out to relatives to see if one of them will take them. Usually no. Then foster care. The last resort. Horrible shame. The teenagers ACT like they don't care, but deep down inside, they must be awfully scared.

Kids have to have a mother and a father. Boys HAVE to have a father.
Guppy

Englewood, FL

#282856 Feb 8, 2013
won't
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#282858 Feb 8, 2013
Guppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Seventeen dollars a day would not make a difference.
Do you know that parents actually drop their teenage kids off at social services to get rid of them when they are a pain. They actually abandon them. Won't give them their own clothes or nothing. Then a call goes out to relatives to see if one of them will take them. Usually no. Then foster care. The last resort. Horrible shame. The teenagers act like they don't care, but deep down inside, they must be awfully scared.
Kids have a mother and a father.
It is a law that parents have to raise their own children.
Foster care can help out the family with family services.
Counseling, food stamps, housing (HUD), utility bills,
daycare, medicare. There is always help.
The State of New Mexico has criminals on staff that are hurting children by putting them in foster care when they should be with their own family.

STO

Vallejo, CA

#282860 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said you were against abortion, and I know you said you thought LTA was bad, but yea I've noticed you are very Lukewarm on abortion.
Just to be clear, you are judging me for judging others right?
Again, where have I judged you?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>I've already said how I and many mess it up, but sto holding peoples hand as they're on their way to hell is not doing them a favor.
There you go again, thinking you are the decider of who is going to hell and who is not.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>mmas far as your verses you claim on abortion, there is no study needed.
Then don't. Stay ignorant.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>I can tell you that the bible says only men are to make coffee, and back up my claim by telling you it says so in the book of "He brews ". Lol
Yeah. Well, that's basically what you do. You take a word like "Hebrews", change it's meaning, then say it fits into your religion of self-righteous bullshit.

I know you're kidding, but it just so happens your example is pretty much what you do when you're being serious.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't seem to mind crossing sassy and others civil liberties for standing up for what she believes.
That is an out and out lie. I have never crossed sassy's or any other AC/PL's civil liberites.

In fact, I would fight for her right to say everything she says here.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>Your biggest thing seems to be telling others they don't have the authority to judge, but you feel you do, plus you feel you have the same power to choose who lives or dies, while they are in a womans womb.
Another out and out LIE. WTF is wrong with you?

I don't have any fcking "power" to choose who lives or dies. I have no "power" over anyone's womb. W-T-H ??

Is this how you get thru life? Going around making baseless accusations, couching them in blatant LIES? I know you don't get away with it, unless the people you surround yourself with are comatose.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry I forgot, you haven't said either way..........
You forget where you are, half the time.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>You say your tactic is to leave the door open, just in case anyone wants to ask you a question, so If any of them asked you what the bible says, and what you believe about adultery, fornication, homosexuals what would you say?
I would say all have fallen short. Nobody is perfect. I'm not here to judge anyone's sin and say this one's worse than that one.

Guess what, tho? They wouldn't ask because they know what the Bible indicates regarding specific sins. My friends here on this thread are way too smart to waste my time with stupid questions like that. If they had a question, I'm SURE it would be a helluva lot more in depth.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#282861 Feb 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So I'm clumsy. I COULD BE WORSE, AND HAVE BEEN WORSE.:)
I THINK YOU SEEM TO BE GENUINE, unlike some who can't get past name calling, and I to can get sucked into the game, but get tired of it.
I just wish pro choice could give solid reasons why abortion should be kept as is, even though they do not have to say a word. I just wish they would.
I truly wonder if the number of abortions done each day bothers them, but they may be afraid to say, becouse it may show weakness?
Anyway I'm bad at being good, but not good at being bad. Lol
There is a reason for that, and I cannot get away with things, that perhaps others can :)
"I just wish pro choice could give solid reasons why abortion should be kept as is, even though they do not have to say a word. I just wish they would."

<thud>

I have given you thoughtful posts and you don't respond. I have outlined all that women's civil rights cover aside from abortion and you haven't made a peep. I have shared my personal opinions regarding abortion and all you can say is what I quoted from you. As if I never said/posted a word.

And you wonder why some posters call you a liar. Really?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282862 Feb 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I meat thief in the night, STO. She wraps up a box all pretty and tops it with a bow, but all she's wanting to do is shove women into it. Or worse, invite them in with her. And all she has is manipulation as a means. Now, you wanna talk clumsy? Gtown.
Can't disagree there, Katie.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282863 Feb 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"I just wish pro choice could give solid reasons why abortion should be kept as is, even though they do not have to say a word. I just wish they would."
<thud>
I have given you thoughtful posts and you don't respond. I have outlined all that women's civil rights cover aside from abortion and you haven't made a peep. I have shared my personal opinions regarding abortion and all you can say is what I quoted from you. As if I never said/posted a word.
And you wonder why some posters call you a liar. Really?
Civil rights?! Did you say "civil rights"???

Not even NR would claim to have missed that end of the debate.

Hellfire, that's our entire argument. But...what?...what was that?...Gtown hasn't heard of it?

Did you see where he accused me of crossing sassy's civil liberties?

The guy must be a compulsive liar. Must be why -- when he lists sins -- lying is never on the list.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#282864 Feb 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't disagree there, Katie.
Heh! That's why I like ya, STO :)

What was that youtube artist's name? The one who redid "Mr. Bigstuff? I've been looking and looking, but can't find it.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#282865 Feb 8, 2013
And Katie..

He ignored my question regarding frozen embryos.

I asked if he equated destroying a frozen embryo with "killing babies".
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#282866 Feb 8, 2013
STO wrote:
And Katie..
He ignored my question regarding frozen embryos.
I asked if he equated destroying a frozen embryo with "killing babies".
Yeah, I saw he was silent on that question of yours, STO. I don't equate frozen embryos with babies. Does anyone?

These guys take their spoon feeding seriously. According to them, we must like abortion because we've never said any different. Incredible!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#282868 Feb 8, 2013
I don't watch gibson; he's not much of an actor. Nor do I get my information from movies.

Gay sex occurs in nature; how can it not be natural?

I came out in 1978; I knew I was gay years earlier. I know precisely wht those times were like, which is hy I (and many of my generation) have worked to make sure others didn't have to go through the same thing.

Yes, there is safe sex; you have to learn how to apply it properly. Young kids aren't even getting basic sex ed, much less safe sex info. Why lie?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever watch Brave heart, with Mel Gibson?
Sex is natural, but gay sex is not.
I geuss if you're going to be gay, then you live in a pretty good time, since up to the 70's it was looked at as a mental disorder.
I know, and have know several gay men and women. They come in all shapes and sizes from all walks of life. I don't see much difference in being gay with any other sexual sin, but most who are gay don't view being gay as a sin, some do.
There may be safer sex, but no such thing as safe sex, unless two people are married, and have only known each other.
Yes sex can be pleasurable, and exciting, but we have now gotten to a point where kids younger and younger are having "safe sex ",we are not getting better as a society by teaching safe sex, and we sure are not getting better by sending a message, to kids that they are no longer held accountable for their actions.
Anyone can look at our school system since the 70's and tell its headed south fast.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 45 min Bluestater 1,127,006
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 5 hr Anonymous91 54,522
Bethlehem nurse allegedly stole bank card, $5 f... 8 hr silly rabbit 1
Halloween costumes for girls: Innocent or inapp... 11 hr silly rabbit 1
Trick-or-treat times scheduled (Oct '08) 13 hr rose 68
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 hr scirocco 70,102
What do you think of Persing Auto? (Dec '07) 14 hr vindell 100

Catasauqua News Video

Catasauqua Dating
Find my Match

Catasauqua Jobs

Catasauqua People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Catasauqua News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Catasauqua

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]