Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309974 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#273526 Jan 1, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of I don't give a flying fck that YOUR religion THINKS women NEED a "HEAD" MALE to LEAD WOMEN??????????
I can't believe some of the things that knuckle dragger writes. He must be bull sh*ting.

Atrisco Village

#273527 Jan 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not perfect, but we do live the life I discribed, and my wife is very happy living what you call the dark ages.
We (not others) raise our daughter.
I geuss you are happy with americas family?
" Divorce rate is over 50%
Religious folks or not.
Everyone is saying follow your heart. Do whatever makes YOU happy, yet "happy " people are blowing their heads off, women and men are swapping partners left and right
Women are killing their babies, before they even are born.
Gays are the only ones interested in marriage.
Married women with kids are working outside of the home, so the house is a wreck.
Etc, etc ........
I would even like to see us back in the 50's
As long as there is Sin (believe it or not, there is), then there will not be a perfect home, but many today is so far destroyed, and we wonder why we have soo many problems.
Thankfuly this world is not my home.
, then they can meet Him as savior, if not, then their judge.
How hard is that? Someone payed a debt that you owed, and you don't even care, believe, nor be thankfull at all.
This is why people want all the most unGodly stuff they can legalized (like abortion), so they don't feel bad, or like they sin.
Newsflash : you could legalize all of it, but if God says it is wrong, then it is.
Yeah, newsflash, pal: Not everyone believes in your god. Basing all of your arguments on what your god allegedly mandates isn't meaningful to many people.

Atrisco Village

#273528 Jan 1, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess because me and my kind would like to see every human being be given the chance to experience life on Earth. No human should have the right to determine if another human gets to live or not.
Fetuses/babies are like snowflakes, every one is unique.
Women get to decide whether they want to birth whatever "snowflakes" are gestating in their uteri. You and your kind don't have a say unless one of them allows you to have one.
Ocean56

AOL

#273529 Jan 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Yes things have sure changed, but are they better?
For WOMEN, yes, and most certainly for me. Women are free to make CHOICES now, and that includes deciding when or IF they want to marry, and when or IF they want to have children. Also, girls can choose from a variety of jobs and careers which allow them to live as financially independent, single women until EACH woman decides when or IF she wants to marry and become a mother. Here's a long list of the jobs and careers that girls and young women can train themselves for:

Advertising
Anesthesiology
Architecture
Biological Technician
Engineering Jobs
Computer Programming
Counseling
Education Administration
Entrepreneurship
Financial Advising
Information Technology Analyst
Management
Market Research Analyst
Marketing
Medical and Health Services Management
Occupational Health Therapy
Physical Scientists
Physical Therapy
Physician Assistant
Teaching Jobs
Psychiatry
Radiation Therapy
Registered Nurse
Sales Engineer;Social Work
Accountants, Doctors
Acupuncturists, Nurses
Alcohol and Drug Counselors Nurse Practitioners
Architects, Nursing Home Administrators
Athletic Trainers, Occupational Therapy Assistants
Occupational Therapists
Opthalmology, Optometrists, Pharmacy
Boiler Operators Pharmacy Technicians
Charitable Solicitations, Physical Therapists
Chiropractors, Physicians (MD)
Dietitians Professional Engineers
Dental Hygienists, Professional Fundraisers
Dentists, Psychologists Radiologic Technologists
Electricians, Real Estate Appraisors
Elevator Inspectors and Mechanics Real Estate Professionals
Foresters, Respiratory Care Practitioners
Social Workers
Geologists, Scientists Speech-Language Pathologists
Interior Designers, Engineers
Interpreters
Land Surveyors
Landscape Architects,
Veterinarians
Auto mechanics
Carpentry
Jewelry making and design
Clothes design and production (like famous designer Vera Wang)

Contrary to what you backward religionists BELIEVE, there are many other careers for women that DON'T have to include motherhood. If some women prefer to dedicate themselves to their career or profession instead of being a wife and/or a mother, that's just fine.

Atrisco Village

#273530 Jan 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I went back and reread your post, so I'm SORRY.
You were right, you didn't say I have no opinion, so there you go.
If I'm wrong, I will admit it, and y'all may continue calling me bs or whoever you say I am suppose to be, but can you please tell me what post these people are on? Is it this one, or another topic?
I also realize the ideas I give seems far fetched, truly if you have never had a good male roll model in your life.
I feel sorry for Morgan, since it seems all she has ever know was bad men.:(
After I was saved, a guy invited me to a meeting at a bowling alie.
The meeting was at 6 am!!! I thought, why bowl that early?
I met him there, and was blowed away, at what I saw!
Grown men (all ages), praying for their wives "kids, family.
These men Loved their wives and family, even meeting soo early, so not to take away form family time.
All I ever knew about men meeting together, was a bunch of drunks, cursing, and degrading women in their speach.
It still amazes me, to see how christ changes people!
Oh.

SMH:-\

Atrisco Village

#273532 Jan 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are born Sinners.
I didn't have to teach my child to lie, it comes natural.
Are you saying you have no sin?
Sin entered the world by one man.
The price for all sin was paid by One Man Christ Jesus.
I don't share your philosophy.

There you go.

Atrisco Village

#273533 Jan 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes things have sure changed, but are they better?
In most ways, yes, they are better. Some men, like you, may yearn for the days when white men were king, but the majority of people in America have much more opportunity for personal and professional fulfillment.

Atrisco Village

#273534 Jan 1, 2013
Big Toe wrote:
Just became aware that Topix is removing Political comments that they Don't like. I'm not talking about vulgarity or threating comments. Polictical comments are being deleted. Whoa!!! there goes the Topix's Crediblity!!!!!
When did Topix ever have any credibility?
Gtown71

United States

#273535 Jan 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the IRONY.
So answer the question No Relevance, or are you too cowardly?
Did your jesus teach you that its okay to LIE?"
It is kinda funny, that anyone who has a different opinion then you, is just a liar. Lol
I don't geuss it ever crosses your mind, that you are the one lying, if to noone, but yourself.
Gtown71

United States

#273536 Jan 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>In most ways, yes, they are better. Some men, like you, may yearn for the days when white men were king, but the majority of people in America have much more opportunity for personal and professional fulfillment.
I don't yearn to be king , and despite what you may think, my wife is very content. I treat her like the jewel she is. I also devote myself to showing my little girl (who will one day be a woman), what love is. I don't really want her looking for love in the backseat of many different cars, becouse she is seeking a father fiquer.
She is only five years old, and there is only 2 of her classmates besides her "who still have their mother and father at home.

She came home one day, wanting to know why she didn't have a step -mom?

If you think the world is better now, then I am happy for you.

Despite what you may think of me, I have the utmost respect for women.
Men need respect, but if men are doing what theu should be, then the woman has no problem giving him respect.

This world is getting worse and worse, and many see it getting better.
People have no emotions when it comes to 3000 pregnances stopped each day.
Like I have said many times though, abortion is not a unforgivable sin.
I geuss though, if people don't believe in God, then abortion, lying, adultry, murder, or anything is sin.

There is a way that seems right to a person, but the end therof leads to death.
I'm beginning to think why God made man and woman, after reading more of this topic.
I am not a very smart man, when it comes to abortion laws, or abortion history.
I'm just a man that loves his wife and daughter, and ever since God woke me up, and saved my soul, God.

If He can save a piece of trash like me, then He can save anyone.
No matter where anyone stands on abortion, I truly pray they put Little though into wheather God is real or not.

Going to Any church makes a person a child of God, as much as sitting in a garage makes them a car.
I have only been on topics a short time, maybe a year, and only on the New York one about two weeks.
I have never encountered such hate of men, and life in general, as I have Here.
I believe women are smart, beautiful, and in many cases better at doing things then men, but there are things men are better at, and men are needed.

My home is not perfect, and I agree any place that has food, and clothes, can raise a child, but I just want to raise my child to the best of my ability.
If she chooses one day to be gay, it may break my heart, but I will never stop loving her, and I will forever be her dad.

I realize that you and many think my ideas are very far fetched, but I am left just as speachless to some of the post I read on here.

There seems to be no love whatsoever for a family.
Even if you believe in evolution (which takes alot more faith), but you still realize men and women are different.
We need each other.
Neither is greater then the other.
The two become one.

I see our world going to hell, and the only people that seem 'normal "are so legaly doped up, by the doctors, that they are robots, with no sense of what love is.
Someone has to pick up the check, sooner or later, that this generation is writting.
God bless you and yours.
Gtown71

United States

#273537 Jan 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Horseshit.
That's a seriously messed up christian concept.
<quoted text>
The ONLY way a kid "naturally" lies is if they're giving lying as an example, usually by the parents.
In your case, it makes PERFECT sense.
Kids are NOT born to lie.
<quoted text>
Really? WHat ONE MAN allowed "sin to enter the world". Be specific.
<quoted text>
THen he fk'd up since its still here. Hell, YOU are sinning right now in HIS name. You SHOULD be ashamed, but dont have the education OR the class.
Have you ever raised kids?
Have you ever been around a kid?

Sin entered by one man Adam.
Jesus christ died for all sin.

For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

Kids will lie, without ever being taught.
Kids will steal, without ever being taught.
For kids to be religious, they must be taught.

For kids, or adults to be born again, the just need God.
Ofcourse I'm not sure why it matters, since you don't see anything as being sinful.
Gtown71

United States

#273538 Jan 1, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is only a BELIEF (which isn't a fact, by the way) that "God made the head of the family, the man." You're basing that belief on a book that MEN wrote, not a deity, so you might want to adjust your "thinking" a bit.
Many women simply don't want your 19th-century vision of a "perfect home," where women do ALL the housework and child care. That's the type of miserable situation that the 19th and 20th-century feminists fought so hard to CHANGE for women. Sorry (not really), but women AREN'T going to go back to the dark ages when men had total control and women had NO rights. Personally, I LIKE having the right to make my OWN decisions regarding sex, marriage, and motherhood. I believe most women feel the same way in that respect.
What makes you think, that all women thought it was misrable living that way?

Now "thanks to feminist ",many women must do all the house work, plus hold down a full time job.
If it was misreable, just keeping the house, it truly is misreable for them now.
Many men have left the women, since they were not respected, and not needed. Or another women (who worked next to the man)(thanks to feminist), and that woman showed him respect, although fake respect, just to get him, but still better then what he had at home.
I don't know when are gov is going to wake up to the fact that men are just not needed.
Every tv show degrades men, and all I see, is america getting deeper in the sin pool, but again, I geuss if nothing is a sin to you, then who cares, let it ride.
Gtown71

United States

#273539 Jan 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, newsflash, pal: Not everyone believes in your god. Basing all of your arguments on what your god allegedly mandates isn't meaningful to many people.
Another newsflash -either man (all humans) were made by God, or evolution. Have you ever seen a building (which is waaay less complex as man) just appear?
Or was there a designer, builder?
What do you use as a gauge to live by? Whatever feels good?
Gtown71

United States

#273540 Jan 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>When did Topix ever have any credibility?
Well, that's one thing we agree on.:)

“Don't forget to”

Since: Sep 09

smile

#273541 Jan 1, 2013
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Pippy!!! Happy New Years Hun!! Dumb dumb doesn't answer any questions, period. He's a "spitting cobra."
Happy New Year, Hot Stuff!!!
(HNY one and all!)

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

North Olmsted, OH

#273542 Jan 1, 2013
Well, its a new year.

I hope, like I do every year, that you Pro-Choice women will give up your hate for those who want to take away your right to kill off the developing human being growing in their womb.

Having the right to murder humans is something you should all be ashamed of. Think about it, please.

Atrisco Village

#273543 Jan 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't yearn to be king , and despite what you may think, my wife is very content. I treat her like the jewel she is. I also devote myself to showing my little girl (who will one day be a woman), what love is. I don't really want her looking for love in the backseat of many different cars, becouse she is seeking a father fiquer.
She is only five years old, and there is only 2 of her classmates besides her "who still have their mother and father at home.
She came home one day, wanting to know why she didn't have a step -mom?
If you think the world is better now, then I am happy for you.
Despite what you may think of me, I have the utmost respect for women.
Men need respect, but if men are doing what theu should be, then the woman has no problem giving him respect.
This world is getting worse and worse, and many see it getting better.
People have no emotions when it comes to 3000 pregnances stopped each day.
Like I have said many times though, abortion is not a unforgivable sin.
I geuss though, if people don't believe in God, then abortion, lying, adultry, murder, or anything is sin.
There is a way that seems right to a person, but the end therof leads to death.
I'm beginning to think why God made man and woman, after reading more of this topic.
I am not a very smart man, when it comes to abortion laws, or abortion history.
I'm just a man that loves his wife and daughter, and ever since God woke me up, and saved my soul, God.
If He can save a piece of trash like me, then He can save anyone.
No matter where anyone stands on abortion, I truly pray they put Little though into wheather God is real or not.
Going to Any church makes a person a child of God, as much as sitting in a garage makes them a car.
I have only been on topics a short time, maybe a year, and only on the New York one about two weeks.
I have never encountered such hate of men, and life in general, as I have Here.
I believe women are smart, beautiful, and in many cases better at doing things then men, but there are things men are better at, and men are needed.
My home is not perfect, and I agree any place that has food, and clothes, can raise a child, but I just want to raise my child to the best of my ability.
If she chooses one day to be gay, it may break my heart, but I will never stop loving her, and I will forever be her dad.
I realize that you and many think my ideas are very far fetched, but I am left just as speachless to some of the post I read on here.
There seems to be no love whatsoever for a family.
Even if you believe in evolution (which takes alot more faith), but you still realize men and women are different.
We need each other.
Neither is greater then the other.
The two become one.
I see our world going to hell, and the only people that seem 'normal "are so legaly doped up, by the doctors, that they are robots, with no sense of what love is.
Someone has to pick up the check, sooner or later, that this generation is writting.
God bless you and yours.
You are definitely not a man of few words.

Atrisco Village

#273544 Jan 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Another newsflash -either man (all humans) were made by God, or evolution. Have you ever seen a building (which is waaay less complex as man) just appear?
Or was there a designer, builder?
What do you use as a gauge to live by? Whatever feels good?
I don't believe in your god. Many people don't. It's not a problem, kid. Diversity is a good thing. Relax.
Btw, one doesn't need to believe in a god to have ethics. Your way is just one way to view life and live life. My moral code has guided me to a good place in life. I serve my community, and am personally happy, to boot. And all without your god. Wowie:-)
Gtown71

United States

#273545 Jan 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You are definitely not a man of few words.
Lol, best response yet ;)

Atrisco Village

#273546 Jan 1, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
Well, its a new year.
I hope, like I do every year, that you Pro-Choice women will give up your hate for those who want to take away your right to kill off the developing human being growing in their womb.
Having the right to murder humans is something you should all be ashamed of. Think about it, please.
No one hates you, sweetie. Personally, I can honestly say that I hate no one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min sonicfilter 1,236,160
News My child's friend has head lice -- what should ... (Jan '08) Sun annonymous 153
Buddy Says 'Hi!' (May '12) May 29 Suezanne 2
News Judge says Plainfield officer was private citizen (Apr '09) May 29 Right and wrong 57
News Coroner: Man dead after being 'targeted' in bro... May 29 poke chop 3
Review: Regency Finance Co May 29 trouble 1
Allentown man charged after allegedly selling 1... May 28 silly rabbit 1
More from around the web

Catasauqua People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]