Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310974 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#273735 Jan 1, 2013
Small children will lie because they're unsure how their parents will react to the truth when they've done something wrong, and they know they've done something wrong. Toddlers are well aware when they're doing what they shouldn't be doing. If they touch something and it breaks and mom or dad ask them if they broke it, 9 times out of 10 the child will instinctively say they didn't.

How parents react when their child does something wrong is the example that teaches the child whether telling the truth is better for them in the long run than lying is. Good parents react positively to small children who tell the truth.

Parents as Foo describes obviously don't teach their children that honesty is the best policy.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#273736 Jan 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you MORON, that IS the way EVERYONE raised their kids, and it doesn't make them bad parents.
Grow the fk up Inkstain and welcome to the REAL world.
You going to claim your kids NEVER heard you make an excuse to someone that wasnt 100% truthful? You didn't tell them going to the dentist wouldn't hurt, or wouldn't hurt much? Didn't tell them the needle wouldn't hurt? Didn't tell them "it'll be okay" when something bad happened, and it WASNT going to be okay?
You're not only a liar if you claim you didn't do these things, you're a DAMN liar.
I can say that none of your examples was realistic in my parenting of my kids. I was honest with them according to their ability to understand. Going to the dentist DIDN'T hurt my kids, because they didn't have cavities, because they were diligent in brushing their teeth. When something bad happened, I never said "it'll be okay". I said THEY would be okay, because they would be, their father and I would make sure of it. You're such a pathological liar, you don't even understand how to be honest with children, and do it in such a way that they benefit from it and aren't harmed by it.

The "damn liar" here is you. You're an ignorant buffoon if you think otherwise.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#273737 Jan 1, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"...the FACT is that parents teach their kids to lie. Its a FACT, YOU did it, we ALL have done it."
Speak for yourself, liar. You don't speak for everyone and your little article didn't prove anything.
You're full of shit and it's obvious you were a parent who taught her child to lie, because you don't know the first thing about telling the truth. You lie so much you believe your lies are the truth, and there's not a doubt in my mind that you taught your daughter to be the same way. I'm talking about things you post that are proven to be lies. Something you have tried to accuse me of doing but not one pro-choicer has been able to prove that's true. You try, but what you claim is proof is ridiculous.
Many of us were parents who did not encourage our children to lie, but instead taught them to be honest POLITELY. Also taught them that honesty would never be punished. If they didn't like the way something tasted, mine were taught to be polite about it, even if they didn't like it. They're now teaching their own children the same thing. "Being nice" doesn't equal telling a lie. Children are honest and will say that someone looks scary if their face is burned, for example. But that's when good parents teach them about being compassionate because of what the person suffered. They don't have to lie and say the person is pretty if they don't think the person is. But they can be taught that they don't have to say anything at all in front of the person, which could hurt that person's feelings.
You don't know anything about that sort of thing and you prove that through the vicious things you say to people here. People who only state a truth; that women who had abortions had their developing child in utero killed, doesn't justify people like you sayinjg the abusive lies you say about them.
I never made excuses to get off the phone; never called in sick from work when I wasn't sick; and if something was going to hurt my children like a shot, I told them it would hurt. I said it would hurt but it wouldn't last long, which was the truth. Certain truths children should be shielded from and that's not lying, it's protecting their innocence and their emotions.
You're such a pathological and abusive liar, proven endlessly here, that you even talking about parents teaching their children to lie as being "human" is just you making what you have done with yours obvious, and making your ignorance about all this just as obvious.
Children aren't taught to lie by their parents necessarily, but often by other children whose parents lie and taught them by example how to lie. Like the friends of your daughter likely learning how to lie from your daughter, who learned it because of the example you were. An example you display here everyday through the lies you post.
You don't know anything about any topic you post on and have to Google information about everything, because you haven't got the experience you'd like everyone here to believe you have on the topics you post about.
Gonna have to disagree with you LL. However a child learns to lie, they lie. Everyone lies, plain and simple. To deny that is a lie, plain and simple.

Location hidden

#273738 Jan 1, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
Small children will lie because they're unsure how their parents will react to the truth when they've done something wrong, and they know they've done something wrong. Toddlers are well aware when they're doing what they shouldn't be doing. If they touch something and it breaks and mom or dad ask them if they broke it, 9 times out of 10 the child will instinctively say they didn't.
How parents react when their child does something wrong is the example that teaches the child whether telling the truth is better for them in the long run than lying is. Good parents react positively to small children who tell the truth.
Parents as Foo describes obviously don't teach their children that honesty is the best policy.
Honesty is not always the best policy, to say otherwise, is a lie. C'mon, be realistic! Seriously. Look at the circumstances before making a blanket statement like that. Again, honesty is NOT always the best policy.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#273739 Jan 1, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>I have been! lol
I have one if I want it. Nepotism, because I've been out of the work force (like always), that's my only hope! lol
I know, I know, I'm just as surprised by that as you are!
Lol, more power to you. Happy birthday, by the way!

Location hidden

#273740 Jan 1, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I can say that none of your examples was realistic in my parenting of my kids. I was honest with them according to their ability to understand. Going to the dentist DIDN'T hurt my kids, because they didn't have cavities, because they were diligent in brushing their teeth. When something bad happened, I never said "it'll be okay". I said THEY would be okay, because they would be, their father and I would make sure of it. You're such a pathological liar, you don't even understand how to be honest with children, and do it in such a way that they benefit from it and aren't harmed by it.
The "damn liar" here is you. You're an ignorant buffoon if you think otherwise.
Again, not every kid is blessed with good genes for perfect teeth. Now you're equating not lying to your children because the dentist didn't hurt for them because they brushed their teeth??!!(BTW just because a child brushes diligently, didn't always give them a pass for no cavities)

When something bad happened, I always said that eventually it'll be okay. What kind of sh*t did your children do to where you COULDN'T say that everything would be okay, and that "they" would be okay? I'm picturing some pretty bad stuff LL. Stuff where "other" people wouldn't be okay. DANG!

Location hidden

#273741 Jan 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Lol, more power to you. Happy birthday, by the way!
Thank you!

Location hidden

#273742 Jan 1, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
When something bad happened, I never said "it'll be okay". I said THEY would be okay, because they would be, their father and I would make sure of it.
Too bad for the other kids/people, huh? At least YOUR kids would be okay....

Location hidden

#273743 Jan 1, 2013
Gotta get up early for my job! YAHOO!

(oops,, sorry, I lied, I don't have one yet, but I don't want people to know how useless I feel so I lied, I hope that doesn't bite me in the ass later on when it's obvious I don't have one)

Hey everybody! I have a challenge for ya. Who here hasn't lied about ANYTHING to where they can actually get on their high horse and state how bad it is to lie.

GO.....

wait wait,, let me begin by stating that Rachel isn't my real name, it's Grace! Now go.....

Location hidden

#273744 Jan 1, 2013
Gotta go to bed cause I'm tired, and have to be up early!

(oops, another lie, the truth is that I'm bored with this, and just want to go..sorry, and I don't care if anyone's feelings are hurt by this new found epiphany because we all know this place is never boring or repetitive).. oops, another lie! F*CK ME, I JUST CAN'T STOP!

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#273745 Jan 1, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Gonna have to disagree with you LL. However a child learns to lie, they lie. Everyone lies, plain and simple. To deny that is a lie, plain and simple.
That's not what Foo said, and my post was based on what she said. Foo said (parents) teach their kids to lie and that's not true except for those parents who lie to their kids, like she did.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#273746 Jan 1, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Honesty is not always the best policy, to say otherwise, is a lie. C'mon, be realistic! Seriously. Look at the circumstances before making a blanket statement like that. Again, honesty is NOT always the best policy.
Honesty is not the best policy? Really? You think small children who have good and loving parents should be lying because honesty isn't always best for them? How do you figure that?

I was talking about honesty being the best policy for them, when they do something wrong.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#273747 Jan 1, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Again, not every kid is blessed with good genes for perfect teeth. Now you're equating not lying to your children because the dentist didn't hurt for them because they brushed their teeth??!!(BTW just because a child brushes diligently, didn't always give them a pass for no cavities)
When something bad happened, I always said that eventually it'll be okay. What kind of sh*t did your children do to where you COULDN'T say that everything would be okay, and that "they" would be okay? I'm picturing some pretty bad stuff LL. Stuff where "other" people wouldn't be okay. DANG!
Holy cow, RC, go to bed already because you're not understanding a thing you're reading.

I was using Foo's examples and personalizing them to show that she was the one making blanket statements about all parents teaching their kids to lie by showing them the example of lying. She used the example of dentist and I never lied to my children about the dentist or what they'd experience there.

As for the part I stated about bad things and not saying "it'll be okay" but that they would be okay; read the post I was responding to. It was about really bad things that happen in life, from what I understood. NOT about anything THEY would do wrong.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#273748 Jan 1, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad for the other kids/people, huh? At least YOUR kids would be okay....
That's not what I was saying, but it's obvious you weren't reading what was said, but reading into it whatever you wanted to see.

If, for example, I was responsible for small children again when the shooting happened recently that killed 1st graders, I would NOT be telling them anything about it. That's not lying to them, it's shielding them, for their own benefit. IF they found out somehow and questioned me, I'd be honest with them in answering their questions, and answer based on their ability to understand, and would let them know that THEY would be okay and not to worry.

I wouldn't lie and say "it'll be okay", because something like that never will be okay, the kids who were killed won't be okay and their parents never will be "okay" the same way again.

Great example you displayed of misreading each post I wrote.

Location hidden

#273749 Jan 1, 2013
Truth be told, I wasn't really reading about the exchange between you and foofoo, I was just speaking of my own experiences. Alright, good point on shielding them, I don't blame you for that, I would too. Alrighty then, in the future I won't jump into a convo I haven't been paying much attention to. BUT, about the lying to kids part, I do that too, they do it. Big lies? I hope not, but I did it to my parents, and I'm not going to assume it won't be done to me.

I still don't think that honesty is the best policy in a lot of cases. Again, I guess it depends on the circumstances!

Location hidden

#273750 Jan 2, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>I was using Foo's examples and personalizing them to show that she was the one making blanket statements about all parents teaching their kids to lie by showing them the example of lying. She used the example of dentist and I never lied to my children about the dentist or what they'd experience there.
Well there, we differ on that then, because I would lie otherwise good luck getting them seated if you didn't. Needles too. They suck I say, but more often than not, they don't hurt. AND I do believe that.

IMO I really do think parents teach their kids to lie, of course they do. By teaching if you mean observing.. YOU BET! No way in heck would I admit that I just didn't want to see the in-laws cause I have better things to do or that I just don't want to. Am I going to say I'm not feeling well? Yup! Are my kids going to see me laughing, dancing, doing fun things a 'well' person does? Yup.

At the same time, did they see me spare my in-laws hurt feelings? Yup.
Is there going to be peace in the family because I lied? Yup.

Pick your battles I say. Everyone lies, and a kid will learn it. Learned by movies, friends, siblings, parents, grand parents... yup ... wait for it.... keep waiting... here it comes....

cause to get by, you have to lie! lol

Location hidden

#273751 Jan 2, 2013
Now about the time I had a brand new car, let a friend drive it and you betcha, got into an accident. Wiped out a whole fence.... and yup, I said I was driving.

Little did I know......

Then there was the time a friend lived in our house for months, and my parents didn't even know...

Drugs? Nope, couldn't lie about that, the cup full of pee would have tipped them off.

Report cards? OMG don't get me started.....

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#273752 Jan 2, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
Gotta get up early for my job! YAHOO!
(oops,, sorry, I lied, I don't have one yet, but I don't want people to know how useless I feel so I lied, I hope that doesn't bite me in the ass later on when it's obviouos I don't have one)
Hey everybody! I have a challenge for ya. Who here hasn't lied about ANYTHING to where they can actually get on their high horse and state how bad it is to lie.
GO.....
wait wait,, let me begin by stating that Rachel isn't my real name, it's Grace! Now go.....
Everybody lies, literally.

Location hidden

#273753 Jan 2, 2013
A healthy meal would be on the tab, but little did my folks know, the cafeteria worker gave me chocolate bars in place of that healthy meal,,, worked out to be the same price. I'd sign my name and eat junk food. And to think I thought they liked me.

Yup, it's no wonder I can't stand junk food now,,,
so my advice to parents out there, if you want your kid to eat healthy as an adult, force feed them junk food between the ages of 8 and 12!

Location hidden

#273754 Jan 2, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> Everybody lies, literally.
literally!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) 3 hr silly rabbit 68
Not Hillary Please 3 hr silly rabbit 4
Vote For Donald Trump 3 hr silly rabbit 3
News 15th Street rental project goes before Allentow... 9 hr silly rabbit 5
News Great Allentown Cleanups seeks volunteers 13 hr Richard Kranium 2
News Olympus Corporation Promotes Donna Miller to He... Sun Ainu 14
News Lehigh Commissioners push LCA on lead levels Apr 30 silly rabbit 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages