Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311048 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#267621 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
God did prove Himself to many people. They wrote down the evidence of that proof and many still believe those testaments. Christ did the same.
You can't prove any of that. That's why it's called faith. The Bible cannot be proven as fact. That's not a problem if you don't expect for everyone to follow your religion's tenets as the law of the land. You can and should believe anything you like. Same for me.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#267622 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. You can't teach that the earth revolves around the sun and also teach that the sun revolves around the earth. Then ask the four year old to make up his own mind. Wher do they get such foggy brains?
Who said anything about four year olds? Even the RCC doesn't do that.

Religion, no matter if it's a single faith family, or a multifaith family, should always be age appropriate.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267623 Dec 2, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It happens all the time. Where do you spend your days, in a box?
It doesn't work well even though you would like to think so.

Give it some thought.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#267624 Dec 2, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>That's poor parenting if he's mocking and scoffing in front of the children. They both should have known these problems would arise. Don't Catholics get get some kind of counseling before they marry especially if it's interfaith? Actually it is a problem regardless of being the same religion or not.
My personal bet is that he knows he will get a reaction from her. So openly mocks her to get a rise. Which as we all have seen here is not too hard to do.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267625 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You left Catholicism because it wasn't an easy breezy religion that fit your lifestyle.
No, now you're just lying. I left for the reason I just gave.

WHAT "lifestyle" would that be, Witless? ASSuming again, are you?

Location hidden

#267626 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Mom says Christ is God.
Dad says Jesus didn't exist.
Where exactly do these children find their way and how do they decide which parent is wrong?
I can only see this working in families where there is no real committment to any religion.
Happens all the time, doll. Some kids raise their children to think, reason, and problem-solve. They aren't afraid to encourage their kids to think for themselves.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#267627 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Mom says Christ is God.
Dad says Jesus didn't exist.
Where exactly do these children find their way and how do they decide which parent is wrong?
I can only see this working in families where there is no real committment to any religion.
What's even more confusing is not all Athiests believe Jesus didn't exist but they all believe He was not the Son of God since no God exists according to their beliefs. Why not pray about it and ask God to lead them and guide them. Where's your faith?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267628 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>You don't sound very confident or strong in your beliefs. If I didn't believe in a God,I will be damned if I allowed my spouse to tell my child that there is one.
If someone is a practicing Jew,then they wouldn't be okay to expect their Catholic/Christian wife to teach their child about their Christian/Catholic faith. It's a total contradiction to tell a child that their is No Jesus but then tell them that their is a Savior Jesus.
One of my moms best couple friends were of different faiths. The husband was a Jew and the wife was a Catholic. They fell in love and he married her knowing that they would live the Catholic teachings and raise kids in that relgion. He attended mass EVERY Sunday and other days during the week too.
It's not about teaching them,it is about LIVING it by example and this couple did and that is why they have kids who do also.
So, still trying to speak for all Jews, are you? Given that there is already someone here who is Jewish and married to a Christian, anything YOU say is meaningless.

LOL, your arrogance, and ignorance, are astounding.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267629 Dec 2, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like the problem is that your daughter is married to a jerk. I was married to a believer and we raised a son who is not at all confused about spiritual matters. He is also a believer. The reason being that we respect each other.
What was the philosophy that you were strongly teaching your son while his father was teaching him about God?

Location hidden

#267630 Dec 2, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd find youself incorrect (again) when reading the surgical reports from a D&C abortion v. D&C post miscarriage.
You see, there are laws - even when intentionally killing preborn babies. The abortionist can't hide the fact he/she's stopping a beating heart...ending a life.
The medical/surgical documentation makes it clear that it is NOT the same procedure.
Your attempt to minimize the intentional killing of those in utero has failed. Again.
The medical documentation will state the rationale behind the decision to perform the procedure. It is the same procedure with different rationales. If you know anything about medicine, you know that.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267631 Dec 2, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>My personal bet is that he knows he will get a reaction from her. So openly mocks her to get a rise. Which as we all have seen here is not too hard to do.
He strongly believes that there is no God and says so.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267632 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo says "Call it whatever you want, the procedure doesn't change - nor does its PURPOSE change".
I just don't get it. How can people be so ignorant?
Not all D&C's are to remove a human from the womb. She claims that it is to clean out the womb but is forgetting that a human being present in that womb changes everything.
It's interesting how a diehard proabort & deathscort like foo goes to extreme lengths to cover up the truth of what she promotes.

She is uneasy with what she is doing (supports 1.2 million preborn baby deaths/year in U.S.)

Foo's mouthing off notwithstanding, she realizes she's willingly & intentionally on the wrong side - the side of death & destruction.

She makes this clear in her bobbing-and-weaving from truth.

Location hidden

#267633 Dec 2, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
One D&C procedure is induced abortion. It's intent is to directly end the life of the preborn before removing him/her from the uterus.
Surgical documention does not consider a "D&C is a D&C is a D&C." Surgeon better call a D&C abortion by name....he can't perform induced abortions willy nilly....unless he wants to lose is license.
Lol, where do you get this shit?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267634 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about four year olds? Even the RCC doesn't do that.
Religion, no matter if it's a single faith family, or a multifaith family, should always be age appropriate.
Ever hear of 'Now I lay me down to Sleep'? Age appropiate?

You don't star teaching about God when they are in their teens. It's part of a child's life from early on. You may do it differently.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#267635 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
See my previous post to Witless.
Do YOU really talk to your children like you talk to people here? Seriously? Sounds like lousy parenting to me.
There is a vast difference between what adults say to each other on a debate forum, espectially those who are busily denigrating or own religions, and what a parent teaches their child about religion. You ASSume that the conversation will be a denial of the other parent's religion, instead of a lesson in their own. Why is that?
Or do YOU, as Witless apparently does, believe that the central teaching of Jesus was that Christians (who actually didn't exist them, just by the way, Jesus' religion was Judaism) should inform others that their religions are crap? Because I don't remember any such words attributted to him.

"""You ASSume that the conversation will be a denial of the other parent's religion, instead of a lesson in their own. Why is that?"""

I believe that "lessons" are taught by example first. Then,instructional methods of teaching.

If I am teaching my child that their is one true God,and living that faith...examples...and taking my child to instruction as well as teaching it on my own....then how can I then,hand them over to their father who will teach them that there is "no one true God",as well as teaching them the total opposite of what is taught in moms religion and beliefs?

BTW...I don't know who this "witless" person that you are referring to. Can't you ever just stop with your hatred?

As believers in Jesus Christ,we are called to spread the good news.

I have a gf who was raised Jewish. She,at one point in her life,felt deep despair about how she was living her life. She had aborted and spiraled more out of control then she was before it. A close friend of hers who was on the "free living" journey,had "found Jesus". The rest of her friends mocked this guy,as did she. She LEARNED from his change in his life and his entire demenor. As much as they reminded him of his 'former self',he didn't flinch. He had great confidence in this Savior Jesus who changed him. One day,years later,she 'found this Jesus' too. She was a big bible reader too. She searched her own Jewish religion and came to believe that Jesus 'had' to be the messiah that the Jews were expecting. Thanks to the courage of this one man to teach by words AND example,she has since turned her life around.

Location hidden

#267636 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who doesn't understand. We start teaching our children about Christ as babies. There is only one God.
Tough to tell a toddler to listen to his own heart. If you don't grow up believing in something solid, then you grow up believing in nothing.
You are so easily baffled. It's a wonder you find your way home without a trail of crumbs to follow.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#267637 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo says "Call it whatever you want, the procedure doesn't change - nor does its PURPOSE change".
I just don't get it. How can people be so ignorant?
Not all D&C's are to remove a human from the womb. She claims that it is to clean out the womb but is forgetting that a human being present in that womb changes everything.
So what is the difference in how it's done when there is a human in the womb compared to when there is not, compared to when the human has died? The fact that a human is in the uterus doesn't change the steps taken to remove it.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267638 Dec 2, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You can't prove any of that. That's why it's called faith. The Bible cannot be proven as fact. That's not a problem if you don't expect for everyone to follow your religion's tenets as the law of the land. You can and should believe anything you like. Same for me.
What is fact is that the Bible was written by men who where inspired by the oral teachings of ancestors given guidelines to live by, by God. They believed that God had spoken and guided them. You can choose to believe none of it but it proof that 'they' believed.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#267639 Dec 2, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting how a diehard proabort & deathscort like foo goes to extreme lengths to cover up the truth of what she promotes.
She is uneasy with what she is doing (supports 1.2 million preborn baby deaths/year in U.S.)
Foo's mouthing off notwithstanding, she realizes she's willingly & intentionally on the wrong side - the side of death & destruction.
She makes this clear in her bobbing-and-weaving from truth.
Very scary how visibly pro-death many of these people really are. I truly believe that many refer to themselves as prochoice because that is how they were raised. Then you have the ones like foo,Katie and Bitler who express killing as a means to all ends. They are true die hard proaborts/prokilling.

Interestingly,many peoples stories of where they are today(what they support,how they live their lives,etc) show that something went desperately wrong in the lives in the past. It's like someone forced into their minds that they were worthless and insignificant. They then turn around and can't possible understand how a small,immature human can have ANY value if they don't.

It seems to become an issue of power to control then,...someone elses fate.

These people need desperate prayers.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#267640 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
So, still trying to speak for all Jews, are you? Given that there is already someone here who is Jewish and married to a Christian, anything YOU say is meaningless.
LOL, your arrogance, and ignorance, are astounding.
Where am I speaking for "all Jews" let alone "any Jew"?

Authentic Jews and Christians(Catholics) will understand the importance of raising a child. It is not just about "teaching them through words" but by example.

What kind of example would a child receive if BOTH parents were genuine about their beliefs(ACTUALLY practicing it not making up their own versions as they go along)and it was a total contradiction?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Incognito4Ever 1,376,103
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 55 min operation greylord 72,026
News Allentown contractor reaches $180,000 settlemen... (Apr '08) 3 hr Majdy 32
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) Thu silly rabbit 69
News A golden discovery: Philadelphia Butter Cake : ... (Mar '07) Thu Mara 69
News Towamensing Township Man Asked Woman For Ride T... (Dec '07) Wed Umduh 27
News Allentown sex offender admits he filmed naked 6... Wed Libby Mcbibby 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages