Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266487 Nov 27, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"1. You are pro-choice. What that means Bitler,is that you are for a womans choice to keep her baby alive, or to kill her baby. YES,you do support both choices. ONE of them is killing a humans life."
No. It means I support her RIGHT to make her own choice. I don't support the choices. I'm sorry you're not bright enough to understand the distinction.
"2. What do you mean "her life which is sacred too"? Too? as in her babys life is sacred along with hers?"
There is no baby. There is an embryo or fetus. I hold all life as sacred.
"Yes,you ARE going against your religion. That life in the womb(that of YOUR own flesh and blood/offspring)is sacred in OR out of the womb. Location doesn't validify that.
Killing a "SACRED HUMAN LIFE" because you can't be bothered with mothering your child OR giving her/him away for adoption is invalid.
ALL HUMAN LIFE IS SACRED.
Don't dare compare your own innocent,incovenient(for you)offspring in the womb to a criminal. WHAT kind of mother justifys creating her child then killing them(in or out of the womb)because they don't want to mother that child?"
I'm sorry you didn't like my answer, but your opinion does not change it. I'm the one who is Wiccan. I've explained WHY I am not going against my religion. I told the truth. Holding all life to be sacred does not preclude taking life. Otherwise we would not be able to eat, defend ourselves, execute criminal, eliminate pests, or decide our own fate. My religion says I can do all of the above. So no, I'm not going against my religion. Deal with it.
Sick. Insanity.
"""I don't support the choices.""" "

Of course you do. You claim to be PRO-CHOICE,don't you? I don't support her legal choice to abort and that is why I fight against it. Why are you so afraid to say that you don't support her specific choices regarding this matter? You're being dishonest.

""""" I hold all life as sacred """"

You'd of aborted if you became pregnant today. Obviously,you don't hold "all" life sacred. You support a womans legal right to choose to kill her offspring. You don't don't hold "all" life sacred.

Again,you are being dishonest.

""""Holdin g all life to be sacred does not preclude taking life.""""

You are comparing the criminal/insect with an innocent human growing in his/her mothers womb. How "Motherly" of you Bitler @@

You're like a mother who kills her newborn or older child,who claims that she respects "all human life". Sorry,it's a total contradiction.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266488 Nov 27, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> I certainly DO have sex, simply not with a man you moron.
<quoted text>
I cant? Really?
Actually I certainly COULD if I CHOSE to.
<quoted text>
Uh, no I'm not you moron.
<quoted text>
Actually, it does, and here's the difference between me and you - I can tell you SPECIFICALLY why, while you will avoid the question asked of you regarding how the insurance mandate affects YOUR relgious rights like the plague because it DOESNT affect you in any way, shape or form.
RvW was effectively the lynch-pin of women's rights. Without RvW, not only would our rights as women be back in the dark ages - modern civil rights regarding making our own medical decisions would be in question.
If I were to be raped AND if your kind's "faith based" bullshit was the law of the land, my religious rights would be DIRECTELY violated with an inability to abort if my life were in danger.
If RvW were overturned, it would take away EVERY WOMANS RIGHT TO MEDICAL AUTONOMY & PRIVACY, including yours and mine, and while YOU would clearly be okay with that, NORMAL people wouldn't.
<quoted text>
Except it DOESNT affect ALL of us, except those people who are being DENIED insurance because of some employer's religous bullshit being forced on them.
YOU are not being affected at all.
But by all means, tell us EXACTLY how. This is the THIRD time I've asked and all you're giving so far is deflections, and pathetic ones at that.
<quoted text>
Yes. That's right. Forced to provide COMPREHENSIVE INSURANCE without religous bullshit interfering.
<quoted text>
AGAIN for the stupid girl - they're NOT being forced to go against their religous beliefs. They're being forced to provide INSURANCE, something your religoius beliefs say NOTHING about.
<quoted text>
Prove it.
"""They're being forced to provide INSURANCE, something your religoius beliefs say NOTHING about"""" "

They are being FORCED. PERIOD. Do you get it? We have religious freedoms in this country and it goes against it when someone is FORCED to offer contraceptives that can be abortificants.

Somehow THIS is "different" from your claims of reversing RvW? Really?

""""If I were to be raped AND if your kind's "faith based" bullshit was the law of the land, my religious rights would be DIRECTELY violated with an inability to abort if my life were in danger.""" """"

Excuse me? YOUR 'religious rights'? You suddenly DESERVE *your* religous rights? What a hypocrite.

Judism does NOT condone abortion.

You are 50 years old. You don't have sex with a man. YOU are not getting pregnant anyway even "if" you are still fertile. So,how does this personally affect you? It doesn't. Stop being a hypocrite.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#266489 Nov 27, 2012
100 pregnant women walk into a Planned Parenthood. Only 3 leave with the baby in their womb still alive. (97 kill their baby during an abortion procedure).
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266490 Nov 27, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen G-d? How do you know we're made in G-d's image? Personally, and I don't believe in it (I'm Jewish, in case you've forgotten that), but I think you were made in Satan's image.
Explain G-d's love to the parents of Jessica Ridgeway.
You recently converted to Judism and you are seriously asking "How do you know we're made in Gods image" and that you "don't believe in it"?

lol
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266491 Nov 27, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
When did it become your business what another person uses their health insurance for? You fundies just love to insinuate yourselves into everyone's private business. Buttthefuckout.
You are completely misunderstanding. It's not about what "another person uses their health insurance for",it is about FORCING an employer to provide something that goes against their religious rights.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#266492 Nov 27, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps the women don't want the referrals. I suppose that would never occur to you, huh?
It's not like PP can force them to consider adoption.
a .03% adoption rate clearly indicates unbiased pregnancy counseling is NOT taking place.

A monkey counselor could yield an adoption referral rate better than Planned Parenthood.

40% of Planned Parenthood's operating income comes from killing babies. So..........the intent/motive/focus/goal isn't adoption referrals.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#266493 Nov 27, 2012
Husker du wrote:
<quoted text>Pp won't receive any money when referring adoptions,pp will for slaughtering the unborn.
Your narrow-minded refusal to consider the alternative hardly makes your speculation fact.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266494 Nov 27, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you JUST claimed it affects EVERYONE INCLUDING YOU. So which time were you lying?
<quoted text>
Wrong again. The Jewish faith doesn't have the issues your kind have about birth control, just like we dont have the same problems with abortion. And in fact - since we dont believe that a zygote is a person or a human being, you'd be wrong again. In fact, in the Orthodoxy, the commandment of being fruitful and multiplying is ONLY a male obligation, and women are free to choose to use BC if they so choose.
<quoted text>
Why is it you can only come up with patently moronic scenerios that have ZERO basis in reality?
""""just like we dont have the same problems with abortion.""" """"

The Jewish faith is against abortion. I didn't say that it was against birth control use. The pill and IUD *can* be abortificants.

According to YOU,your faith allows abortion for the life of the mother(i.e DYING on the table). So how can you sit here and tell me that we "don't" have the same problems with abortions.?

You obviously like to twist your religion to suit your own agenda.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#266495 Nov 27, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that claim.
Planned Parenthood 2009 Report: We Perform 340 Abortions for Every Adoption Referral

http://liveaction.org/blog/planned-parenthood...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266496 Nov 27, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
"Of course you do."

No, I don't.

"You claim to be PRO-CHOICE,don't you?"

I don't claim to be. I am pro-choice.

"I don't support her legal choice to abort and that is why I fight against it."

I don't support either choice, but the woman's RIGHTS.

"Why are you so afraid to say that you don't support her specific choices regarding this matter? You're being dishonest."

I'm NOT afraid to say I don't support her specific choices. That's been my point. Here's a hint, Stupid Sassy, proof read your posts before sending them.

"You'd of aborted if you became pregnant today."

I can't get pregnant today. I said that at least a year ago. But yes, given my age and health issues, I'd have aborted a pregnancy.

"Obviously,you don't hold "all" life sacred."

Nonsense. I do.

"You support a womans legal right to choose to kill her offspring."

No. I support her legal right to make her own choice. Period.

"You don't don't hold "all" life sacred."

Absolutely I do.

"Again,you are being dishonest."

No, you are incapable of understanding, and are wrong.

"You are comparing the criminal/insect with an innocent human growing in his/her mothers womb."

No, I compared killing, and pointed out that if holding all life to be sacred precluded killing, we'd all starve.

"How "Motherly" of you Bitler @@"

How dishonest of YOU to ignore the other comparisons there.

"You're like a mother who kills her newborn or older child,who claims that she respects "all human life". Sorry,it's a total contradiction."

No, I am not like such a mother.

And my position is not a contradiction just because you can't understand it.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266497 Nov 27, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Furthering an agenda, you don't think it's news worthy? You want it hushed up that a Irish Catholic hospital refused an abortion because a fetal heart beat was detected but a miscarriage was imminent. Inconclusive reports are not going to change the fact she was refused an abortion because of the Catholic religion agenda.
I don't recall seeing those 491 killed newborns on the news either. I guess NOBODY thinks that killing a newborn baby that survives abortion,is news worthy :/

Why is it news that an Irish Catholic hospital refuses an abortion?

"""Inconclusive reports are not going to change the fact she was refused an abortion """"

Maybe not but it just might change the facts that she might have not needed an abortion in order to save her life. Perhaps her death ws imminent at that point. We can't just make up our own version in order to satify our own personal agenda.

That is EXACTLY what foo did when she made her claim that the Catholic hospital killed her gay brother in laws husbands sisters friends neice. She attempted to attack a Catholic institution along with furthering her abortion agenda. ALL at the expense of some poor woman who died while with child.

She OWES everyone an explanation for her accusations but she refuses to tell the "real" story because she knows that she lied.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266498 Nov 27, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
a .03% adoption rate clearly indicates unbiased pregnancy counseling is NOT taking place.
A monkey counselor could yield an adoption referral rate better than Planned Parenthood.
40% of Planned Parenthood's operating income comes from killing babies. So..........the intent/motive/focus/goal isn't adoption referrals.
Like I said to Nutter, your narrow-mindedness doesn't prove your speculation.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266499 Nov 27, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I could understand that better if the business were a religious bookstore or Catholic hospital but not a hobby store. And hey, there a millions of people working for minimum wage or layed off who can't afford any coverage.
Of course alternative medicine isn't covered there is no scientific validity to alternative medicine. There is scientific proof that birth control prevents abortions.
Over 50% of all abortion (recorded) were done on women who used birth control. Doesn't sound like birth control prevents abortions to me.

Oh,and that is not including the woman who lied to their Dr's and told them that they did in fact use birth control,when they didn't (that is what lala said that she told her Dr because she was embarrassed).

"""there is no scientific validity to alternative medicine""" "

I disagree.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266500 Nov 27, 2012
TomTom wrote:
<quoted text>
"I've dehumanized nothing"
So you are again shpowing how wrong you are, oh pagan princess of trans fats. You admit that the unborn child is human. So when the abortion you support occurs, the human is killed, so it is lterally dehumanized-permanetly.
You are as proabort as your pagan buddies, you are just sneaky and lie about it. It is you trademark. Along with deep fried back bacon.
All prais the blessed baconus
""oh pagan princess of trans fats""

LMAO
Husker du

United States

#266501 Nov 27, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your narrow-minded refusal to consider the alternative hardly makes your speculation fact.
I know what evil is. I will NEVER support the slaughter of an unborn child. Like YOU do.
Husker du

United States

#266502 Nov 27, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said to Nutter, your narrow-mindedness doesn't prove your speculation.
I guess you carried little sub human (fat) demons in your womb.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266503 Nov 27, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
""oh pagan princess of trans fats""
LMAO
Another shallow child. It's such a shame that you must pick on someone for their looks. I guess schoolyard insults are all you have left. You most certainly don't have a good argument to put forth.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266504 Nov 27, 2012
Husker du wrote:
<quoted text> I know what evil is. I will NEVER support the slaughter of an unborn child. Like YOU do.
I do no such thing. You lie, and we all know it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#266505 Nov 27, 2012
Husker du wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you carried little sub human (fat) demons in your womb.
LOL, it must really stick in your craw, that I am a happy person with a wonderful family, a great career helping people, and is spiritually fulfilled, and all without walking in lockstep with your Nazi Pope.

Suck it up, Buttercup. Enjoy your sour grapes.
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

#266506 Nov 27, 2012
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
If those are excuses for why NR has not adopted one child, I'd like to hear it from him, not from you Knutter. Stop defending the indefensible.
How many children have I adopted? Do dogs and cats count? If you're really "pro-life," they should. After all, they're my "children" too. I even have medical, I mean, veterinarian coverage on them as well.
Last time I checked,this topic was about humans not dogs and cats.

What is with you people? Do you have your animals on the very same level as your children?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RealDave 1,405,081
News Allentown couple charged with stealing $1.4 M f... 11 hr silly rabbit 1
stirr allentown's political pot of blue juice (Oct '14) 19 hr silly rabbit 49
News Allentown police working to improve community r... 20 hr silly rabbit 20
News Edie's Eatery serves unique pastries, sandwiche... Wed silly rabbit 1
News Cops catch accused supermarket bandit after run... Tue silly rabbit 6
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) Tue silly rabbit 106

Catasauqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance