Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311329 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Seattle, WA

#275429 Jan 9, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "Even my granddaughters' rights"
You mean the two living granddaughters' rights, right? Cuz you surely don't mean your dead, aborted granddaughter's rights....
What dead aborted granddaughter do you think I have, NR? I've asked you before and you forget to answer. Which makes you sitting on a telephone wire while you're pants are on fire.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#275430 Jan 9, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
These baby-killers with their derogatory name calling are vulgar and obtuse. Their crass bigotry and persecution of young people is a blight upon humanity.
And a pox upon you

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#275431 Jan 9, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
I am speechless.
Liar.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#275432 Jan 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
FOAH That quote is in regard to someone else using the phrase "useless wad of cells". If I must elaborate further, the wad of cells that became your person have sure been useless and only gone forward to prove the other poster correct in her estimation.
You are moronic, personified.
Katie: "That quote is in regard to someone else using the phrase 'useless wad of cells'.
_________

Your quote makes it clear that that's the question you're responding to....

"No, I don't think calling fetuses in general "a useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone." - Katie

What is important to note is that you AGREE that "calling fetuses in general 'a useless was of cells' is belittling to anyone."

Location hidden

#275433 Jan 9, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Don't play the victim here--PC'ers aren't calling clinic patients vile names, or blowing up clinics, or shooting doctors. Those are YOUR people.
BTW--if shouting dissuades them from their activism, then they don't really give a damn.
<quoted text>
Typical Anti-Choicer: Ooo, the bad prochoicers yelled at me. My little feelings are hurt. I'm going home.~pout~

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#275434 Jan 9, 2013
Where to begin,,, where to begin.....
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#275435 Jan 9, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Cancer is natural. Nobody is saying pregnancy is wrong or a crime; it's a condition that is wanted or unwanted. One might consider pregnancy an injustice if it is due to rape, or if both partners use birth control and it fails. Whatever the motivation, it's the woman's right to abort if she wishes.
<quoted text>
Damn you're dumb. We've been over this many times. Cancer is abnormal...a disease.

Mankind was created to procreate via pregnancy. It is a normal part of what it is to be human.

You're a mess.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#275436 Jan 9, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: "That quote is in regard to someone else using the phrase 'useless wad of cells'.
_________
Your quote makes it clear that that's the question you're responding to....
"No, I don't think calling fetuses in general "a useless wad of cells" is belittling to anyone." - Katie
What is important to note is that you AGREE that "calling fetuses in general 'a useless was of cells' is belittling to anyone."
Is that your final answer?

Location hidden

#275437 Jan 9, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Why would anyone hit him? It's stupid behavior, but not worthy of violence.
<quoted text>
I'll do it. I'll smack him. Lol

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#275438 Jan 9, 2013
We're going to have to arrest a helluva lot of police officers, servicepeople, etc.
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has the right to kill anybody, anywhere.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#275439 Jan 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo doesn't care if I call later term pregnancies babies. She doesn't care what anyone calls their own ZEFs either. Your little attempt at divide and conquer is beyond teeny tiny, NR. It's right up there with what does matter. And that's size.
You guys are gung ho on criminalizing abortion, removing women's civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy all under the lame-O guise of "caring" for other women's ZEFs. It's disgusting. Each and every attempt you make at chipping away at my rights, my daughters' rights, even my granddaughters' rights will be met head on ugly for ugly, disgusting for disgusting. You wanna keep playing? We've gone round and round before. I'm ready again, Fim.
Katie: "Foo doesn't care if I call later term pregnancies babies. She doesn't care what anyone calls their own ZEFs either."

Foo referring to LynneD past post: "Did you shit TWO BABIES into that toilet? Did you fish TWO BABIES out of that toilet with a fish net? NO!!"

I dunno. Kinda looks like your assessment of Foo is inaccurate.

Nice try though. I like when you speak FOR foo. It shows you don't trust her ability to wiggle herself out of her own stupidity.

Next.........
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#275440 Jan 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that your final answer?
Katie: "Is that your final answer?"

Here was YOUR final answer =>

"No, I don't think calling fetuses in general 'a useless wad of cells' is belittling to anyone." - Katie

Location hidden

#275441 Jan 9, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
If girls and women think school or work is hard now, they should know that becoming a mother will be ten times harder. Many mothers and grandmothers don’t tell young girls and women in their family exactly how hard motherhood truly is, for reasons known only to them. I strongly disagree with the practice of keeping girls in ignorance of this. I believe they NEED to know what being a mother will require of them, so they can make an INFORMED decision about being a mother, even if it means some girls will decide not to be mothers at any point in their lives. That is just fine if some don't want to be mothers. Not all girls or women are suited to be moms, and choosing NOT to be a mother is just as valid as the choice to be one.
Some of the hardships mothers of all ages will face once a baby arrives include -- but are not limited to -- the following:
1. Loss of freedom
2. Loss of sleep
3. Loss of money
4. Loss of Education and Job/Career Opportunities
5. Loss of Mobility
6. Loss of Private Time
7. Dealing with colic
There is no escaping the fact that becoming a mother makes a girl’s/woman's life much HARDER and she loses most, if not all, of the benefits and comforts she had before she got pregnant. Too many girls/women are PRESSURED into having children by family members and/or religious community, and purposely aren't told just how very hard motherhood is until AFTER they have had a baby. I think it is high time that changed. If some girls/women decide they don't want the hardships of motherhood, that is fine. The choice for a woman to be childfree is just as valid and respectable as the choice to be a mother.
blah blah blah,,, not nearly as hard as you're making it out to be. In all of your posts (please keep in mind I read 1/10,,, maybe) not once, did I read the words "love for you child" because that my Sweet FAR outweighs anything you have to say about the hardships of motherhood. Love conquers it all.

So to all your future posts about the "oh how hard motherhood is.... blah blah blah blah blah"

To them I have one truthful thing to do about that...

YAWN!!

Location hidden

#275442 Jan 9, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately abortion guarantees the pregnancy won't go to term. Which is why abortion should be illegal. People do have the right to life. Irregardless of what some blood-crazed tyrant decides.
Gosh, too bad for you, the SCOTUS doesn't listen to impotent, raving little men.

Location hidden

#275444 Jan 9, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
HARDSHIP #4: LOSS OF EDUCATION AND JOB/CAREER OPPORTUNITIES - As hard as it is to acknowledge, a working mother of any age cannot have the same kind of freedom, flexibility or mobility as a woman without children has. If a girl cannot complete high school due to the demands of motherhood, she will not be able to go to college or vocational school, as both typically require a high school diploma first. That automatically limits her ability to find good employment, and she may well have to settle for a minimum wage job, which pays far less than what is needed to raise a child comfortably. Girls and women who complete high school may find that many jobs require a college degree or vocational school certificate, and without those, she may still not be able to get a job that pays a decent salary. A high school diploma alone is no guarantee of good employment, but all girls need one if they hope to advance to higher levels of education that their chosen job or career requires.
HARDSHIP #5: LOSS OF MOBILITY – Those who don’t have children have a rather naïve idea that parents can just as easily take a baby with them whenever they go out. They are half right. Yes, parents can take a baby out with them, but it is far from easy. Even going to the grocery store with a baby can be a huge hassle. First they have to get the baby dressed, which can be difficult when the little one is happy being home and doesn’t want to be dressed to go out. After getting baby dressed, which can take much longer than mom expected, mom then has to put baby into the car seat, get baby out of the car seat when she arrives at the store, then carry baby around until she can find a cart with an infant carrier. Most grocery stores have very few of those, as I personally discovered long ago. Some may not have any. Going to a restaurant with a baby can also be very stressful, especially if baby suddenly begins crying or screaming for unknown reasons. Mothers who walk into restaurants with screaming or crying babies will find themselves the object of hostile stares, which usually last until they finally have to leave.
I no longer have to use my sleeping aid, I have the literary equivalency to Valium! Thank you
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#275445 Jan 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What dead aborted granddaughter do you think I have, NR? I've asked you before and you forget to answer. Which makes you sitting on a telephone wire while you're pants are on fire.
Ask your daughters....you know, the ones you vehemently trained to practice their right to bodily autonomy...at all cost....even to the point of KILLING YOUR granddaughter.

TIA.

Location hidden

#275446 Jan 9, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
HARDSHIP #6: LOSS OF PRIVATE TIME – When a baby arrives, a mom will quickly find that she doesn’t have privacy any more. If she used to read books for hours with few or no interruptions, that will no longer be an option for her. If she is a teen mom who needs quiet time to complete her homework assignments or study for important final exams, that won’t be possible either. A baby will demand her attention many times during the day, so she won’t have private time for doing the things she enjoys or needs to complete.
HARDSHIP #7: DEALING WITH COLIC – For girls/women who are unaware, colic is a long period of crying, screaming and shrieking that can last for many hours a day, and even all night. It can begin when the baby is as young as three weeks old, and it can go on until the baby is five months old. My son had colic for almost two months as an infant. For me, it seemed more like two years. During that time, the crying usually began in the early evening and would last until past midnight. I would walk around the small apartment, carrying him in my arms, for hours trying to comfort him, but nothing I did really worked. He wouldn’t eat, and he most certainly didn’t sleep, and I was a wreck as a result. Being deprived of sleep, with a colicky baby on top of that, can really feel like torture for a mom after a while. I was no exception.
IMO girls and women really DO need to think about these and other hardships of motherhood, so they can make an INFORMED decision about it rather than making this choice in ignorance of the facts.
Oh crap,,, I am running the risk of overdosing... take it easy there Mr.Ms. Afraid of a Bit of Work...

I'll save the long ones for bed time, and the shorter ones for nap time.... If I read them all at once, I might not wake up again ((shiver))

Location hidden

#275447 Jan 9, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>I never thought you were anti-choice. I once commented that you posted that a woman's choice was between she and her God.
That's the position of all pro-choicers.
That and DoubleT ain't Christian either

He's a hater

Location hidden

#275448 Jan 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
See, BS just proved me right. They're arguing with Ocean ONLY because she's not promoting abstinence in the name of religion.
Wow, I learned something,,, Ocean's a she

Tank you kindly

Location hidden

#275449 Jan 9, 2013
Forum Mod wrote:
<quoted text>
Please refrain from the gratuitous name calling.
We reserve the right to remove posts containing personal attacks.
hahhahahhahahaha
hahhahaha

Alrightie then.

Listen up,, we've been told...
I'm so happy, that Forum Mod person sold me some land, I can hardly wait to vacation there! YIPEE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr OzRitz 1,394,923
News Vigil set in Allentown after Orlando club shooting 3 hr silly rabbit 15
News 'They were trying to help': Armed anti-heroin c... Jun 24 silly rabbit 2
Review: Majestic Interiors Inc (Feb '09) Jun 22 Chuck 35
silly rabbit is unemployed and uneducated (Apr '14) Jun 21 silly rabbit 55
News Sam Bennett announcing run for Allentown mayor Jun 21 INQUISITOR 1
silly rabbit speaks irrational nonsense and gib... (May '14) Jun 18 silly rabbit 66
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages