Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 320382 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Avon, OH

#275526 Jan 10, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what. I say pregnancy is often an UNWANTED physical condition for women who never wanted to GET pregnant in the first place. If some women don't WANT to stay pregnant, give birth and be mothers, thankfully they aren't forced to do so.
I find it a bit ironic that for the women 'who never wanted to GET pregnant in the first place' made the decision to have sex with a man. If they truly never want to get pregnant, the most logical solution is not to have sex with a man.

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#275527 Jan 10, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is perfectly natural for some women NOT to get pregnant, give birth, and be mothers. Contrary to what you want everyone to BELIEVE (beliefs aren't facts, you know), pregnancy and motherhood are not the ONLY valid occupations for women.
Motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required, and women can reject it for whatever reason(s). None of them are any of YOUR business.
Do you believe in China's one child policy? Should any government have the power to limit a woman's choice to the number of kids she wants?
sickofit

Austin, MN

#275528 Jan 10, 2013
Abortion is legal....GET OVER IT RELIGOUS NAZI FASCIST FREAKS...You dont control other people priavte lvies and bodies not matter how much you religous freaks hate the Constitution it protects WE THE PEOPLE from you religous enemies of this nation.

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#275529 Jan 10, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying. We don not act like pregnancy is a crime or injustice. But it may be unplanned and unwanted, and it would be an injustice to force her to remain so.
Stop being an asshat, BS, and twisting our words around.
I would say that every time a woman has sex she should expect to get pregnant. Being shocked that you've become pregnant, even though you're taking contraceptives or the man always uses condoms, still shouldn't shock any woman because having sex with a man always carries with it the possibility of pregnancy.

So the reality is no pregnany is truly 'unplanned' or 'unwanted'.

Any sexually active woman who is shocked by pregnancy is really either pretty naive about sex or just pretty stupid.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#275530 Jan 10, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Women have the same right NOT to be pregnant. Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens.
Killing anyone is optional. You don't have to be a mother to kill people. Nor do you have to kill your children. Anyone can kill anybody. We're just saying that killing innocent people should be illegal, because killing innocent people is wrong. And if killing innocent people were to become a crime, perpetrators will be much less likely to kill their victims.

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#275531 Jan 10, 2013
sickofit wrote:
Abortion is legal....GET OVER IT RELIGOUS NAZI FASCIST FREAKS...You dont control other people priavte lvies and bodies not matter how much you religous freaks hate the Constitution it protects WE THE PEOPLE from you religous enemies of this nation.
By golly you got it! We Pro-Life people hate the Constitution! More than that we hate everything! We are born haters who hate everything for no reason, we can't help it.

Sickofit, please help us to become better people.

“Never give up”

Avon, OH

#275532 Jan 10, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Killing anyone is optional. You don't have to be a mother to kill people. Nor do you have to kill your children. Anyone can kill anybody. We're just saying that killing innocent people should be illegal, because killing innocent people is wrong. And if killing innocent people were to become a crime, perpetrators will be much less likely to kill their victims.
Remember that woman in Texas, Andrea Yates, who made the decision to drown her five kids in the bathtub?

She made the decision to terminate her five kids. It was her choice to do so.

I don't find any difference between her and any woman who has had five abortions in her lifetime.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#275533 Jan 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
A 7-8wk embryo the size of a Tic Tac is not a fetus to begin with. And when it's a stranger's, being aborted, it's not your business. Period.
But sure, brag to everyone how you justify your atrocious behavior. Keep doing it, show us all your dysfunction, personified.
You're sure eager to point your stupid finger at others. Might I suggest you understand what's being discussed before you do so?
The Second World War was one of the darkest periods of human history. A time filled with sorrow, hardship, destruction and loss. From this dark period in human history a shining light of hope emerged where the international community united with the common goal acknowledging and respecting each and every individual.

The United Nations Charter which was written by and for the peoples of the international community reaffirms, and I quote,“the faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person...”

In addition the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights recognises ‘the inherent dignity and the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world.
sickofit

Austin, MN

#275534 Jan 10, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
By golly you got it! We Pro-Life people hate the Constitution! More than that we hate everything! We are born haters who hate everything for no reason, we can't help it.
Sickofit, please help us to become better people.
Get rid of your stoen age religion of hate and racisma nd bigotry is first step....Oh and never listen to faux news or rich limturder again.......CONSTITUTION FIRST....RELIGION NEVER...WHEN IT COEMS TO LAWS AND RULES..

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#275535 Jan 10, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm not interested in defending against your inept attacks.
Yet you will spend hours doing just that on a regular basis LOLOL!!!

***flips Lynne a Scoobie Snack*** Good girl! <<grin>>

BTW dear, we'd already determined that he was a rapist. But DO carry on.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#275536 Jan 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe all pro lifer's believe in your right to not be pregnant, but they feel if you want to exercise your right to not be pregnant, then just don't get pregnant. Not get pregnant then kill the child.
Plus -all the reasons pro abortion folks give apply to women that already have kids.
All the expense of having a child keeps on going, so why can't a woman with a week old, not decide she don't want the kid?
Where do you draw the line? At birth? And why? Is it becouse of laws?
you say a fetus cannot live without the mother, but neither can a one week old.
I would hate to know the answer, of how many women would kill their child, or have the child killed "that helps them feel better ",which is why people hire another person to kill their spouse, so they won't feel so bad.
yet I am curious, if the law gave women the right to abort their kids up to the age of 7? How many would do it? Please don't think none. With 3-4 thousand abortions a day, I'm sure the number of post birth abortions would be shocking.
Others countries are already entertaining this idea, by the way. Some may be doing it.
Why should a woman be punished, for making a mistake, and getting pregnant? This is what most pro aborts say, so why should a woman be punished, for getting pregnant, and having the baby, before she realizes the mistake she has made?
don't she to deserve to go to the coffee shop, and movies with her friends?
Plus maybe she was well off finaincialy, but looses her security money right after birth. This day is comming, if you live long enough you will see.
Sorry for the short post, I really didn't have much to say.)
Really, that is your position and argument..

Seriously??

Your entire position is a based fallacy and ignorance. Willful ignorance at that..

You believe in the right of a woman getting pregnant. But at the same time you believe she should not get pregnant if she is going to have an abortion..

You actually believe that makes sense.

Are you really.... Yeah, after all these years I have to conclude that yes are really just this stupid..Your argument is against a person that does not exist. There are no pro abortionist..

Thanks for showing once ore that you are a fanatical little fool.

There are Prochoice here. Out side of a few trolls that wander in proclaiming other wise. There are no such people as pro abortion.

The rest of your post is full of the usual wishful thinking that always makes a train wreck of your position.

Reality is that you, I, and every one else has no say in a woman medical decisions concerning her body or reproduction.

None of us gets to know her reasons unless she wants to share them. Beyond that, it is no ones business as to why or even what her motives for keeping, adopting out, or even having an abortion.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#275537 Jan 10, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember that woman in Texas, Andrea Yates, who made the decision to drown her five kids in the bathtub?
She made the decision to terminate her five kids. It was her choice to do so.
I don't find any difference between her and any woman who has had five abortions in her lifetime.
Andrea Yates was mentally ill. She truly believed she was "saving" her children.

Her oldest son fought and fought hard for his life - according to Yates his last words were "I'm sorry". Those children were sentient beings - that's the difference, but you knew that, right?

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#275538 Jan 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ugly, personified.
That is what, skanky, has always striven to be here.. One of her few successes here on topix by the way.
Gtown71

United States

#275539 Jan 10, 2013
sickofit wrote:
<quoted text>
Get rid of your stoen age religion of hate and racisma nd bigotry is first step....Oh and never listen to faux news or rich limturder again.......CONSTITUTION FIRST....RELIGION NEVER...WHEN IT COEMS TO LAWS AND RULES..
You do realize that there are those who are just as Godless as you, and still find the killing on evolutions tinest things, to be a horrific thing, don't you?

Plus, if a country is not going to recognize a baby in the womb as a human, then that country should never charge anyone for the death of the baby in the womb, if the baby dies for any reason, as a result of their actions.

Anyway you slice it, it is a double standard. The very same ones who accuse pro lifers as being control freaks, are in FACT the control freaks themself.

They want it to be a baby if they say it is, or they want it to be equal to a tumor, that needs removing, so that the woman can get on with 'her ' life.

The reason the pro death people would fight so hard against a law, that said anything before birth is not human, is becouse the first pregnant lady that is just days away from delivery, that gets shot through the stomach by a stray bullet, and all the guy would get was recklous indangerment of "1" human life, then it becomes all to real that the bundle she carried was in fact a child.

I pray that one day people will look back and see how america was, and that the holucost was nothing compared to what we allowed to happen to soo many of our own people.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#275540 Jan 10, 2013
Your mom must've been up to a quart of everclear a day then.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
When a pregnant woman drinks alcohol, so does her unborn baby. Alcohol in the mother's blood passes through the placenta to the baby through the umbilical cord. Drinking alcohol during pregnancy can cause miscarriage, stillbirth, and a range of lifelong disorders, known as fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs). There is no known safe time to drink alcohol during pregnancy. Drinking alcohol in the first three months of pregnancy can cause the baby to have abnormal facial features. Growth and central nervous system problems (e.g., low birthweight, behavioral problems) can occur from drinking alcohol anytime during pregnancy. The baby’s brain is developing throughout pregnancy and can be damaged at any time.
If a woman is drinking alcohol during pregnancy, it is never too late to stop. The sooner a woman stops drinking, the better it will be for both her baby and herself.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 1600 Clifton Rd. Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY:(888) 232-6348
http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/fasd/index.html
sickofit

Austin, MN

#275541 Jan 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that there are those who are just as Godless as you, and still find the killing on evolutions tinest things, to be a horrific thing, don't you?
Plus, if a country is not going to recognize a baby in the womb as a human, then that country should never charge anyone for the death of the baby in the womb, if the baby dies for any reason, as a result of their actions.
Anyway you slice it, it is a double standard. The very same ones who accuse pro lifers as being control freaks, are in FACT the control freaks themself.
They want it to be a baby if they say it is, or they want it to be equal to a tumor, that needs removing, so that the woman can get on with 'her ' life.
The reason the pro death people would fight so hard against a law, that said anything before birth is not human, is becouse the first pregnant lady that is just days away from delivery, that gets shot through the stomach by a stray bullet, and all the guy would get was recklous indangerment of "1" human life, then it becomes all to real that the bundle she carried was in fact a child.
I pray that one day people will look back and see how america was, and that the holucost was nothing compared to what we allowed to happen to soo many of our own people.
Your isnane...MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS NAZI..........YOUR RELIGION DEOSNTR ULE THIS NATION OR MY LIFE....Your cult is BS and it is 2013 time to grow up hitler boy...

Indianapolis

#275542 Jan 10, 2013
Kinda sad that we're killing off species so that future generations don't get to know them outside of history books. Humans? We're already overpopulated.

Baby humans have rights, which attach at birth--which is when they become babies.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea I know.
Kinda sad that a country protects baby birds, but not baby humans.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#275543 Jan 10, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say that every time a woman has sex she should expect to get pregnant. Being shocked that you've become pregnant, even though you're taking contraceptives or the man always uses condoms, still shouldn't shock any woman because having sex with a man always carries with it the possibility of pregnancy.
So the reality is no pregnany is truly 'unplanned' or 'unwanted'.
Any sexually active woman who is shocked by pregnancy is really either pretty naive about sex or just pretty stupid.
Given that not every act of vaginal sex results in pregnancy, even when nothing is done to prevent it, you're wrong.

Yes, a pregnancy can be both unplanned, and unwanted.

I had an unplanned pregnancy, but I chose to continue it, despite it coming at the worst possible time, and with pressure from some family and friends to have an abortion.

I made my own choice, and I fully support the right of every woman to do the same with her own pregnancy.

Beside, no one said anything about being shocked, and no one said anything about getting pregnant. We're talking about remaining so. Consent to have sex is not consent to carry any resulting pregnancy to term. No more than getting behind the wheel of a car is agreement to live with a resulting injury from an accident when there is a medical remedy for that injury. Not even if the accident is our own fault, do we have to do so.

Indianapolis

#275544 Jan 10, 2013
YOU'RE the one obsessed with kathwynn and male/male anal sex. You think of the latter more than I do.
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
A butt baby, youwould be famous. Be sure to call it kathy.

Indianapolis

#275545 Jan 10, 2013
How could it be? There are no posters with that name.
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a sarcastic shot at foomuffchew?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min VetnorsGate 1,643,647
News Man, Woman Die in Allentown Shooting: Police (Jul '15) 9 hr richturd kranidumb 11
News Valley View: Allentown's violent year 10 hr Phyllis 5
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) Wed weapon X 151
Ready to roll has terrible food!!!! Tue Wave Now Clap 2
News Lower Saucon Township Man, 58, Reported Missing... (Apr '07) Tue JCBB 95
News Man allegedly pimped heroin-addicted women ina Oct '17 weapon X 1

Catasauqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages