Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,964
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#273071 Dec 30, 2012
Lets all tell the GOP TO STAY OUT OF OTHER PEOPLES BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!! Let women live thee own lives there you nazi fascist hitler loving GOP slime.
Ocean56

AOL

#273072 Dec 30, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
Yes, and I agree.
I also believe the women could say no as well, and if they don't want to be pregnant, then don't have sex, just like you say the boy should do.
We shouldn't roll over, and allow godless judges come up with a way to kill the baby
No more then the boy in this senerio should be allow to kill the baby, if HE wants to get rid of the "problem".
DOUBLE STANDARD.
Actually, I think what you and other male anti-choice imbeciles like you want is for women to be FORCED to gestate unwanted pregnancies against their will. Too bad for you. You DON'T have the right to force a woman to gestate a pregnancy any more than you can force her to abort one.

Again, men DON'T control women's sexual and reproductive choices. Suck it up, LOSER.
Ocean56

AOL

#273073 Dec 30, 2012
Tom Tom wrote:
"Procreation is NOT the only reason for having sex, and parenthood is still an option which women and men can reject."
Actually biologically and scientifically it is the reason for havong sex. Yes all you old dried up pagans still want it but that is part of your hardwired process for procreation being it is the primary goal of any species.
That is your stupid and BACKWARD belief, TommyDumDum. Obviously, you're also too stupid to know that beliefs are not facts. Go figure.@@

In any case, your beliefs are irrelevant to women who either doesn't want any children or those of us who are DONE with the whole procreation thing and don't want any more kids. Women are free to decide NOT to procreate if they don't want the hardships and responsibilities that motherhood involves. Whether YOU like women having the freedom to make our own reproductive choices -- including LACK of reproduction -- is irrelevant.
Ocean56

AOL

#273074 Dec 30, 2012
BraveCon wrote:
But since all humans are able to pro-create, again exempting the people who are born sterile, then Nature saw no reason to alter the DNA of the people who are supposely born homosexual. It was not altered because it would make no sense, from an evolutionary standpoint, that any animal be born sterile. Nature wants all animals to procreate.
Thus any human that chooses not to procreate suffers from a psychological problem and not a DNA/genetic problem.
NONSENSE. Contrary to what regressive anti-choice morons want everyone to believe, there is NOTHING wrong with people who choose never to have children. Parenthood isn't for everyone, which all intelligent and rational people have known for a long time.

No matter how much you whine about it, parenthood is OPTIONAL for all people, not required. That means any woman or man can reject parenthood for any reason, and suffer NO guilt for not procreating. Yes, I know that pisses you off. Too bad.
Gtown71

United States

#273075 Dec 30, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I think what you and other male anti-choice imbeciles like you want is for women to be FORCED to gestate unwanted pregnancies against their will. Too bad for you. You DON'T have the right to force a woman to gestate a pregnancy any more than you can force her to abort one.
Again, men DON'T control women's sexual and reproductive choices. Suck it up, LOSER.
can you tell me why you like to think men want to control what goes on inside of a womans body, after the woman gets pregnant, when it is pretty clear you are overjoyed that the woman is in control over not only her body, but the baby and control of the mans life, that gets her pregnant?

Out of control would fit better, when 3000 women a day, could not control the situation, untill it is at a point where a living being is killed.

Heres just an idea -I don't know anyone who wants to force any girl into becomming a mother, if she don't want to, and unless raped their is no way at all she can get pregnant, unless she willingly has sex with a male.

So if a girl is 100% sure, that she don't want to be a mother, then why not get "fixed ", just like my sister -in -law did?
or (I know this is a shocker) she could just not have sex?
Ocean56

AOL

#273076 Dec 30, 2012
sassyliciouus wrote:
I can't stop women from killing their existing child in or out of the womb. That doesn't make that act any more or less evil.
There are people in this world practically ever minute who are abusing, neglecting, raping, killing. It's their decision and nothing we can do to stop it. Does that empower that wrongdoer? Does it "stick it to you" that your powerless?
You're a control freak who gets cheap thrills from feeling empowered by getting away with doing evil to others.
Oh, NONSENSE, sASSy. There's nothing "evil" about a woman who makes the choice NOT to continue a pregnancy, especially when she never wanted to BE pregnant in the first place.

As far as I'M concerned, the real control freaks are the anti-choice nutjobs like you, who would like nothing better than to turn the clock back on women's reproductive rights. Luckily for all of us, you don't get to make choices for anyone but yourself.
Ocean56

AOL

#273077 Dec 30, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
Yes, I've met people who were great parents but confided that the wished they didn't have kids, or they thought they had kids too soon.
And I've known people whose whole life happily revolves around kids. It's personal for everyone. Many people want lots of kids and many are content with just one. Many grandparents love spending plenty of time with the grandchildren and many love being free to do what they want. There really is no one size fits all.
Exactly, LNM. Reproduction -- or lack thereof -- is purely an INDIVIDUAL choice, and each person has the right to make his and her own reproductive decisions. Whether others approve of those decisions or not is irrelevant.

Gtown71

United States

#273078 Dec 30, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
NONSENSE. Contrary to what regressive anti-choice morons want everyone to believe, there is NOTHING wrong with people who choose never to have children. Parenthood isn't for everyone, which all intelligent and rational people have known for a long time.
No matter how much you whine about it, parenthood is OPTIONAL for all people, not required. That means any woman or man can reject parenthood for any reason, and suffer NO guilt for not procreating. Yes, I know that pisses you off. Too bad.
being a parent has always been an option for smart people.
in the past , if people didnt want to have kids they didnt have sex.
if they " chose" to have sex and then had a baby, they dealt with it, like smart people do. only recently has women been able to solve this problem by having her baby killed. that should make people a little upset, but then all the women who were all for having the option, to get away with killing their child, began to make their voices heard, and also wanted and got all people to help pay to kill their baby.

these same people want to put a man in prison for years for hurting a dog , but has no problem killing babies.

micheal Vick should have never even got in trouble for hurting or killing dogs, in a country that allows controling women kill their babies and gets the public to pay for their mistakes.

women rights, have been turned into some womens desires.
Ocean56

AOL

#273079 Dec 30, 2012
Yes, we all do, and many people choose to avail themselves of birth control, which is also against RCC dogma. You RCCers don't want abortions, you don't want birth control, and you don't want sex education....and that leads to women being breeders for the RCC.
If you fundies were REALLY against abortion you wouldn't be roadblocking birth control and sex education. Why don't you help and get a snip snip done on your balls? Last I knew the RCC wasn't against that...they only butt in on what women are doing.
Personally, I'm not sure that the RCC approves of vasectomies if a guy just wanted one because he never wanted kids. The idea that a man or woman can avoid procreation entirely is anathema to the Catholic Church hierarchy.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#273080 Dec 30, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I said if people lived according to Gods word, which meant His "plan ", and if all did, then yes it would wipe away sooo much of the trouble we face today.
Married people wouldn't get divirced.
men would love their wives, like christ loved the church, and give themselves up for her, so she would gladly submit to him.
Seriously? Obviously you have been "taught" the bible and have NOT read it for yourself.

The bible is a manmade man written male hierarchy system. Women are not free but mere possessions of men.

Here is just a couple of my favorites! How convenient this "god" makes it for the "male" to "rape" justifiably. Now tell me again how women were not "possessions"?

Deut. 21:10-14
When you go forth to war against your enemies, and the Lord your God has delivered them into your hands, and you have taken them captive,
And you see among the captives a beautiful woman, and desire her, and take her for a wife -
Then you shall bring her home to your house, and she shall shave her head and do her nails,
And she shall remove the garment of her captivity from her, and remain in your house and weep for her father and mother a for month, and after that you may approach her and have intercourse with her, and she shall be your wife.
And if you do not want her, you shall send her out on her own; you shall not sell her at all for money, you shall not treat her as a slave, because you "violated" her.

Leviticus 19
19:20 And whosoever lieth carnally with a woman, that is a bondmaid, betrothed to an husband, and not at all redeemed, nor freedom given her; she shall be scourged; they shall not be put to death, because she was not free.
19:21 And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, even a ram for a trespass offering.
19:22 And the priest shall make an atonement for him with the ram of the trespass offering before the LORD for his sin which he hath done: and the sin which he hath done shall be forgiven him.
Ocean56

AOL

#273081 Dec 30, 2012
5. I never said the RCC was against sex. I said they are against abortion AND birth control AND sex education. So they don't care about reducing abortions by teaching young people about reproduction and allowing birth control. They just want to write the rules they want people to follow.
Precisely. The RCC can't handle the fact that it DOESN'T control everyone's sexual and reproductive decisions, not in the United States anyway. I say too bad for those clowns.

Both men and women are free to use reliable contraception to AVOID unwanted pregnancy. In the case of teens, I believe they are better off avoiding sex entirely until they are of legal age to be independent of their parents and make their own decisions. We all know that NO contraceptive method is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy, so even if a girl is on BC, a pregnancy could still happen.

Too many girls make the huge mistake of believing they can't get pregnant because they're on some form of birth control. That is so NOT true.
Ocean56

AOL

#273082 Dec 30, 2012
Helpful Rules For Teens In PREVENTING Pregnancy and STD's

1. NEVER consent to sex if you know you aren't on birth control and a guy tells you he doesn't have or use condoms (make sure you ask him about condoms BEFORE having sex).

2. ALWAYS use protection, whether it is condoms, the pill, or both, any and EVERY time you decide to have sex. Not using protection even ONE time will result in an unwanted pregnancy sooner or later.

3. ALWAYS be aware that all contraceptive methods can fail and that pregnancy could result.

4. NEVER assume you can't get pregnant because you're on birth control, even the pill.

5. NEVER let yourself be pressured into having sex if you really don't want to do it.

6. NEVER believe a guy who says "trust me, you can't get pregnant." Don't have sex with this guy either.

7. NEVER cave in to pressure to get pregnant (or to cause a pregnancy) if you have any doubts about or unwillingness to be a mom or a dad.

8. NEVER be afraid to dump a boyfriend or girlfriend if he/she pressures you to do things you don't want to do.

9. NEVER assume that having anal sex cannot cause pregnancy or a sexually transmitted disease. It can do both.

10. ALWAYS ask exactly what a guy means when he says "I'm old fashioned." It could mean he believes that girls are ONLY meant to be wives and mothers and nothing else. Don't have sex with this guy, as it could be a trap.

11. ALWAYS keep busy with studies and school or extracurricular activities that you really like and don't want to GIVE UP.
Gtown71

United States

#273083 Dec 30, 2012
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? Obviously you have been "taught" the bible and have NOT read it for yourself.
The bible is a manmade man written male hierarchy system. Women are not free but mere possessions of men.
Here is just a couple of my favorites! How convenient this "god" makes it for the "male" to "rape" justifiably. Now tell me again how women were not "possessions"?
Deut. 21:10-14
When you go forth to war against your enemies, and the Lord your God has delivered them into your hands, and you have taken them captive,
And you see among the captives a beautiful woman, and desire her, and take her for a wife -
Then you shall bring her home to your house, and she shall shave her head and do her nails,
And she shall remove the garment of her captivity from her, and remain in your house and weep for her father and mother a for month, and after that you may approach her and have intercourse with her, and she shall be your wife.
And if you do not want her, you shall send her out on her own; you shall not sell her at all for money, you shall not treat her as a slave, because you "violated" her.
Leviticus 19
19:20 And whosoever lieth carnally with a woman, that is a bondmaid, betrothed to an husband, and not at all redeemed, nor freedom given her; she shall be scourged; they shall not be put to death, because she was not free.
19:21 And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the LORD, unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, even a ram for a trespass offering.
19:22 And the priest shall make an atonement for him with the ram of the trespass offering before the LORD for his sin which he hath done: and the sin which he hath done shall be forgiven him.
When, where, and to whom this or any scripture was written aside, do you believe the bible, is the inspired word of God?

Location hidden

#273084 Dec 30, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully understand how you feel that only people who think like you, are the only people that " matter",
I see your screwed up comprehension issues are still around. Selective blindness is not an attractive feature in a fundi BS'hitter.

YOU do not matter. I dont matter either. THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT MATTER ARE THE ONES MAKING THE DECISIONS FOR THEMSELVES!
you see, believe it or not, many people do love God, and enjoy seeing someone write their testamony, becouse they also have one.
@@ And MOST poeple know how to keep it in context AND to do it in the proper place and time. The proper place and time is not EVERY post on a social networking forum among people of different faiths.

See, this is your downfall BS'hitter. You dont know when enough is enough, you've got to go over the top every time and you blow it.

You did it as a raped woman, as a "cop" (that was funny as shit tho) etc.. etc..

This time you blew it when you claimed to be an ex athiest that "hated g-d".@@

Location hidden

#273085 Dec 30, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can try to spin the facts, if you want.
You go under a few names here, making comments, then replying to your own comments, to make soo many believe your lies.
No dear. I dont. But hey, good try!

LOL
Everyone fully knows all about a few judges who's decisions made abortion legal, so I would advise you (whatever name you post under) to atleast not call people a liar, when they post about something anyone who knows how to read, already knows as truth.
Oh now you change your tune and backpedal furiously.

Your claim was that these "g-dless judges" "FORCED" the murder of children.

I maintain, you are a LIAR. The judges on the Supreme Court are certainly NOT "g-dless" and none of them caused ANY CHILDREN TO BE MURDERED as you claimed.

These are YOUR claims, so either NAME THE "G-dless judges" YOU claim 'FORCED THE MURDER OF CHIDLREN" or stop lying in your jesus's name.
Proving God, is easy for those who really seek, but you would be the very one in the crowd, who bears false witness against God.
I cannot say anything, that will change your mind. Plus I don't want to.
Anything one person can talk you into, another person can talk you out of.
God will have to get your attention, I just pray you realize it when He does.
Stinky, as you well know, I'm Jewish and your jesus is completely meaningless to me since its not my faith. My relationship with G-d is like most things, none of your business.

But your phony religous bullshit is noted BS'hitter.

Location hidden

#273086 Dec 30, 2012
Tom Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he can. biter has done it all the time and you have defended her.
I may not agree with his saying that he hated God when he didn't beleive in him but I do agree with his choice to hate god before he beleieved in him.
Makes perfect sense. He can hate a concept before beleiving in the true God. He was born again.
You proabort pagans are hypocrites.
You're a moron. It makes NO sense. Do you believe in unicorns? Do you HATE unicorns? Do you believe in flying pink teddy bears? Do you HATE flying pink teddy bears??

Now lets get a bit more realistic. Do you believe in Buddah, the diety that the Dali Lami believes in? Do you HATE Budda OR the Dali Lama for that matter?

Of course not, because one doesn't "hate" what they dont believe in to begin with.

Location hidden

#273087 Dec 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
NR: "Preborn baby is clearly affected by abortion...to death."
FooManSpew: "Yes dear, that IS the point of abortion."
_______
^^^ That's a first. FooManSpew finally admits what the purpose & intent of abortion is - to kill preborn babies.^^^
ROFLMAO No, its not a first. The purpose and intent of abortion IS to end the pregnancy, and to do that the embryo, zyote or fetus is eliminated and removed.

Your hyperbolic bullshit about 'preborn babies' is just that, bullshit. But yes, the PURPOSE in plain language - as has been stated MANY times, IS to end the pregnancy and kill and evactuate the unwanted embryo, zyogte or fetus.

You act like this is news @@.
Kenose

East Meadow, NY

#273088 Dec 30, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may say what you wish, just like trying to say Hell is not in the bible.
I think even atheist (like I once was) knows better.
You try and say there is no Hell, becouse you know in your heart, that if there is, then you are in trouble.
(There is)(you are)
You even tried to correct my grammer (your -you're ) and that's fine, I admit I'm not the greatest at grammer.
That alone should shock people like yourself, to hear a man say what he is not good in, since y'all think you are so smart. Oh by the way -you spelled hell -hel in the same post you tried to correct me in.
Jesus Christ died for you, if you want to turn away, from such a beautifull thing, it is your choice, but I truly pray you don't.
I also ask you to consider how you want others to prove God is real, yet why are you telling others about Hell? If God isn't real, then there is no Hell, so why are you preaching about Hell?
Most atheist talk about god, more then many christians I know.
I geuss, they run into people who call them names, and cuss, and try to act scary, but I'm not impressed.
Dogs bark, ducks quack, and heathern rage.
#1 I never said "there is no hel/hell"

#2 Hel is the original spelling of the word.

It is now obvious that you're incapable of debating anything. You think you know it all and your mind is closed to anything that opposes your precious point of view. That you refuse to accept the simple fact that the word Hel/hell isn't in the bible shows that you're just brainwashed and can't think for yourself. You're not born again, you're just a slave to a lie.
Kenose

East Meadow, NY

#273089 Dec 30, 2012
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I truly don't know where you come up with your numbers.
If you read the bible, you would see how common it was to live into the hundreds of years. 7,8,900+ years old.
Like the guy trying to preach no Hell, please either believe the bible is the word of God, or it isn't , but please don't be like so many, who like to say the bible is a lie, but a book written around the same time, a few years later, that is against anything in the bible is true.
I didn't say if people lived by the bible, if I did I'm sorry, since there was gay peoole, adultry, you name it back then, just like now. I said if people lived according to Gods word, which meant His "plan ", and if all did, then yes it would wipe away sooo much of the trouble we face today.
men would love their wives, like christ loved the church, and give themselves up for her, so she would gladly submit to him.
No diseases as far as std's
Before the flood, we lived in a much different world, but that is another topic.
I will say, the earth is young, our society is disolving, not evolving.
Provide evidence of a "The Flood", please.
Provide evidence that the bible is "the word of God", please.
Lasly, provide evidence that people live to be 700-900 years old, please.

With no evidence to back up your biblical claims, you've got nothing to stand on except your ego and pride.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#273090 Dec 30, 2012
The writers of the bible were idiots. According to many fundies, the earth itself is only 6000 years old, making those long lives absolutely impossible. Clearly, the concept of "year" was a much shorter time measurement than what we use.

Which plan? Hundreds of wives and concubines seemed okay with your god. So did being forced to impregnate your brother's widow. Any way you slice it, your deity's plan seems to favor the husband.

I think you're going to have a great deal of difficulty getting most women to submit to their husbands.

BTW--if everyone was destroyed but noah's little group, how could there be STD's at all? Who was harboring the microbes?

Our society is evolving to adapt to both physical and intellectual changes. We have amassed so much knowledge that it will take time to assimilate it.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>d
I truly don't know where you come up with your numbers.
If you read the bible, you would see how common it was to live into the hundreds of years. 7,8,900+ years old.
Like the guy trying to no Hell, please either believe the bible is the word of God, or it isn't , but please don't be like so many, who like to say the bible is a lie, but a book written around the same time, a few years later, that is against anything in the bible is true.
I didn't say if people lived by the bible, if I did I'm sorry, since there was gay peoole, adultry, you name it back then, just like now. I said if people lived according to Gods word, which meant His "plan ", and if all did, then yes it would wipe away sooo much of the trouble we face today.
No diseases as far as std's
Before the flood, we lived in a much different world, but that is another topic.
I will say, the earth is young, our society is disolving, not evolving.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Bluestater 1,153,791
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr scirocco 71,008
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) 18 hr Careless Crecca 69
Traffic circle studied for Allentown's Hamilton... 18 hr silly rabbit 1
Sex offender allegedly stalks Allentown boy for... Thu silly rabbit 1
Allentown City Council approves appointment of ... Thu silly rabbit 1
Allentown's West End Theatre District wins award Wed silly rabbit 1

Catasauqua News Video

Catasauqua Dating
Find my Match