Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311364 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#266890 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"No one should be disputing what a D&C is."
Yet pro-choicers have disputed what a D&C is. That's the issue. Anyone who tries to argue that a D&C is not just a dilation and curettage procedure to treat an incomplete miscarriage to prevent sepsis, and claims it's an abortion after miscarriage in early pregnancy,(like you have claimed) is wrong, and is proving they aren't credible to state facts in what they post. Something pro-choicers here prove on a daily basis.
It isn't an issue. You just fancy it as some monumental turning point in the discussion of abortion. It's not. Relax.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#266891 Nov 30, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Abortion is abortion is abortion regardless. It's the ending of pregnancy prior to term. You'll never be faced with that type of decision nor will you befriend any woman who has ... unless she's been indoctrinated into your cult-like thinking. jmo
Doctors don't perform abortions on what already spontaneously aborted. They treat to prevent infection.

There's no "so?" about it. Either you people know the facts or you don't, and you keep displaying you don't.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#266892 Nov 30, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
NR, terminating pregnancy prior to term is called an abortion. In the long run it doesn't matter if it's spontaneous or induced. Abortion is a cure for pending rupture of embryo implanted outside the uterus. Embryo may be super healthy and going strong, but once it outgrows its space, it'll rupture, more than likely cause the woman to bleed internally and cause other internal injuries. If it's aborted prior to this point, do you still equate it with blowing off gramma's head?
Katie: NR, terminating pregnancy prior to term is called an abortion. In the long run it doesn't matter if it's spontaneous or induced.

In the long run, we're all dead. Doesn't mean I can shoot grandma's head off w/ a 12 guage shot gun.

Spontaneous: Grandma dies naturally.

Indused: Katie shoots grandma's head off w/ a shot gun.

Spontaneous: miscarriage

Indused: sharp curette, forceps, suction dismember & intentionally kill preborn baby.
________

Derp.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#266893 Nov 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
-------
Just 25 minutes ago, Katie called a D&C following a miscarriage an "abortion."
----------
NR: In one D&C scenerio, preborn baby is alive & intentionally & directly killed (abortion). In the other situation, the preborn baby died naturally, & D&C removes his body.
Katie: So? Abortion is abortion is abortion regardless. It's the ending of pregnancy prior to term.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Derp.
Ahh are antichoice fools still not getting it? No kidding, huh?

At the end of the day. You, myyself, and any one else not the woman does not get a say as to what or which decision she makes..

DURRRRR

That is your argument really.. Arguing over the reasoning or why it was/is some time necessary is just a an act of futility.

Roe V Wade makes it clear that the woman owns her decision. Not you, me or any one else. The case in Ireland point out the very real reason why Roe V Wade is necessary.

But then you little idiots, there is no the polite way to describe you fools, want to control a woman decision. It really is not religious either, in my opinion. It is really being frustrated that you can not control people at all.

And I say GOOOD!
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#266894 Nov 30, 2012
*induced*

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#266895 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, takes a pro-choicer to post "ways to avoid the truth". ALL things pro-choicers have done here.
I have answered that question, Toots, Bitner's lying, again.
You have never answered this question; Are you the same person who used to post here on Topix under the screen names of LynneD and Persevere? Are you saying you have answered THAT question? Because if you are, then you HAVE posted a direct lie.

What YOU'VE answered is the question "Are you Lynne?". And of course, no you're not, because that is not your real name.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266896 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You people have worded the question several different ways. I have answered the same answer all along. I'm not Lynne.
You can obsess all you want about it, change the wording any which way you want and you'll still get the same answer, because the question is stupid no matter how you word it, and it has already been answered no matter how it's worded.
Of course you're not Lynne. That is not your name. We all know that.

However, you have NEVER answered the question "Are you the same person who used to post here on Topix under the screen names of LynneD and Persevere? Not once have you answered it. You've danced around it, as you're doing now.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266897 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
A treatment is not necessarily a cure.
Where did I used the word "cure"? I didn't. I have always said treatment.

NR said "cure" but he just misspoke, which was obvious since he used the word "treatment" in the paragraph prior.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#266898 Nov 30, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
NR, terminating pregnancy prior to term is called an abortion. In the long run it doesn't matter if it's spontaneous or induced. Abortion is a cure for pending rupture of embryo implanted outside the uterus. Embryo may be super healthy and going strong, but once it outgrows its space, it'll rupture, more than likely cause the woman to bleed internally and cause other internal injuries. If it's aborted prior to this point, do you still equate it with blowing off gramma's head?
Katie regarding ectopic pregnancy: If it's aborted prior to this point, do you still equate it with blowing off gramma's head?

Yes.

And the links I provided explain why. Of course, that would require you to read the one-page links. But, alas.....
________

Derp.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266899 Nov 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
-------
Just 25 minutes ago, Katie called a D&C following a miscarriage an "abortion."
----------
NR: In one D&C scenerio, preborn baby is alive & intentionally & directly killed (abortion). In the other situation, the preborn baby died naturally, & D&C removes his body.
Katie: So? Abortion is abortion is abortion regardless. It's the ending of pregnancy prior to term.
Derp.
Exactly, but do you think Ayakaneo will pick up on that? I doubt it. If she does, she'll ignore it and try to come back again claiming no pro-choicer has ever said that.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266900 Nov 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Lily to Foo: It was you ignorant pro-choice buffoons calling it an "abortion" procedure when used after miscarriage, and you were wrong.
Derp.
Think Ayakaneo will understand what's posted? I doubt it.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#266901 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your proof? Non-existant. See how valuable the ability to prove what someone posted is? I know the value and is why I can and will always prove my claims of what someone posted with post numbers and the post.
You take yourself way too seriously, sweetheart. This is Topix, for crying out loud. Tell me, how valuable is what you post here? What do you do in real life that an internet forum is somber business? Pulleeze...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266902 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I used the word "cure"? I didn't. I have always said treatment.
NR said "cure" but he just misspoke, which was obvious since he used the word "treatment" in the paragraph prior.
Then why did you respond to the question "Who said abortion is a CURE for a miscarriage", with "You did, Fool", when what the other poster had responded to was the word treatment?
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#266903 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, but do you think Ayakaneo will pick up on that? I doubt it. If she does, she'll ignore it and try to come back again claiming no pro-choicer has ever said that.
Lily: do you think Ayakaneo will pick up on that? I doubt it...she'll ignore it and try to come back again claiming no pro-choicer has ever said that

If she does, I have a "derp" waiting for her.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266904 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion". There is no proof that I did...

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
You support a woman's RIGHT to electively terminate her pregnancy.
And STILL you can't bring yourself to say it.
Mind boggling !!!

Bitner wrote
<quoted text>I support her right to make her own choice. I'll not say something that is not true..."

What's "not true" in Doc's question to you? He said you "support a woman's RIGHT to electively terminate her pregnancy", or in other words, have an abortion. YOU claimed you won't say something that's not true.

A year later you denied having said that you don't support a woman's right to electively terminate her pregnancy. You considered admitting to that a non-truth. I proved then that you lied.

Dec 18, 2011
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already proved it since I've been here, so have many other pro-lifers. Do you deny having said that you don't support the right to choose abortion? I saw your post Bitner, in which you were asked to admit to supporting abortion as a choice and you posted that you wouldn't admit to what's not true.

Sorry, didn't address the questions. Since I'm not afraid to answer honestly, I'll do so now.

Bitner wrote
<quoted text>
~~~"Yes, I deny having said that I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion.~~I have never said that.~~~ In fact, just about a month ago, I answered this question, and stated clearly that of course supporting a woman's right to make her own choice means support of her right to abort, just as it does her right to continue her pregnancy. I DON'T support abortion. You're talking about two different things here. I support a woman's right to make her own choice, not the choices."~~~

Doc didn't state you supported abortion, but that you supported the RIGHT to abortion. In response you said you wouldn't admit to what's "not true".

Easy to prove you lied.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266905 Nov 30, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't an issue. You just fancy it as some monumental turning point in the discussion of abortion. It's not. Relax.
I'm as cool as a cucumber, Toots. Providing facts is easy for me to do. Providing proof pro-choicers lie is also easy for me to do.

The D&C issue is as relevant as anything else in proving pro-choicers who post here are ignorant buffoons who argue things they don't know anything about, and they post lies.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266906 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did you respond to the question "Who said abortion is a CURE for a miscarriage", with "You did, Fool", when what the other poster had responded to was the word treatment?
Because, it was obvious he misspoke, since he used the word "treatment" prior, and Ayakaneo's reading comprehension failed again.

Ayakaneo's post with NR's quote within.
~No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
NR: Abortion procedures aren't treatments for miscarriage.
AyakaNeo: Well yes they are.

Ayakaneo; "Who said an abortion is a cure for miscarriage? A D&C is a D&C, it's the same D&C that scrapes the uterus in either an elective abortion, or any natural abortion. No one has remotely even come close to saying that should a women need a D&C for a miscarriage does the doctor say, "o.k are you ready for your abortion procedure?". The steps taken to empty the contents are no different in either case."

In that she speaks of D&C not being an abortion after miscarriage, she doesn't dispute it being called a "cure", or what NR really meant which is "treatment".

You have enough to deal with your own lies and stupidity. Why are you adding your stupidity to Ayakaneo's?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266907 Nov 30, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Lily: do you think Ayakaneo will pick up on that? I doubt it...she'll ignore it and try to come back again claiming no pro-choicer has ever said that
If she does, I have a "derp" waiting for her.
lol

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266908 Nov 30, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
You support a woman's RIGHT to electively terminate her pregnancy.
And STILL you can't bring yourself to say it.
Mind boggling !!!
Bitner wrote
<quoted text>I support her right to make her own choice. I'll not say something that is not true..."
What's "not true" in Doc's question to you? He said you "support a woman's RIGHT to electively terminate her pregnancy", or in other words, have an abortion. YOU claimed you won't say something that's not true.
A year later you denied having said that you don't support a woman's right to electively terminate her pregnancy. You considered admitting to that a non-truth. I proved then that you lied.
Dec 18, 2011
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I've already proved it since I've been here, so have many other pro-lifers. Do you deny having said that you don't support the right to choose abortion? I saw your post Bitner, in which you were asked to admit to supporting abortion as a choice and you posted that you wouldn't admit to what's not true.
Sorry, didn't address the questions. Since I'm not afraid to answer honestly, I'll do so now.
Bitner wrote
<quoted text>
~~~"Yes, I deny having said that I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion.~~I have never said that.~~~ In fact, just about a month ago, I answered this question, and stated clearly that of course supporting a woman's right to make her own choice means support of her right to abort, just as it does her right to continue her pregnancy. I DON'T support abortion. You're talking about two different things here. I support a woman's right to make her own choice, not the choices."~~~
Doc didn't state you supported abortion, but that you supported the RIGHT to abortion. In response you said you wouldn't admit to what's "not true".
Easy to prove you lied.
Not at all. I explained all this before. What I was talking about, was supporting abortion. I don't. I know you want to twist it into something else, because you're dishonest and are desperate to prove others so, but that IS what I was referring to. It had been the topic for weeks, regardless of Dic's post. Dishonest of you to leave off the rest of that sentence. Was that so you could twist it? What more was there to the post?

Until you find a post where I actually say "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion", you've not proven that I lied.

Now, are you the same person who used to post here on Topix under the screen names of LynneD and Persevere?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#266909 Nov 30, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion". There is no proof that I did.
Just so you can't get away with your little word game again, no one claimed you said, "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion.", so you can't stop trying to use that little quote loophole.

No one claimed you said it in those words. What has been claimed is in reply to Doc stating "You support a woman's RIGHT to electively terminate her pregnancy", you said, "I'll not say something that is not true."

You are denying supporting the right to abortion.

That's what's been claimed, NOT that you said, "I don't support a woman's right to have an abortion."

Which number of Ayakaneo's "10 things to avoid the truth without lying" (for pro-choicers) are you using now? lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Denny CranesPlace 1,396,542
silly rabbit speaks irrational nonsense and gib... (May '14) 2 hr Serious Rabbit 72
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) 2 hr Serious Rabbit 98
silly rabbit is unemployed and uneducated (Apr '14) 13 hr Serious Rabbit 67
News Paulson defends Merrill Lynch deal (Jul '09) Tue Swedenforever 6
News Police say masturbating man assaults woman Jun 28 silly rabbit 1
News Vigil set in Allentown after Orlando club shooting Jun 26 silly rabbit 15

Catasauqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages