Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,952
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267575 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner, what do Jews teach about Christ the Son of God?

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#267576 Dec 2, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it a valid choice? Having children means wanting to see humans grow and develop, out of you, and their future being yours. Wanting to have children is one of the most humane choices a person could ever desire.
Actually, it one of several choice people make for themselves. fathering or giving birth to a child is neither an obligation(religious or otherwise) nor is it the most humane act either. In spite of your opinion. There are many ways to to go through life and be humane and childless.

You way of trying to force people to have kids is neither a selfless nor humane. It is however the mark of a fool and an impotent control freak.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#267577 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I do consider human as an adjective when referring to an embryo or fetus.
Your desperation is pathetic. Truly.
But that's not what you said. You clearly said multiple times that "a human" (noun) is in the womb. When I called you on it, you quipped that you've never said otherwise.

Your desperation to save Foo is pathetic. Truly.

Jonesboro AR

#267578 Dec 2, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't disprove the bible can you? Still gotten nowhere.
Prove jesus lived with out referring to your collection of faith based books.. Oh wait you can't.. You lose.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#267580 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you where the confusion is. I have a Catholic daughter married to an athiest. She is trying to raise her daughters Catholic and his mocking and scoffing of God is beyond impossible for her and the values she is trying to instill in her girls is being made a joke of. The girls don't know who to believe, Mom or Dad. This isn't a problem in families where parents share the same beliefs and values.
And it isn't a problem in all multifaith families just because you know one person who makes it a problem. We were talking, by the way, about families of more than one religion. Atheism is not a religion.

You're such an idiot.

Jonesboro AR

#267581 Dec 2, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie: The embryo/fetus is nothing but potential until actually born and breathing. You can imagine it's something more, but reality is not on your side.
_________
You stand alone. Your fellow prochoicers disagree that a newborn is a fetus until after umbilical cord is cut.
You are so extreme and posted: "There is no 'exact moment' as fetus changing to baby is a process begun during labor and continuing after delivery well into the first 24-48hrs after childbirth."
In addition to your wacky "fetus after birth" claims, you also demonstrate a cold & unsypmathetic view of those in utero: "I don't think calling fetuses in general 'a useless wad of cells' is belittling to anyone."
You stand alone, because you have left reality long ago.
Have you ever been right about anything? No, I didn't think so...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267582 Dec 2, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
But that's not what you said. You clearly said multiple times that "a human" (noun) is in the womb. When I called you on it, you quipped that you've never said otherwise.
Your desperation to save Foo is pathetic. Truly.
So? It's still a descriptive term when appled to th NOUNS embryo or fetus.

By the way, your first descent into nonsense was when I was talking about a DNA test result. My comment was general, I was not talking about just fetuses. No DNA test result, taken from any human tissue, is going to come back saying "human being".

And that's when you went off on the irrelevant grammar tangent.

Again, you desperation is pathetic.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267583 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
Bitner, what do Jews teach about Christ the Son of God?
I just told you, in that rather long post. Do try to pay attention, Witless.

But, you're STILL missing the point.

Which IS to teach what each parent believes in their own religion, and let the children decide what THEY believe. It's perfectly possible to do that without denigrating the other religion, and without confusing the children.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#267584 Dec 2, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
They are different, others do it out of free choice, because they are selfish bastards, like your kind.
So, people don't become nuns, priests, monks, etc out of free choice? Lol, sorry, pal, you can blurt your little opinion all you want. However, you can't even begin to state them as anything more. You bray the stupidest blanket statements and think you sound credible. That entertains me. Continue, knave...

Atrisco Village

#267586 Dec 2, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely, young one, the bible has proved itself time and time again.
When did it prove that there's a God? Let's start with the basics.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#267587 Dec 2, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep letting that brain sucker hang out on your head? Your idiotic post above does not even address what I said.
The medical definition of abortion remains the same regardless of the distinction between induced and spontaneous. Regardless if abortion is induced or spontaneous, abortion means end of pregnancy prior to term.
It doesn't mean end of pregnancy to artificial causes. It doesn't mean end of pregnancy due to intent. And it doesn't mean end of pregnancy by D&C. Which is what you were trying to claim last night and today.
Is there no end to your ridiculousness?
This is the Abortion Forum.

People don't come in here expecting the discussion to focus on miscarriage (spontaneous abortion). You came to the Abortion Forum to fight to keep induced abortion legal. Right?

Now you weirdly desire to neuter the word "abortion" by removing the distinction of induced v. spontaneous abortions.

Don't preach to me about "ridiculousness."

You're a mess.

Atrisco Village

#267588 Dec 2, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Shows doesn't it, you have no desire you have children. I am sick of how people in society actually treat being childree as a simple case as it being their choice and their being nothing wrong with it, go to hell, it is one of the strongest indicators of a selfish mindset.
You are a weird, weird little man. I have never met anyone who is offended at people who don't have kids. Hilarious :-D
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267589 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And it isn't a problem in all multi faith families just because you know one person who makes it a problem. We were talking, by the way, about families of more than one religion. Atheism is not a religion.
You're such an idiot.
I think it is idiotic to think that you can teach and instill two very different philosophies to a child and not have them be confused and not know what to believe. To have a strong religious belief you have to disavow for yourself, all other faiths.

Atrisco Village

#267590 Dec 2, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Wisdom and incite, thats my source.
What are you trying to incite, a laughfest?

What a goofball...

Atrisco Village

#267591 Dec 2, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Your the only whiny one stuck in the past, by calling the savage suffregates feminists. Women have been given the rights to vote, look at Margaret Thatcher.
Oh, and my effing God. You're precious! Write more, please.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#267592 Dec 2, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Medical reports dont have hyperbolic bullshit added to them.
<quoted text>
Is that what happened to your grandma No Relevance? I wouldn't blame her given how you turned out.
Foo: Did your grandma blow her head off w/ a shot gun, NR? I wouldn't blame her given how you turned out.

After your mom died in a fire, your dad no longer wanted to be your dad. You drove both of your adoptive parents to the grave. Now you live off of your inheritance from them.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267593 Dec 2, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>When did it prove that there's a God? Let's start with the basics.
God did prove Himself to many people. They wrote down the evidence of that proof and many still believe those testaments. Christ did the same.

Atrisco Village

#267594 Dec 2, 2012
Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
You can be born without the natural desire not to have kids? No, look at another post and you will see how I disproved you.
You can't disprove something with your opinion, dumbass.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267595 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is idiotic to think that you can teach and instill two very different philosophies to a child and not have them be confused and not know what to believe. To have a strong religious belief you have to disavow for yourself, all other faiths.
Completely untrue. There are religions that teach that there are many paths to the Divine, or at least don't insist that everyone must be the same religion. There are also many devout Christians who don't believe others must also be Christian.

Also, no one spoke of "instilling" both. We're talking about teaching the beliefs of both, and letting the child decide for themselves.

YOU'RE just a narrow-minded bigot. I'm not surprised someone like you can't understand the concept. You don't, after all, understand much of anything else, either.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267596 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
God did prove Himself to many people. They wrote down the evidence of that proof and many still believe those testaments. Christ did the same.
That's not proof. It's faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Realtime 1,153,221
Sex offender allegedly stalks Allentown boy for... 3 hr silly rabbit 1
Allentown City Council approves appointment of ... 3 hr silly rabbit 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 hr JOEL 70,988
Allentown's West End Theatre District wins award 18 hr silly rabbit 1
Shula's Steakhouse Coming to Downtown Allentown 18 hr silly rabbit 8
Morganelli asks Northampton County officials fo... (Jun '09) Tue Gatsby 28

Catasauqua News Video

Catasauqua Dating
Find my Match