Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311629 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#273761 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you like to be witness to your kids getting their asses kicked because oh no, they can't lie! Have fun dealing with all their tears and injuries.... but at least you can say, on your high horse, that your children don't lie!
Give yourself a pat on the back, you parent of the year you!
Exactly. She's so full of shit. She just can't admit she MIGHT be wrong, and in this case - she is.
Gtown71

United States

#273762 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
Truth be told, I wasn't really reading about the exchange between you and foofoo, I was just speaking of my own experiences. Alright, good point on shielding them, I don't blame you for that, I would too. Alrighty then, in the future I won't jump into a convo I haven't been paying much attention to. BUT, about the lying to kids part, I do that too, they do it. Big lies? I hope not, but I did it to my parents, and I'm not going to assume it won't be done to me.
I still don't think that honesty is the best policy in a lot of cases. Again, I guess it depends on the circumstances!
Yes, everyone lies at one point or another, and being honest at all times is not always the best pollicy.

This again, is the entire reason we need a once and for all sin covering. Christ Jesus :)

King Saul wanted to kill David, so David and Sauls son Jonathon lied to Saul, to find out if He still wanted to kill him.

We all lie -we all sin -that doesn't mean we should throw in the towel and go all out.
Do as well as you can, but being good enough for heaven can Never be reached on one on self. We all need to be born again.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#273763 Jan 2, 2013
Yeah, it's fascinating how born, living people can do more than fetuses (regardless of their status.) When a fetus gets pregnant, let me know.
WHO CARES wrote:
Isn't it amazing that WE who have already been born and avoided being ABORTED can think it is OK to ABORT a child, fetus, whatever you want to call it ????

Location hidden

#273764 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of faith teaches that children are born pure and innocent, so it is ok to kill the pure and innocent, before they arrive?
The discussion was about the CHRISTIAN concept of "original sin" but if you want to try to mix the two sure!

The Jewish faith does not believe that a fetus is a "human" or "human being" or "NEFESH" (person) until born. NOBODY said its "okay" to kill anything, but we dont look at abortion that way. But you know this.
Funny how you believe babies are born gay, but not sinners.
Ummm, WTF are you babbling about now?

Since being gay is not a sin, your comparison is like saying "its a sin to be born with brown hair".@@
Did you go to build a god, and well, build your own god?
Uh no. Its another faith. You might have heard of it: Judiasm.
If people are not born with Sin, and are not born, knowing how to lie, then it would be impossible, for them to teach others, what we have no clue about.
Kinda like you, trying to teach a christian how to live.
You have decided what is and what is not sin, according to your lifestyle.
You are your own god.
I geuss the easiest thing to do, when lying to yourself, and others, is to try and call all others lyimg :)
Wow. You're not only a moron about your own claim to have been an athiest, and now you're a bigger moron about ANOTHER faith.

Why do your kind revel in your ignorance about OTHER faiths?

Indianapolis

#273765 Jan 2, 2013
How litigious are you?
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how people pick such approperate names to choose! Could this jerk have piced any name more appropriate than "how pathetic"!!!!!!

Location hidden

#273766 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, you call everyone who is not all for killing babies a liar.
You also say, that person is so intollerant, and I hate him for that. Lol
oximoron.
You say people are not born with sin, but they are taught by other people?!?!?
I geuss it was those "other people " who were born knowing how to sin?
I would rather you and others hate me, and me tell you the truth, other then being a fake friend "which you have many ",who want to hold your hand all the way to hell, while singing amazing grace.
Maybe you should think about it.
You are a murderer, by association.
you may not have cut the baby out, but you are just fine with the one who did, plus you take time, to promote the death of a live human.
ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Okay Bs'hitter. You're reverting to form again. TOO funny!!

Location hidden

#273767 Jan 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Headline News.
We break into our normal programing, to tell you about a horrific massicure.
Not sure of the total, but some say thay it could reach as high as 3000 or more, All killed today, by a blood hungry, money loving doctor.... oh no, just in, we are hearing even more horrible news. Our sources say, that the mothers of these poor sweet children may have been involved with their murders /did I just read that right Tony? Yes Sherry, you did. Our people are now confiming, that it was indeed, the mother and the doctor, whom set this whole thing up.
Under normal circumstances, the death penalty, would be given, but lucky for these guys, they live in the great u s a, so nothing whatsoever will be done, atleast not here on earth.
Well Tony, for all involved sakes -let us "pray ",that there is No god.m
Back to our normal show.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAA!!

Damn, its a COMEDY!

What a putz you are! ROFLMAO!!!!
huskerDu

United States

#273768 Jan 2, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet little kids and babies look into foo's beady eyes & cry. They probably avoid her like the plague. They can sense her psychological 'offness' and abject disdain for them. She hates young human beings TO DEATH.
Very true!
Gtown71

United States

#273769 Jan 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
To answer your question, I said many women don't WANT your 19th-century "woman's sphere" nonsense, which the 19th and 20th century feminists fought so hard to CHANGE for women.
Furthermore, I said I would be miserable living that way, and I have NO doubt whatsoever that many other women would be miserable living under such oppressive conditions as well. If my saying that causes problems for you, too bad.
What you see as oppression, others see as freedom.
I'm 41 years old, and started dating my now wife at age 14 -we were married when I was 19, and still are (by the Grace of God).

I have not always been a great husband.
I was a sad case for years, only (HAPPY) during certain times, or for a few momments during a drink, or if I popped a (HAPPY) pill, but regaudless of what you think Jesus Christ changed my life in 2000. I still am not always (Happy), but Godliness, with contentment is great gain (AND THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES ME GODLY), is having God live inside of me. Yet even before I was saved, or no time during our marriage, did I ask my wife to cook me the first meal.

If she did cook, great, if not then I cooked.
I've done most of the cooking in our marriage.

I don't treat my wife like I own her.
I don't.
She is a gift from God.

Plus, as far as the sin thing.
you can say what you want, and so can any doctor, but if we are not born with it, it is kinda hard to teach it to kids later in life.

We are all sinners, and if we die in our sins, then we pay for them.
One sin equals eternity.

Jesus died for our sins, and those who realize they are sinners, and turn to Him shall be saved.

It is All about Him.
No matter how many people say otherwise.

Location hidden

#273770 Jan 2, 2013
chooselife wrote:
<quoted text>
if stupid women kept their legs closed they wouldnt have to worry about raising the kids or aborting them to begin with.
And if men got vasectomies or kept it in their pants, the same can be said.

Location hidden

#273771 Jan 2, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak for yourself, liar. You don't speak for everyone and your little article didn't prove anything.
Actually it did. Carry on Lyin Lynne.

Location hidden

#273772 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>If stupid men could keep their dicks in their pants no one would have to worry about raising the kids or aborting them to begin with.
LOL GTMA! I should have read ahead!

Location hidden

#273773 Jan 2, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
Small children will lie because they're unsure how their parents will react to the truth when they've done something wrong, and they know they've done something wrong. Toddlers are well aware when they're doing what they shouldn't be doing. If they touch something and it breaks and mom or dad ask them if they broke it, 9 times out of 10 the child will instinctively say they didn't.
How parents react when their child does something wrong is the example that teaches the child whether telling the truth is better for them in the long run than lying is. Good parents react positively to small children who tell the truth.
Parents as Foo describes obviously don't teach their children that honesty is the best policy.
Children learn to lie to begin with, because they see their parents doing it. That's a FACT.

Lying is NOT always a bad thing, there are times when its necessary, and a good parent will teach the child about that.

Of COURSE honestly is the best policy, but its NOT an absolute.

Come on Lynne, you lie incessently and EVERYONE knows it, you'd be a good poster child for "dont let this happen to you" when it comes to speaking to a child about lying.

Location hidden

#273774 Jan 2, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I can say that none of your examples was realistic in my parenting of my kids. I was honest with them according to their ability to understand. Going to the dentist DIDN'T hurt my kids, because they didn't have cavities, because they were diligent in brushing their teeth. When something bad happened, I never said "it'll be okay". I said THEY would be okay, because they would be, their father and I would make sure of it. You're such a pathological liar, you don't even understand how to be honest with children, and do it in such a way that they benefit from it and aren't harmed by it.
The "damn liar" here is you. You're an ignorant buffoon if you think otherwise.
ROFLMAO Lynne, you're so full of shit. You're no different than anyone else. OH and BTW, being diligent in brushing their teeth isn't a guarantee against cavities.

Sorry. We all didn't have the "perfect" kids you did.@@ ROFLMAO!

Location hidden

#273775 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Gonna have to disagree with you LL. However a child learns to lie, they lie. Everyone lies, plain and simple. To deny that is a lie, plain and simple.
Exactly.

Indianapolis

#273776 Jan 2, 2013
Obviously you are a man; only an intolerant man would presume women are to frigging stupid to understand what an abortion is.

FACTS:
A woman is not a mother unless she has born children, either through birth, adoption, etc. Being pregnant means being a mother-to-be--IF you choose to carry to term.

Not everyone equates fetuses with born hildren--certainly the constitution doesn't. Fetal homicide laws refer only to abrogation of the woman's wishes; they cannnot grant legal status to the fetus.

Science in fact does nor count any fetus as a member of its potential species.

Nobody tries to prevent a woman from getting a sonogram; the objection is to make them have one against their will. There is plenty of information about the potential after-effects of abortion. However, abortion doesn't usually cause depression. And why don't PLM'ers ever talk about post-partum depression.

The vast bulk of PP's income and work has nothing to do with abortion. BTW--they are a non-profit.
Right Wing Conspiracy wrote:
Thankfully through education and science more and more women are learning the cold hard truth about abortion. In every case an abortion involves the mother killing her child and they can never get them back after they make that permanent decision.
Pro-abortionists will try to block them from this knowledge. Whether they are trying to block legislation like Lacey's law which identifies a fetus as a human life (science supports that and why do they try to punish the women choosing not to have an abortion?), or prevent them from seeing a sonogram (where they can view the heartbeat of the child that's inside them), or deny the reports many women make of their abortion causing them depression.
Hopefully, the word will keep getting out, and women will be aware of the true consequences and just stop choosing to get abortions. Abortion clinics closing down due to lack of business would be a great thing. Not very profitable for groups like Planned Parenthood though.

Indianapolis

#273777 Jan 2, 2013
There are a half-million kids available for adoption in this country; they just aren't all white newborns. If you are fixed on only a perfect little white baby, you probably aren't mature enough to adopt. No woman should feel responsible for bearing an unwanted child for a picayune pair or parent-wannabe's.

When dear-old-dad can take over the pregnancy, he gets a voice IF that choice is to be pregnant in her stead.
jeff wrote:
<quoted text>Seems to there are so many familys anxious to adopt a baby, so anxious the supply here is limited, so they must go buy one in some hole, it would be nice to see more American babies available for adoption, oh well there are those who feel it's murder to abort and those who think it a privacy issue, sadly the other responisible party has no say, dear old dad doesn't count in your world, oh well

Indianapolis

#273778 Jan 2, 2013
People can get sterilizedif they so choose. However, doctors are leery of doing it becaus it is very difficult to reverse and there have been many lawsuits from people who regretted their decisions.
AmICrazy wrote:
Why is abortion so acceptable, yet sterilization is not even mentioned? I am 100% Pro-Life but have no problem with a doctor sterilizing a consenting adult who is a terrible parent/drug abuser/child abuser, felons, chronic unemployed, etc. and medical insurance should pick up the tab. Explain to me where am I wrong!!! Why wait until they carry a life? BTW, I'm for any enticement necessary to get their consent, including $$$. This would surely cut down on the foster/unwanted children situation. As far as the death penalty, I'm against it, period. Why would anybody in their right mind trust the worst legal system in the world (U.S. legal system) with someone's life. Life imprisonment at best.
Gtown71

United States

#273779 Jan 2, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> And if men got vasectomies or kept it in their pants, the same can be said.
I agree, but why do you feel to aknowledge the "man " at all, since it is all about the woman and her choice.

Location hidden

#273780 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Again, not every kid is blessed with good genes for perfect teeth. Now you're equating not lying to your children because the dentist didn't hurt for them because they brushed their teeth??!!(BTW just because a child brushes diligently, didn't always give them a pass for no cavities)
When something bad happened, I always said that eventually it'll be okay. What kind of sh*t did your children do to where you COULDN'T say that everything would be okay, and that "they" would be okay? I'm picturing some pretty bad stuff LL. Stuff where "other" people wouldn't be okay. DANG!
**sighs** So just go ahead and speak for me dear. You do it so well, that way I dont have to read ahead anymore.

Just come up with a SN like RCFoofoo would ya? LOL!!!

I remember my grandfather having a heart attack when I was I think 8 or 9? My mom telling me it would be okay and I simply never saw him again. It wasn't okay, but in retrospect, they didn't KNOW themselves back then, and it was simply what parents said to kids, and maybe also to ease themselves, y'know?

And lets be honest, parents lie in other ways all the time. They lie by omission for example. "Cummon kids, we're going to visit your Great Auntie Sophie, she's 97 years old, and will show to how to fold your linen napkins into perfect 90 degree angles. It'll be FUN!" LOL! How many kids at an early age think mommy and daddy have a squirrelly idea of what's "fun"? LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 32 min Susanm 1,420,898
News Rite Aid opens in Allentown 5 hr silly rabbit 1
News Allentown celebrates state grant to boost Seven... (Apr '07) 8 hr silly rabbit 4
News Allentown to install camera network (May '07) 8 hr silly rabbit 58
News Allentown Police Department unit to target gangs (May '07) 10 hr silly rabbit 22
News Lightning torches building at abandoned Allento... Mon silly rabbit 5
News Farmer suffered severe arm injury Mon coalbilly musings 1

Catasauqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages