Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311215 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#276698 Jan 14, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws dont determine when someone's died you STUPID SHIT! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!
Lynne, you show how ignorant you are in SO Many ways, and you dont even know it!
Its HYSTERICAL!
If he didn't die in the womb then we wouldn't have needed a law.
bman

Commack, NY

#276699 Jan 14, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe it or not, I actually agree that teens, especially girls, since they have to cope with the burdens of teen pregnancy, would better off avoiding sex entirely until they have, at the very least, graduated from high school.
I wrote this a few months ago, as a kind of "public service" post:
This might help girls see the difference between the two lifestyles of being a free teenager and being a teen mom BEFORE they make the mistake of having sex and possibly ending up pregnant.
If you or anyone can think of more benefits of lifestyle #1 or negatives of lifestyle #2, please go ahead and add them.
LIFESTYLE #1 - LIFE AS A FREE TEENAGER:
- Keeping up grades, studying, doing homework
- Participating in after-school activities
- Going to school dances and parties
- Relaxing during summer vacation
- Having fun at the junior or senior prom
- Graduating high school and attending after-graduation parties
- Attending college or vocational training after high school with no restrictions
LIFSTYLE #2 - LIFE AS A TEEN MOM:
- Missing school, falling behind in classes
- Getting up two or three times at night to feed a baby
- Endless diaper changes, including stinky ones
- Losing friends who don't want to be around crying babies
- Staying home with a crying baby while friends are out having fun
- Missing high school graduation, or even having to drop out of school
- Settling for part-time, low-income or minimum-wage employment instead of a dream job/career
As a teenager who is happily NOT pregnant, which lifestyle do YOU want? Wouldn't you rather have the first lifestyle instead of the second?
You can keep Lifestyle #1 very easily, just by staying sexfree (meaning free FROM sex) and saying NO to any guy who pressures you to have sex. If your boyfriend says he'll break up with you if you won't have sex with him, don't cave in. Break up with HIM instead.
Keeping your freedom to BE a teenager; there's no better reason to say NO.
FINALLY, someone who has some common sense. While I disagree with your veiws on abortion, I like your post and I hope that in the future, teens will respect each other, and that they won't fall into peer pressure to have sex too early.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#276700 Jan 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
If he didn't die in the womb then we wouldn't have needed a law.
It's an unknown regarding Conner, Ink. Prior to this, most ZEFs were unrecognized by the courts and so was the woman's and/or family's loss.

The Victims of Violence Act or Conner's Law can be seen as a legal compromise. I know the PLM thinks of it as a weapon, but it's not meant to be.

PC see it more as further protecting women's civil rights to determine the outcome of her pregnancy. And now a wanted pregnancy ruined by a 3rd party is recognized in those states who've passed this.
bman

Commack, NY

#276701 Jan 14, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. The Victims of Violence Act of 2004 does not trump Roe v. Wade. Roe v. Wade does not make such reference to life in uteri. BTW, it's in uteri, not in utero you dumb shit. Learn proper Latin medical terms. Did they not teach you that in "Honorary Medical School?"
Roe v. Wade protects a woman's right to abort. The Act protects a woman's right to carry to term by embellishing on a technicality, the purpose of which is mainly to give your kind a $.10 lolly pop, while Roe v. Wade gives our kind Key Lime Pie.
Go on and prove me wrong.
HA! So you're saying that just a "choice" can all of a sudden redefine a fetus as human or inhuman? In fact, Planned Paranthood was against this act when it was signed because they knew that this act would hurt the pro-choice argument and that the fetus shouldn't be counted as murder because the law clearly states that a pregnant woman killed with her unborn child would be considered a double-homicide. Do you suppoert this act? Because if you do, you're saying that a fetus should be counted as a human (double homicide means two PEOPLE getting killed). If the fetus WAS part of the woman before birth, it would be considered one casualty instead of two.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#276702 Jan 14, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep your day job because you don't have a feel for humor.
Poor baby...getting snarky because you once again made a jackass of yourself.

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

#276703 Jan 14, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're SO full of shit Skankdawg. The FACT is that many women that lose a pregnancy, whether its naturally or by abortion, simply move on with their lives, and do NOT regret it.
My mom and I had a discussion once about her miscarriage. She told me that knowing what they know now about HER illness,(that the medical community didn't know back then), she was actually THANKFUL that she miscarried - because between the MS and diabetes, and knowing what they also knew about my father's genetic heart conditions in the men in the family - she would NEVER have wished those kinds of health issues onto her child.
Conversely, I know women - some of whom have posted here - who have ALSO said they're not only not sorry they had an abortion, they are THANKFUL they did.
For whatever reason, you have this really sick NEED to inflict YOUR f'd up vision & desire for regret, spiritual misery, shame, depression and more on others.
FORTUNATELY, MOST women dont and wont suffer any such things from having an abortion.
Only a complete idiot like you will hear women tell you THEY DO NOT REGRET their decisions, and ignore that, only to be so insistant on trying to put YOUR words in THEIR mouths.
Ask them the same question in the future, when they are on their deathbed, and I bet you'll get a different answer from them.

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#276704 Jan 14, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You think all these people just changed their minds and became PL? It hasn't occurred to you they were sell outs, being paid to saying something? That they had no qualms pandering for the bigger paycheck?
Why don't you start using real language in this "debate"? Until we can agree on the words and definitions, this will not progress. There is no "abortionist" because the physician is called an obstetrician.
There are no "proaborts" because those who think women should decide for themselves whether to keep or terminate their pregnancies are called prochoice.
There is no "abortuary". Abortion means an end to pregnancy prior to term. The pregnant woman will decide what happens to the fetal remains following induced or spontaneous abortion. Perhaps a mortuary is involved or the remains are donated to science or the remains become medical waste. It's up to the woman what to do with these.
The definition of an Obstetrician should be 'someone who specializes in killing off people that women don't want in their lives.'

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#276705 Jan 14, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Inkstain simply isn't bright enough to figure these things out on her own.
She's a bona fide simpleton. You made a joke, I replied to your joke by making another joke, and then here comes Ink with a moronic remark in a bad attempt to appear like she has a superior intellect, which of course falls flat and makers her look like a fool. Just another day in Fundiville.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#276706 Jan 14, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, LNM has a great sense of humor. On the other hand, you dont have ANY feel for intelligence.
Hee hee hee!
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#276707 Jan 14, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
REALLY, and which Planned Parenthood facility did that? I doubt that your little story is true.
Personally, I went to Planned Parenthood quite often when I was 18+ and had just moved to a big city after graduating high school and vocational school. I knew that if I chose to have sex at some point, I DIDN'T want to get pregnant, so I needed reliable contraception to PREVENT that unwanted outcome. They charged very LITTLE money for that contraception, and I was very grateful to get it. I would have had to pay MORE anywhere else.
The Planned Parenthood facility I went to was terrific. The medical staff were very knowledgable and helpful, they answered all my questions on preventing unwanted pregnancy and STD's, and finally set me up with the contraception that I felt would work best for me. Thanks to Planned Parenthood and its wonderful staff, I never got pregnant before the time when I WANTED to become a mother, which wasn't until my 30's. I never got a sexually transmitted disease either. I went OFF birth control when I decided I was ready for the responsibility.
I strongly suggest that teens avoid all types of sexual activity with partners while in middle or high school because even WITH the use of birth control and condoms, unwanted pregnancy is still a possibility. Must protection always be used if for any reason a teen girl or guy decides to have sex? ABSOLUTELY, and EVERY time too. Is that protection a GUARANTEE a girl will never get pregnant? Absolutely NOT. All birth control methods can and do fail occasionally. When BC fails and a pregnancy results, it is still the girl's/woman's decision whether to continue it or not.
With all your tricks dropping yo off, I am sure you were on a first name basis with the staff. "Yank out the condoms, she's back!!"

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#276708 Jan 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Depends on what you call "truth"; everybody has their own truth.
I've known a lot of medical professionals; I worked in the medical field for years. Everyone had different reasons and reactions to to what they did.
What's important to me is that women's civil rights are upheld.
<quoted text>
There's only one truth for me concerning abortion:

A fetus is alive before an abortion and it is dead after an abortion.

Abortion destroys life, and this is what makes it wrong and worth fighting against.
bman

Commack, NY

#276709 Jan 14, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh PLEASE. Do you really expect me to believe such nonsense? If you do, get used to disappointment, junior.
There's an old joke that goes like this:
Q. What do you call a couple that relies ONLY on "natural family planning" as their primary form of birth control?
A. PARENTS.
That is why the Catholic Church approves of it while FORBIDDING all other forms of birth control that are far more reliable in preventing unwanted pregnancy. The church doesn't WANT married couples to prevent pregnancy indefinitely, or to take the step of voluntary sterilization. The church wants married couples to start the procreation process sooner or later, and preferably sooner.
Such backward beliefs concerning sex and reproduction is one of the many reasons I kicked the toxic baggage of Catholicism to the curb over 20 years ago. I haven't regretted that decision for a New York minute. I make my OWN decisions in those highly personal matters, rather than allowing a bunch of male clerics in dresses to make those choices for me.
OK, like I said I have nothing against contraception, abortion isn't contraception. I was just telling someone that there IS a way to have sex in marriage but not have kids and not use artificial birth control. If you want to do it your way, that's your buisness. BUT don't use what I just said as a privacy argument for abortion because contraception is different from abortion. Abortion is much different because you're dealing with something that has it's own DNA and heartbeat. While I personally wouldn't use artificial birth control myself, it's a medicine that I don't mind because it doesn't hurt the unborn.
Tondaleyo lives

United States

#276710 Jan 14, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're SO full of shit Skankdawg. The FACT is that many women that lose a pregnancy, whether its naturally or by abortion, simply move on with their lives, and do NOT regret it.
My mom and I had a discussion once about her miscarriage. She told me that knowing what they know now about HER illness,(that the medical community didn't know back then), she was actually THANKFUL that she miscarried - because between the MS and diabetes, and knowing what they also knew about my father's genetic heart conditions in the men in the family - she would NEVER have wished those kinds of health issues onto her child.
Conversely, I know women - some of whom have posted here - who have ALSO said they're not only not sorry they had an abortion, they are THANKFUL they did.
For whatever reason, you have this really sick NEED to inflict YOUR f'd up vision & desire for regret, spiritual misery, shame, depression and more on others.
FORTUNATELY, MOST women dont and wont suffer any such things from having an abortion.
Only a complete idiot like you will hear women tell you THEY DO NOT REGRET their decisions, and ignore that, only to be so insistant on trying to put YOUR words in THEIR mouths.
Wow, you are full of your own filth. Funny thing, I know women who have type one diabetes and have children, and are very sad when they miscarry, my mom miscarried and felt the sadness way into her later years. I would say you cannot speak for women because you refused to be a wife and mother by your choice. Yeah, God gave you free will, you chose wrong, you chose evil. You will be accounted for your choice when you meet Christ face to face. AND YOU WILL. Many women do suffer from an abortion, many have regretted it and spent years in therapy, Martin Luther King Jrs neice and others have gone through years of pain. You can see it in tv stars when they are desperate to have children but admit they have had to
en or more abortions and because of that they can't. You cannot speak for God when your views are so demonic.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#276711 Jan 14, 2013
sassyliciouus wrote:
<quoted text>
I will say this one more time. I am not anyone else but sassy. If you don't believe me,don't. I really don't care.
But let me ASSURE you that I would never EVER joke about supporting abortion in any way,shape or form. That is well known of me.
Now,carry on....
Where did anyone say it was a joke? I said you inserted it in to make it look like bsman isn't you, yet absolutely everything else bsman posts sounds exactly like you. The fact that you come back claiming you would never say that is exactly the point I was making, so thanks for your help proving me right.

Now you carry on Gagalicious/bsman.
Gtown71

United States

#276712 Jan 14, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Or, they can do what they want and you can butt out.
<quoted text>
That sounds like it is easy enough, and pro lifers hear it all the time, and most want nothing to do with peoples bedrooms or homes, But when those people expect us to pay for part or all of their desicions (and they do), then it does give us a right to speak up.

It 's easy to say stay out of peoples buisiness, but "their " business stops, when it interferes with "our " business..

Even if all abortions were paid for, by those getting the abortions, like you have stated before -You have a right to stand up for human rights. You use your voice to help those who have their own voice. We use our voice to help the helpless.

If anyone should buttout, it is the prodeath crowd. They don't need you.
Geuss what? They can speak for themselves.
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#276713 Jan 14, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Bullshyt.. you are trying to generalize and the world does not work that way.
You know and if were honest would acknowledge it.
You are not honest. you are a delusional at best and moronic f*cktard at worse.
Here is how it works out in the real world..
She gets pregnant. She decides to allow her husband to know she is pregnat. he may or may n be happy about this situtation.
Depending on where their lives are both economically, as a married couple, Her health, and what their long term plans are, if any.
She decides on what choice to keep or abort. It is her decision. He does not necessarily have to like it. But at the end will accept it as being her choice. As a mature adult should.
In your scenario he acts out like a spoiled brat for not getting his way. An immature little shyt. Which really points out a problem with their relationship. She needs to make a decision. Which Roe V Wade makes plain is hers alone.
As man I find the fact that many men, invariably are part of one of the Abrahamic religions, act as though they should always get the final word on what their wives should do with their bodies. The flimsy excuses of they love their wives or the worse one. Their god some how says so. Is just an immature response that is both pathetic and stupid.
In the real world a man support his partner and understands that it is not always about him. That sometimes the hardest decision is made when no one else can make it for you.
This is one such place in the real world. A woman does not need her husband having a snit. When she is the one that has to make and live with the decision. Regardless of which one she makes.
I know I just made to much sense again..
Sorry kathy, you misspelled this one, "As man I find the fact that many men,"

You meant to write, " As an Azz man, I find many men."

I am sure you do kathy, I am sure you do. At lerast you aren't causing any abortions riding the chocolate freeway.
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#276714 Jan 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Let's see YOU remove this; go suck a mean hard one ya koos!!
Now you have done it. You have kathy and vlady fighting each other to get to you.
Tondaleyo lives

United States

#276715 Jan 14, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
That law doesn't prove SHIT about whether Connor was born or not when they were killed.
In fact, the autopsy reports stated they could NOT say if he'd been born or not.
The law was in response to the crime and other crimes like it you moron, NOT to whether or not he was murdered before OR after he was born.
Douay-Rheims Bible
I know thy tribulation and thy poverty, but thou art rich: and thou art blasphemed by them that say they are Jews and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Tom Tom

Allentown, PA

#276716 Jan 14, 2013
<quoted text>
And just who told you I "feel" criticized? Cake boss? I support a woman's right to choose whether to terminate her pregnancy, or carry her pregnancy to term. And I support both choices EQUALLY.
<quoted text>
Woopty f*cking doo.
<quoted text>
I'm not only pro-choice, I'm also pro-law. And the law says that there are limits to elective abortion. I support that as well.
<quoted text>
Is there any better suggestion for adoption than actually adopting?
<quoted text>
Not that it offends me, because nothing you or any other idolater hypocrite could say can offend me, but fact is, you pout, kick and scream every time you're called an anti-choicer and a hypocrite. So if it's good for the goose..........
That makes you a hypocrite and not really pro-choice as you are limiting the right of a woman to do as she wants with her body.

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#276717 Jan 14, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like it is easy enough, and pro lifers hear it all the time, and most want nothing to do with peoples bedrooms or homes, But when those people expect us to pay for part or all of their desicions (and they do), then it does give us a right to speak up.
It 's easy to say stay out of peoples buisiness, but "their " business stops, when it interferes with "our " business..
Even if all abortions were paid for, by those getting the abortions, like you have stated before -You have a right to stand up for human rights. You use your voice to help those who have their own voice. We use our voice to help the helpless.
If anyone should buttout, it is the prodeath crowd. They don't need you.
Geuss what? They can speak for themselves.
Pro-Choice people get upset that us Pro-Life people try to 'interfere with their business', yet when they get an abortion they are interfering with the continuing development of a human being. This makes them hypocrites in my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min woodtick57 1,383,764
News NORC Poll: Voters interested, not excited about... 16 hr WasteWater 1
News Allentown seeks entrepreneurs for 'Retail Mosaic' 20 hr silly rabbit 1
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) Fri silly rabbit 76
News Bankruptcy judge approves Allentown Shula's ass... Fri silly rabbit 1
News Homicides down across Lehigh Valley in 2016 Fri silly rabbit 8
News Pa. charter school law is nation's worst, state... May 26 silly rabbit 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages