Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313212 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267614 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>You express alot of hate in your posts for those who disagree with you. That's not healthy.
If you truly believed and practiced your religion,you'd be sure to introduce and follow up with instruction for your child. How does a parent tell them that they are going to be instructed in two total opposite religions who contradict each other? Do you honestly believe this is healthy? Do you honestly believe that a child will actually embrace such a message from parents "It is up to YOU to listen to your own heart and decide what YOU will believe"?
Really?
She is full of hate. It goes along with the foggy brain. She doesn't espouse any 'truths' that don't change as needed.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#267615 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll tell you where the confusion is. I have a Catholic daughter married to an athiest. She is trying to raise her daughters Catholic and his mocking and scoffing of God is beyond impossible for her and the values she is trying to instill in her girls is being made a joke of. The girls don't know who to believe, Mom or Dad. This isn't a problem in families where parents share the same beliefs and values.
That's poor parenting if he's mocking and scoffing in front of the children. They both should have known these problems would arise. Don't Catholics get get some kind of counseling before they marry especially if it's interfaith? Actually it is a problem regardless of being the same religion or not.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267616 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's completely untrue, and just your bigotry showing.
I'm completely committed to my religion. I'm just bright enough to realize that it's not the only one that is a valid path to the Divine.
Catholicism tough? LOL, sorry, but it's much "tougher" to think for yourself, and determine with guidelines the best course of action to take, for each and every choice you make, than it is to follow orders given ahead of time for every aspect of life.
I left Catholicism because it made no intellectual or spiritual sense to me.
You left Catholicism because it wasn't an easy breezy religion that fit your lifestyle.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#267617 Dec 2, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ye Gods, Witless, you are so stupid. You're STILL missing the point. And you're STILL confusing Atheism with a religion, which was not what the conversation is about.
How about THIS one, which is a much more appropriate example....
Mom says, "As a Christian, I believe that Christ is God, and here is why...."
Dad says, "As a Wiccan, I believe that there is one source for all creation that we picture as both a God AND a Goddess, and here is why...."
BOTH parents then tell their children, "It is up to YOU to listen to your own heart, and decide what YOU will believe."
Get it NOW, Witless? I hope so, because I've dumbed it down as much as possible.
Out side of using a bouncing ball and shadow puppets. I do not think you can get it any more simple.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#267618 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>You express alot of hate in your posts for those who disagree with you. That's not healthy.
If you truly believed and practiced your religion,you'd be sure to introduce and follow up with instruction for your child. How does a parent tell them that they are going to be instructed in two total opposite religions who contradict each other? Do you honestly believe this is healthy? Do you honestly believe that a child will actually embrace such a message from parents "It is up to YOU to listen to your own heart and decide what YOU will believe"?
Really?
Yes, it happens all the time. I've seen it, personally. And the best examples were the couples who worked all this out between them before they even got married, let alone had children.

Of course there is follow up. Who said otherwise?

My teaching my children comparative religion along with my own worked out beautifully. It was very healthy. Much healthier in my opinion that "we're right, everyone else is wrong".

I have no hate for Witless. Mostly, the emotion I feel with dealing with her, or you, is amusement tinged with sadness that there are such people as you.
coyoteblue

Van Nuys, CA

#267619 Dec 2, 2012
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lying human garbage.
You claimed my post, the post you altered, was proof that I was someone else. Then, last week, you lied when you refused to acknowledge what you did. You asked for "proof" with post numbers, I gave them to you, and you still can't own up to your lies.
Again, you are lying human garbage
Yes,lyinlynniethepervert is exactly that.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#267620 Dec 2, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like the problem is that your daughter is married to a jerk. I was married to a believer and we raised a son who is not at all confused about spiritual matters. He is also a believer. The reason being that we respect each other.
You don't sound very confident or strong in your beliefs. If I didn't believe in a God,I will be damned if I allowed my spouse to tell my child that there is one.

If someone is a practicing Jew,then they wouldn't be okay to expect their Catholic/Christian wife to teach their child about their Christian/Catholic faith. It's a total contradiction to tell a child that their is No Jesus but then tell them that their is a Savior Jesus.

One of my moms best couple friends were of different faiths. The husband was a Jew and the wife was a Catholic. They fell in love and he married her knowing that they would live the Catholic teachings and raise kids in that relgion. He attended mass EVERY Sunday and other days during the week too.

It's not about teaching them,it is about LIVING it by example and this couple did and that is why they have kids who do also.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#267621 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
God did prove Himself to many people. They wrote down the evidence of that proof and many still believe those testaments. Christ did the same.
You can't prove any of that. That's why it's called faith. The Bible cannot be proven as fact. That's not a problem if you don't expect for everyone to follow your religion's tenets as the law of the land. You can and should believe anything you like. Same for me.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267622 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. You can't teach that the earth revolves around the sun and also teach that the sun revolves around the earth. Then ask the four year old to make up his own mind. Wher do they get such foggy brains?
Who said anything about four year olds? Even the RCC doesn't do that.

Religion, no matter if it's a single faith family, or a multifaith family, should always be age appropriate.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267623 Dec 2, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It happens all the time. Where do you spend your days, in a box?
It doesn't work well even though you would like to think so.

Give it some thought.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#267624 Dec 2, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>That's poor parenting if he's mocking and scoffing in front of the children. They both should have known these problems would arise. Don't Catholics get get some kind of counseling before they marry especially if it's interfaith? Actually it is a problem regardless of being the same religion or not.
My personal bet is that he knows he will get a reaction from her. So openly mocks her to get a rise. Which as we all have seen here is not too hard to do.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267625 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You left Catholicism because it wasn't an easy breezy religion that fit your lifestyle.
No, now you're just lying. I left for the reason I just gave.

WHAT "lifestyle" would that be, Witless? ASSuming again, are you?

Location hidden

#267626 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Mom says Christ is God.
Dad says Jesus didn't exist.
Where exactly do these children find their way and how do they decide which parent is wrong?
I can only see this working in families where there is no real committment to any religion.
Happens all the time, doll. Some kids raise their children to think, reason, and problem-solve. They aren't afraid to encourage their kids to think for themselves.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#267627 Dec 2, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Mom says Christ is God.
Dad says Jesus didn't exist.
Where exactly do these children find their way and how do they decide which parent is wrong?
I can only see this working in families where there is no real committment to any religion.
What's even more confusing is not all Athiests believe Jesus didn't exist but they all believe He was not the Son of God since no God exists according to their beliefs. Why not pray about it and ask God to lead them and guide them. Where's your faith?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#267628 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>You don't sound very confident or strong in your beliefs. If I didn't believe in a God,I will be damned if I allowed my spouse to tell my child that there is one.
If someone is a practicing Jew,then they wouldn't be okay to expect their Catholic/Christian wife to teach their child about their Christian/Catholic faith. It's a total contradiction to tell a child that their is No Jesus but then tell them that their is a Savior Jesus.
One of my moms best couple friends were of different faiths. The husband was a Jew and the wife was a Catholic. They fell in love and he married her knowing that they would live the Catholic teachings and raise kids in that relgion. He attended mass EVERY Sunday and other days during the week too.
It's not about teaching them,it is about LIVING it by example and this couple did and that is why they have kids who do also.
So, still trying to speak for all Jews, are you? Given that there is already someone here who is Jewish and married to a Christian, anything YOU say is meaningless.

LOL, your arrogance, and ignorance, are astounding.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267629 Dec 2, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like the problem is that your daughter is married to a jerk. I was married to a believer and we raised a son who is not at all confused about spiritual matters. He is also a believer. The reason being that we respect each other.
What was the philosophy that you were strongly teaching your son while his father was teaching him about God?

Location hidden

#267630 Dec 2, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd find youself incorrect (again) when reading the surgical reports from a D&C abortion v. D&C post miscarriage.
You see, there are laws - even when intentionally killing preborn babies. The abortionist can't hide the fact he/she's stopping a beating heart...ending a life.
The medical/surgical documentation makes it clear that it is NOT the same procedure.
Your attempt to minimize the intentional killing of those in utero has failed. Again.
The medical documentation will state the rationale behind the decision to perform the procedure. It is the same procedure with different rationales. If you know anything about medicine, you know that.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#267631 Dec 2, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>My personal bet is that he knows he will get a reaction from her. So openly mocks her to get a rise. Which as we all have seen here is not too hard to do.
He strongly believes that there is no God and says so.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#267632 Dec 2, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo says "Call it whatever you want, the procedure doesn't change - nor does its PURPOSE change".
I just don't get it. How can people be so ignorant?
Not all D&C's are to remove a human from the womb. She claims that it is to clean out the womb but is forgetting that a human being present in that womb changes everything.
It's interesting how a diehard proabort & deathscort like foo goes to extreme lengths to cover up the truth of what she promotes.

She is uneasy with what she is doing (supports 1.2 million preborn baby deaths/year in U.S.)

Foo's mouthing off notwithstanding, she realizes she's willingly & intentionally on the wrong side - the side of death & destruction.

She makes this clear in her bobbing-and-weaving from truth.

Location hidden

#267633 Dec 2, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
One D&C procedure is induced abortion. It's intent is to directly end the life of the preborn before removing him/her from the uterus.
Surgical documention does not consider a "D&C is a D&C is a D&C." Surgeon better call a D&C abortion by name....he can't perform induced abortions willy nilly....unless he wants to lose is license.
Lol, where do you get this shit?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Obama who 1,482,817
News Guilty plea by Allentown man in $3M... Sat silly rabbit 1
News 'The Inaugural Address in History': a Saturday ... Fri silly rabbit 1
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Thu truth 7,994
News No Duquesne City Students in Baldwin-Whitehall ... (Mar '13) Jan 18 JGM 11
News Two get probation in Pa. streetlight... Jan 17 silly rabbit 1
News Pawlowski pays to clean up corner office (Mar '06) Jan 17 silly rabbit 5

Catasauqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages