Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
262,701 - 262,720 of 305,086 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
THat's the "many's" tough shit moment then.
<quoted text>
Who's this "most" you speak of stupid? You claim to speak for MOST of the population of the US?
MOST I'd say think of it as ending an unwanted pregnancy for any one of HUNDREDS of reasons.
<quoted text>
THe NORM is 98% of all abortions happening in the first trimester, and no law is going to EVER outlaw that. Deal with it.
Well I geuss if you're going to kill the little fellers, the sooner the better.

Yet we were talking about those babies who's pic show that they were plenty far enough along, that if they just took them out they would've been just fine.

Those partial birth, late term abortions.

Did they feel pain as the doc cut off their arms?

Were you prochoice then?

Would you consider it killing a baby?

If not, then why do they make laws against those abortions now?

Many "including me " feel it is legal murder.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Her sister testifies to the fact that she was afraid for her life, and that of her lover if her husband - who had a violent history - found out. IF she'd have had the option for a LEGAL AND SAFE abortion, she'd still be alive today.
Yet it didn't matter if abortion was legal or not her baby was doomed either way.

One thing I noticed, which is common among pro choicers, is the fact her families blame everyone BUT her.

I didn't see where they say she has anything at all to do with her death.

That seems to be the prochoice way -blame everyone but..........

Wrong is wrong.
When I do wrong, it is wrong.
When I sin, it is sin.

The lady's story is very sad, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but she (not others) made her choice.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>wait, who the hell is this LYNN character you guys keep makiing up or bringing up?
im comfused..........
I assume it is someone who used to comment.

If you haven't noticed the prochoicers favorite thing to do, is call prolifers a liar, or call them someone else.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
They dont get a choice because they're INCAPABLE of making a choice you idiot.
FlippantFoo: "They dont get a choice because they're INCAPABLE of making a choice you idiot."

Newborns are incapbable of making a choice either. Idiot. That is no cause for killing them.

Try again.

Again.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I geuss if you're going to kill the little fellers, the sooner the better.
Yet we were talking about those babies who's pic show that they were plenty far enough along, that if they just took them out they would've been just fine.
Those partial birth, late term abortions.
Did they feel pain as the doc cut off their arms?
Were you prochoice then?
Would you consider it killing a baby?
If not, then why do they make laws against those abortions now?
Many "including me " feel it is legal murder.
Wasn't it just you that claimed WE are bringing up the extreme - the rare - rather than the NORM?

ANyone that thinks abortion at ANY time is "legal murder" is dirt stupid. ESPECIALLY since there's no such THING as "legal murder". Its a moronic claim.

LTA's are illegal. They are only LEGALLY done when the life of the mother is at stake. And if its a choice between the mother's life and that of and the fetus, then yes - I'll support the woman's CHOICE to abort. EVERY TIME.

You idiots act like women are waking up in the 8th month and saying "I've changed my mind, lets abort". That's NOT happening. That's NOT the norm.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
FlippantFoo: "They dont get a choice because they're INCAPABLE of making a choice you idiot."
Newborns are incapbable of making a choice either. Idiot. That is no cause for killing them.
Try again.
Again.
Nobody's talking about killing newborns here No Relevance. DO try to keep up ya dolt.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume it is someone who used to comment.
If you haven't noticed the prochoicers favorite thing to do, is call prolifers a liar, or call them someone else.
Lily is a poster that used to post here under different names. We're simply using the name she's most well known by.

You're only called liars when you are lying. You're fond of lying there son, dont deny it.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
That does not say the baby is a fetus. It says "The brain continues to adjust for life outside the womb, see." It's an explanation of the 24-48hr process. It's in two different sentences, NR, but surely you can see the point made. No, I guess not. You guys want to believe there's a magic moment fetus becomes, go for it. But if you're going to ask me questions about my opinions, don't continue to claim these are wrong when they're based on medical science. Your beliefs are based on emotions. If anyone's wrong here, it'd be you.
(still not a peep on those CO Catholics claiming fetus isn't a person)
Katie: "That does not say the baby is a fetus."

Here is what you said again:

"There is no 'exact moment' as fetus changing to baby is a process begun during labor and continuing after delivery well into the first 24-48hrs after childbirth. The brain continues to adjust for life outside the womb, see."

According to you, he/she is a fetus during labor. What is he/she AFTER birth, but before "changing to baby"?

Based on your quote, it appears fetus is a fetus UNTIL "changing to baby."

Please clarify.
_______

Based on your answer to the above question, please provide the "medical science" source(s) you used to arrive at that designation. In other words, if still a "fetus" after born until "changing to baby," please indicate what scientific source says that.

You said in your post above that your belief is "based on medical science."

TIA.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody's talking about killing newborns here No Relevance. DO try to keep up ya dolt.
Your reasoning was flawed. You indicated it is okay to kill preborns because they can't make choices.

I rightly pointed out that born babies can't make choices either.

You need to try a different argument, b/c your above argument failed. Miserably. Again.
bman

Commack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure. He made a good sacrifical lamb for the RCC. Toss his ass to the wind and claim denial.
Wow, are you stupid or just plain ignorant? Maybe both. I love how you people attack the Catholic Church, but God forbid someone offends Muslims or Jews. Yes, the Catholic Church has made plenty of mistakes. None of them are excusable. But do you think an organization that has lasted for over 2000 years is going to always be perfect? Come on. You can't deny THIS fact. The Catholic Church has done more charity work in 2012 alone than Planned Parenthood has done in their entire existance. The Catholic Church was founded by Jesus (later established by St. Peter with Jesus' approval) who proclaimed love and acceptance vs. Margaret Sanger, a racist bigot who supported the use of eugenics. Compare the two and you will find out that you are actually on the wrong side. If you don't realize that, then I feel sorry for you.
No Relativism

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
They dont get a choice because they're INCAPABLE of making a choice you idiot.
Preborn babies instictively try to move AWAY FROM the aversive abortion procedure. They are demonstrating they are meant to live.
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, some of us already incorporated all that info where it became part of the big picture.
Women had very limited civil rights prior to Roe v Wade. Women DID FEAR their husbands (even after separating from them). Women DID FEAR choosing an abortion would mean death because these weren't safe, regulated, medical procedures. But that the abortion was *still* determined to be the right decision for that individual pregnant woman meant it literally was life or death.
Thank goodness for legal abortion. Since it's performed earlier and earlier, American women won't have to be subjected to those archaic FEARS anymore.
Do you remember Kermit Gosnell?

http://www.phila.gov/districtattorney/PDFs/Gr...

How about Stephen Brigham?
Stephen Brigham

How about Rapin Osathanondh?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39177186/ns/us_ne...

How about Dr. David Benjamin?
http://www.nytimes.com/1995/08/09/nyregion/ab...
Anonymous

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, are you stupid or just plain ignorant? Maybe both. I love how you people attack the Catholic Church, but God forbid someone offends Muslims or Jews. Yes, the Catholic Church has made plenty of mistakes. None of them are excusable. But do you think an organization that has lasted for over 2000 years is going to always be perfect? Come on. You can't deny THIS fact. The Catholic Church has done more charity work in 2012 alone than Planned Parenthood has done in their entire existance. The Catholic Church was founded by Jesus (later established by St. Peter with Jesus' approval) who proclaimed love and acceptance vs. Margaret Sanger, a racist bigot who supported the use of eugenics. Compare the two and you will find out that you are actually on the wrong side. If you don't realize that, then I feel sorry for you.
BAM!!! thank you, well said !
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Preborn babies instictively try to move AWAY FROM the aversive abortion procedure. They are demonstrating they are meant to live.
They don't like hearing that!

That truly want to believe that it is nothing more then a wad of tissue being removed.

For them to agree with you, is for them to call into question ALL that they believe.

If someone wants to know the truth, they must atleast once in their lives doubt everything.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't it just you that claimed WE are bringing up the extreme - the rare - rather than the NORM?
ANyone that thinks abortion at ANY time is "legal murder" is dirt stupid. ESPECIALLY since there's no such THING as "legal murder". Its a moronic claim.
LTA's are illegal. They are only LEGALLY done when the life of the mother is at stake. And if its a choice between the mother's life and that of and the fetus, then yes - I'll support the woman's CHOICE to abort. EVERY TIME.
You idiots act like women are waking up in the 8th month and saying "I've changed my mind, lets abort". That's NOT happening. That's NOT the norm.
Would you support, or did you support the aborting of late term babies, for the only reason being becouse the woman did wake up in the 8th month, and decided she didn't want to be pregnant?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

No, you're a mother (granted, it's an abbreviation in your case.)

A woman isn't a mother until she delivers a live birth, at least in medical terms. She can call herself a mother whenever she wants to, colloquially.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is!!! A pregnant woman can choose to be a mother of a alive child or a dead one, but either way she is a mother.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

I'm sure your mother thought that every day.
BraveCon wrote:
Hey y'all
I have another inane idea to pose to you PCers:
The next time you get in a heated agrument with your child/ren and you just want the agrument to end, you should say:
"I am sick and tired of agruing with you. You got a real bad attitude lately! You little brat, you're lucky to be here ya know...that's right...I could have aborted you if I had wanted too. Don't roll your eyes...we women have the right and the power to abort whoever we want and I could very easily have aborted you. Just remember that! Now go to your room!"

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Let's hope they don't mind lawsuits.
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
Carlsbad schools are thinking of adding the bible to their
curriculum.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Why do you keep arguing science when you have no frigging clue what you are talking about?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not?
They teach the earth is millions or billions of years old, and how all animals and people "evolved " which is also a myth.
Both ways take faith.
I think evolution takes even more faith.
we have seen many things created, but have yet to see anything evolve (other then micro evolution).

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Fetuses move away from unknown stimuli by autonomic response. Amoeba and paramecia do the same thing.

There is no such thing as "intent" until the upper brain develops, starting well within the 6th month of gestation.

Chuckles, I'm a gay atheist raised in a catholic environment; I've already doubted everything. That's why I don't accept anything that can't be proven.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't like hearing that!
That truly want to believe that it is nothing more then a wad of tissue being removed.
For them to agree with you, is for them to call into question ALL that they believe.
If someone wants to know the truth, they must atleast once in their lives doubt everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Catasauqua Discussions

Search the Catasauqua Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Grey Ghost 1,079,675
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 68,374
Allentown releases draft of plan for community ... 8 hr A-town Observer 71
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 8 hr Big Daddy 3,812
Lehigh County to give parents extra time for ch... (Nov '07) 11 hr What A P O S 62
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) 16 hr Lisalava224 63
Girl's fear of school costs district thousands (May '08) Thu he has spoken 249
•••
•••

Catasauqua News Video

•••
•••

Catasauqua Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••