Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#273638 Jan 1, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Well heck...sorry 'bout that Rach!
Happy--"belated"--B- Day luv, and a Happy New Year to you and yours!
:)
Between Christmas and New Years, most people forget,,, even I do sometimes.. but thank you
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273639 Jan 1, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, this is where we are, this is what we're experiencing and this is the only life we know of for sure. Why wast some of it waiting for something better that may not actually exist?
Do you think Muslim martyrs really get 70 virgins after death? Yet they killed themselves based on that belief. The here and now is what matters.
To go through your post I would say that, this is the only life we know but we do know of a life promised after this one is ended which you can choose to believe or not and I don't believe nor would I suggest 'wasting' even one minute of this life.

I don't understand the martyr thing. If it was Mohammed's idea, I don't know what he was thinking.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#273640 Jan 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. Complete garbage. Kids will NOT lie without being taught. Kids are NOT born knowing how to lie.
<quoted text>
Bullshit. Again, nonsense. Kids WILL be kids and MIGHT do something like take a piece of gum, but the average kid wont do it more than once if they've been TAUGHT that its not right to steal.
Kids are NOT born knowing how to steal.
<quoted text>
One can be taught ABOUT religion, can be taught HOW to be religious, but one can not be taught how to have faith and they can't be taught how to FEEL faith.
People find their way to G-d in their own way.
FooManSpew: "Kids are NOT born knowing how to steal."

Who taught you check fraud?

Who taught you how to hate & kill?

FooManSpew: "To hell with the embryo or fetus...'rip him apart, crush his skull, squich his beating heart.'"

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
____

NR: "Preborn baby is clearly affected by abortion...to death."

FooManSpew: "Yes dear, that IS the point of abortion."

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273641 Jan 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you play deliberately stupid REALLY REALLY well!
Thanks, that's really really sweet of you to say.

Location hidden

#273642 Jan 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Um .... nothing to do with what you wrote above.
Just wanna wish you a Happy Birthday late :)
Thank you Katie!:D

Location hidden

#273643 Jan 1, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor have I. Did you have a nice Boxing Day?
Was travelling, and yes, it was fun! Had a ball actually, you?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#273644 Jan 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Been around little kids my whole life. Again, kids are not born to lie, they are TAUGHT to lie.
FooManSpew: "Been around little kids my whole life"

Of course you have. You're a deathscort, after all.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#273646 Jan 1, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>once in a while NR, once in a while. lol
"Man, my blood clots itch." - Hillary Clinton
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#273647 Jan 1, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
FooManSpew: "Been around little kids my whole life"
Of course you have. You're a deathscort, after all.
Sometimes she makes me wonder if she has ever even seen a young child.
Gtown71

United States

#273648 Jan 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. Complete garbage. Kids will NOT lie without being taught. Kids are NOT born knowing how to lie.
<quoted text>
Bullshit. Again, nonsense. Kids WILL be kids and MIGHT do something like take a piece of gum, but the average kid wont do it more than once if they've been TAUGHT that its not right to steal.
Kids are NOT born knowing how to steal.
<quoted text>
One can be taught ABOUT religion, can be taught HOW to be religious, but one can not be taught how to have faith and they can't be taught how to FEEL faith.
People find their way to G-d in their own way.
If people are NOT BORN SINNERS, then HOW IS A KID TAUGHT HOW TO SIN???

IS IT SOMETHING, THAT APPEARS LATER???

NO, WE ARE BORN SINNERS.
STEALING GUM, OR STEALING A CAR IS STILL STEALING.

The punishment is not the same on earth, but stealing is stealing.

Have you ever stole anything? Anything? What does that make you?
Have you ever lied? What does that make you?
Have you ever uses Gods name in vain?
Lusted
Been disobedient to parents?

Make the list, and hopefully, you will see that you need a savior.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#273649 Jan 1, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
And a very Happy New Year to you too "NR!"
I see you've lost neither your penchants for non-sequiturs, nor cruelty.
There are a good many folks on here who vow to "pray" for those whom they consider "lost" or "wayward" souls. Though I personally don't put too much stock in things of that sort, I'll personally "hope" that you'll eventually outgrow or otherwise "shed" such traits--as the only purpose they're serving is to get you make others as miserable as you are.
Please, before you get yourself all worked up and launch into yet another tedious diatribe against myself, "Foo," "Katie," "Moon," "La," "Bitner," "C-D," "Elise," and everyone else whom does not happen to share your(rather bizarre,) philosophy, let's pause a moment and consider exactly what things might be like should you get your wish.
Okay, as of this moment on, all abortions(for whatever reason) are illegal, PP has been disbanded, and now all those "pre-born" you're allegedly so concerned about, are free to "live."
Exactly how long is is going to be before you and others like are going to start bitching and complaining about your tax-dollars going to subsidize all these "unplanned," "unwanted" children?
How long before the epithets of "Welfare Babies," and "Baby-Mamas" are freely tossed about with undisguised loathing?
Of course it's only "loose" women and "immoral" men who happen to experience "unwanted pregnancies." That sort of thing never happens in nice, stable, "moral" households. Nor is there ever a case where carrying a pregnancy to term could risk the health/life of the mother, or a case of whether a doctor should make the agonizing choice of whom to save...mother, or fetus.
Yes, "NR," those scenarios would "never" come to pass should you get your wish. Once abortion was made illegal, and banished from this land, unwanted/unintended pregnancies would immediately cease. Premarital sex would disappear forever, and everyone would immediately, unreservedly subscribe to your system of beliefs, and follow them in a manner "you" felt was appropriate.
What a "world" that would be...
Once again, Happy New Year "NR."
Best.
JK
There were Holocaust logistical challenges after Nazis were stopped from executing them (Where will prisoners live, be fed, etc.)

But.

I think most would concede that those challenges were small compared to saving the lives of Jews, et. al.

Wouldn't you agree, JohnK?

Hmmmm?

May your 2013 be filled w/ avoiding the promotion of executing preborn babies.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#273650 Jan 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
To go through your post I would say that, this is the only life we know but we do know of a life promised after this one is ended which you can choose to believe or not and I don't believe nor would I suggest 'wasting' even one minute of this life.
I don't understand the martyr thing. If it was Mohammed's idea, I don't know what he was thinking.
No, we don't "know" that a life is promised after this one. Anyone is free to believe there is, but we don't "know" at all if it was really promised. We don't even know for certain that Jesus was real, or if he really was the Son of God. What if he was just a charismatic guy with delusions of grandeur and a whole religion is based on his delusions?

Christianity is not the first religion to come up the pike. There have been thousands of religious beliefs throughout the course of recorded history, and every one of them believed they knew the score. Every one of them thought they were right and everyone else was wrong.

I'm sure the Muslims believe what they're taught just as strongly as you believe what you were taught. Many of them believe it strong enough to sacrifice their lives. The nuts at Waco believed some crackpot cult leader enough to drink cyanide. The Mormons believe their head guy was a prophet and how many women are living in some shitty polygamy community because of it? Yet while you're thinking your beliefs are the correct ones so are millions of other people who are following many other religions.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#273651 Jan 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes she makes me wonder if she has ever even seen a young child.
I bet little kids and babies look into foo's beady eyes & cry. They probably avoid her like the plague. They can sense her psychological 'offness' and abject disdain for them. She hates young human beings TO DEATH.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#273652 Jan 1, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Was travelling, and yes, it was fun! Had a ball actually, you?
Very nice, thank you.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#273653 Jan 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Feces can't think outside the box.
Ink: "Feces can't think outside the box."

Put Feces in a crap sandwich. Bitner & Junket will fight to take him out of the box.
Gtown71

United States

#273654 Jan 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> Yes.
<quoted text> Daily.
<quoted text>
Gee, look, BS'hitter is lying again. I certainly DO see things as sinful. You lying about me outright as you do is sinful. But you likely think that's okay, since you're being a Jackass for Jesus.
One can teach religion, one cannot teach FAITH or SPIRITUALITY. Your jebus is meaningless to a huge part of our population.
If you think you're an example of a good chrisitan, you're only fooling yourself.
You saying what kind of christian I am, would be the same, if I traveled to outer space, and told an alien, that it was a bad example of an alien.

It is hard to criticize, what you have no clue about.
Untill you are born again (which is spiritual), then you can't even begin to understand what a real christan is.
Katies Granddaughter

Chicago, IL

#273655 Jan 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoever is posting as Gtown seems to've run out of original stories. It's just my opinion, yet all Gtown's stories remind me of a cross between JM, Triple L, and Seattle Vehix. Becouse, y'know?
"Grandma? Why did you tell my mommy to kill me? I thought you were supposed to love me. Grandma? Why did you do it?"

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#273656 Jan 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No they are not taught to lie. What parent teaches his toddler to lie?.
ALL parents teach their children to lie you moron.

AGAIN, children are a blank slate. They are not BORN knowing how or WHEN to lie.

Parents lie all the time, and think their kids dont know they're lying. Daddy calls out "sick" from work, Mommy cuts a phone call short by saying dinner's burning, telling the inlaws they can't come for dinner because the baby's sick, etc ....

Do your kind REALLY think kids are born with "sin" IN them? What complete bullshit.

Children LEARN to lie, they're NOT born with it, and they learn it from the adults around them.

http://nymag.com/news/features/43893/

In FACT, kids are MORE likely to be born with GOOD morals. The small child that tells grandma he can't stand how her food tastes because he's being honest, is TAUGHT that its better to tell her a "white lie" and pretend to enjoy it.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#273657 Jan 1, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink: "Feces can't think outside the box."
Put Feces in a crap sandwich. Bitner & Junket will fight to take him out of the box.
Puddles! As always, when you are left bereft of any intelligent discourse, you resort to childish jabs. Must s-ck to be you.

Happy New Year!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#273658 Jan 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't call you a liar, as you so easily do others, but I will just say, that you are wrong.
If you were to have a kid, you would know that.
Except I'm NOT wrong, in fact, I'm 100% correct.

http://www.paulgraham.com/lies.html

The first time a parent lies to a kid, the kid learns its okay to do.

WHat parent hasn't said "it'll be okay" when it WONT be okay? What parent hasn't said "it wont hurt much" just before the kid gets a needle or a tooth pulled?

Kids learn to manipulate MUCH earlier. They learn when to 'fake' cry to get attention for example. And again, parents are teaching them acceptable behaviors to get what they want.

http://www.truthaboutdeception.com/lying-and-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min flack 1,405,809
News Allentown police working to improve community r... 1 hr silly rabbit 22
News Firefighters battle blaze at Allentown church 13 hr silly rabbit 1
News Pa. Arson Suspects: Ghosts Ordered Barn Fire 13 hr Hyrdosnek 13
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) 22 hr silly rabbit 107
News Allentown couple charged with stealing $1.4 M f... Wed silly rabbit 1
stirr allentown's political pot of blue juice (Oct '14) Wed silly rabbit 49

Catasauqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance