Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311495 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#266395 Nov 26, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The discussion I was commng on was about human (adjective) DNA. But then you knew that. Its just another thing for you to twist to suit your agenda.
But then, that's why you're such a loser.
Foo: The discussion I was commng on was about human (adjective) DNA.

If you look at what you were commenting on, "Human DNA" was what you were commenting on. You were commenting on the noun form of human, and human being.

Look for yourself....
________

NR: A human and a human being are synonyms...interchangeable.

Foo: Depending on the context, no they're not "interchangable". "human" being used as a noun is NOT interchangable as "human" being used as an ajective ya dummy.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

NR: A human and a human being are synonyms.[Bitner] you're making up a subjective & random vocabulary rule in order to excuse executing little humans.

Foo: And you're ignoring that depending on the context and GRAMMATICAL rules they're NOT NECESSISARILY synonyms.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

Grammatical rules show "a human" is a noun. Human being is a noun. As you said, they are synonyms in this instance. Which was exactly what I also said.

It's remarkable how you are ZERO for six in a few short days.

You just keep screwing up. Over and over and over again. Making a complete jackass out of yourself.

Remarkable.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#266396 Nov 26, 2012
Correction: If you look at what you were commenting on, "Human DNA" was * NOT * what you were commenting on.
Husker du

United States

#266397 Nov 26, 2012
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#266398 Nov 26, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Their words are just ridiculous, Foo.
I can't read 'em anymore.
Why don't the self-proclaimed members of the PLM just march into their nearest Representative's office with petitions handing over their civil rights of personal privacy and bodily autonomy? It could be first come, first serve, with an end in sight. Win/win.
Katie: "Their words are just ridiculous, Foo."

Katie: "LIFE STARTS when the circulatory system starts on its own and can support life WITHOUT AN UMBILICAL CORD."

Johnny Carbon12: "...the fetus has a penis, and that fetus is part of her body....yes the woman has a penis. Just like you have what is essentially a clitoris subjected to different hormones. The difference between woman and man is very slight."

Lala: "Heck, the way I see it, if anything abortion increases the value of the living."

Katie: "I believe before the cord is cut, before 1st breath is taken it is still technically a fetus. Until born and breathing, that 'child's life' is nonexistent."

Johnny Carbon: "Women and men are nearly identical. Human sexuality is fluid." - Johnny Carbon-12

Foo: "she [Ariel Richards] had been beaten and had been held against her will. She was found Wednesday, and was returned to her home in Florida last night after time in an Atlanta hospital." [NOTE: Foo was unable to provide even ONE link corroborating her amazing details. Not one.]

No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#266399 Nov 26, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The discussion I was commng on was about human (adjective) DNA. But then you knew that. Its just another thing for you to twist to suit your agenda.
But then, that's why you're such a loser.
You see, the context had already been established. Bitner herself admitted her use of "a human" was in noun form.

Your lecture, foo, regarding "context" and "adjective form" was irrelevant. Again, context of discussion was ALREADY established: Human in its noun form.

I am glad that you agree that Human (noun) and Human being are synonyms. That's what I also told Bitner.

Funny how you are correct when you don't want to be, and you can't hit the intellectual broad side of a barn when you want to.

You are unintentional comedic value.

Derp.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#266401 Nov 26, 2012
---------( o o )---------
--oo0---(_)---0oo----

Hey, Statler, odds are rising that that Foo fella is gonna say something stupid again.

---------( o o )---------
----oo0---(_)---0oo----

I'm no expert, Waldorf, but I think ignorance can develop into a bad habit.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#266402 Nov 26, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text> What claims have you proven? You actually think you can prove that someone is posting as someone else? No, you, yourself declare the poster proves it when they post. With that being said, you have proven you are LynneD. The fact that you haven't openly admitted to that on this forum doesn't make it not true and doesn't make it true. Therefore nothing is proven. You've claimed Foo is many posters in the present and past but you haven't proven it. You haven't proved Foo has lied about Ariel Richards either. You said she was posting play by play which means she was posting second hand knowledge as she got it. If her ex, or the police, or her brother relayed the info to her, it doesn't make Foo a liar, it simply means the claims made by others that Ariel was beaten and hospitalized gave Foo misinformation. Foo plainly stated, "I will post more as I get it". Sorry, you haven't proven anything. You're just so quick to want to catch her in a lie that you fail to think it through clearly before you accuse. You guys accused her of saying Ariel was 14 and not 20, but I being new to the situation and reading the post from 2010 made the distinction that there was another girl missing along with Ariel who was 14 and I posted that link for you several weeks ago I'm pretty sure.
Ayakaneo: "What claims have you proven? You actually think you can prove that someone is posting as someone else? No, you, yourself declare the poster proves it when they post."

You must be on drugs or something because girl, you never follow what's been posted, and you reply with out of the blue stupidity.

I never declared people prove who they are when they post. I also never said I've proven that someone is posting as someone else. I have stated opinions and reasons why I have those opinions as to who may be whom, but not once claimed something like that as fact.

Ayakaneo: "You haven't proved Foo has lied about Ariel Richards either."

Yes, I have, repeatedly, but you're so stuck up her butt you can't read what's on these pages, not even from Foo.

Ayakaneo; "You're just so quick to want to catch her in a lie that you fail to think it through clearly before you accuse. You guys accused her of saying Ariel was 14 and not 20, but I being new to the situation and reading the post from 2010 made the distinction that there was another girl missing along with Ariel who was 14 and I posted that link for you several weeks ago I'm pretty sure."

Yes, you did post your opinion and you were wrong. The one who proved you wrong was Foo, herself.

She said she misspoke when saying Ariel was 14, but it wasn't that she misspoke, because she kept the charade up during talks of Amber alerts and when she claimed Ariels mother was meeting with someone from the Center for missing and exploited children, WHICH does not help in cases of 20 yr old adults who are missing.
Foo has never once said anything about another person being with her except 2 guys who "held her against her will". Certainly no one who was 14.

The only reason I'm so quick to catch her in lies, is because she keeps posting them and contradicting what she's posted before. Bringing up the lies is easy. One only needs to PAY ATTENTION to what's posted, AND have adult reading comprehension skills. Both skills YOU don't have.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#266403 Nov 26, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Yes,my religion teaches to respect all human life. That pregnant woman and her preborn child were worthy of respect.
I was pregnant with each of my children. From the moment they were conceived in my body,they were worthy of respect. God willed their existence as he did mine. We were created in his image and likeness. My life does not mean more than my child just because of their temporary location and size.
In fact,I would ALWAYS put my child before myself. If someone aimed a gun at one of my children, I would jump in front of them and take the bullet. It's a natural instinct.
As far as the woman who died,I have to say two things. I think it is an atrocity that people are USING this poor womans tragedy to further their agenda. There is NO proof that this woman would have survived had they killed her child. The story is inconclusive so there is nothing for me to say.
Furthering an agenda, you don't think it's news worthy? You want it hushed up that a Irish Catholic hospital refused an abortion because a fetal heart beat was detected but a miscarriage was imminent. Inconclusive reports are not going to change the fact she was refused an abortion because of the Catholic religion agenda.

Location hidden

#266408 Nov 26, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>It's about forcing an employer to go against their religious beliefs. It's our RIGHT to practice our religion in this country.
Hey,there are many things that are not included in insurances. For instance,I am into alternative medicine yet I am not covered by my insurance for it. It sucks for me because I have to pay out of my @ss for my insurance each month and what I want is not included...so I end up paying out of my pocket.
I could understand that better if the business were a religious bookstore or Catholic hospital but not a hobby store. And hey, there a millions of people working for minimum wage or layed off who can't afford any coverage.
Of course alternative medicine isn't covered there is no scientific validity to alternative medicine. There is scientific proof that birth control prevents abortions.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#266410 Nov 27, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Furthering an agenda, you don't think it's news worthy? You want it hushed up that a Irish Catholic hospital refused an abortion because a fetal heart beat was detected but a miscarriage was imminent. Inconclusive reports are not going to change the fact she was refused an abortion because of the Catholic religion agenda.
Typical fundie behavior: Instead of backing their institutions' refusal to take steps to save the woman's life, she shoves her head in the sand. I'm so glad I'm a nurse in an area where that woman's death would be a crime.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#266411 Nov 27, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Taking away MY rights to my religious freedom prevents me from practicing my religion. Do you understand what that means?
Forcing an American to go against their religious beliefs affects all Americans.
You continue to avoid demonstrating how something of this nature prevents someone from following the 10 commandments.

Thankfully, religious beliefs do not trump health issues.
Kenose

Brooklyn, NY

#266412 Nov 27, 2012
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Obviously not boring enough for you to respond ;)
So,you are trying to justify the fact that our freedoms are being taken away?
Interesting.
Who are you to say what trumps anything? One has nothing to do with the other. Is there some reason you must compromise?
Besides, my "boring" post was saying EXACTLY that. My health choices are not included in my insurance. Why do you think that you should give up your freedoms for a health choice that benefits you?
You've yet to demonstrate how this prevents you from "practicing" your religion.
Husker du

United States

#266413 Nov 27, 2012
Religion intertwines with how one lives, 0ne can't dismiss what and how you believe when it comes to social issues.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#266415 Nov 27, 2012
Husker du wrote:
Religion intertwines with how one lives, 0ne can't dismiss what and how you believe when it comes to social issues.
Nobody says you should dismiss it Knutbar, but many people live very religoius lives without and dont believe they have to legislate their views on people that dont share their faith.

An employer providing insurance doesn't affect that employer's religious beliefs in ANY way. Not many employers are paying for that insurance for one thing, employee's are paying the bill, and what happens between the employee's doctor the pharmacy and them is none of the employers business.

THATS REALITY.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#266416 Nov 27, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Johnny Carbon12: "...the fetus has a penis, and that fetus is part of her body....yes the woman has a penis. Just like you have what is essentially a clitoris subjected to different hormones. The difference between woman and man is very slight."
Lala: "Heck, the way I see it, if anything abortion increases the value of the living."
Katie: "I believe before the cord is cut, before 1st breath is taken it is still technically a fetus. Until born and breathing, that 'child's life' is nonexistent."
Johnny Carbon: "Women and men are nearly identical. Human sexuality is fluid." - Johnny Carbon-12
Foo: "she [Ariel Richards] had been beaten and had been held against her will. She was found Wednesday, and was returned to her home in Florida last night after time in an Atlanta hospital." [NOTE: Foo was unable to provide even ONE link corroborating her amazing details. Not one.]

Your words regarding your stance are equivalent to, "All women should rejoice in their pregnancies even when unhealthy or unwanted, regardless. If women don't feel like rejoicing, there is something unnaturally wrong with them. Therefore, their pregnancies should be continued as a punishing lesson in life, if they live." Ridiculous sounding, huh? Yeah, I think so, too.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#266417 Nov 27, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
All these quotes from me and others are taken out of context. If that's your only weapon, your tactics are comparable to a Mad Lib game.
Your words regarding your stance are equivalent to, "All women should rejoice in their pregnancies even when unhealthy or unwanted, regardless. If women don't feel like rejoicing, there is something unnaturally wrong with them. Therefore, their pregnancies should be continued as a punishing lesson in life, if they live." Ridiculous sounding, huh? Yeah, I think so, too.
"If you don't want your baby, just kill him. Don't be inconvenienced. Just kill."

Katie, you personify evil.

Location hidden

#266419 Nov 27, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Typical fundie behavior: Instead of backing their institutions' refusal to take steps to save the woman's life, she shoves her head in the sand. I'm so glad I'm a nurse in an area where that woman's death would be a crime.
It's been legal in Ireland since 1992 to perform an abortion for life and health. The law just hasn't been officially changed for 20 years therefore doctors fear prosecution. Wonder how many other women died in these same circumstances over the course? Wonder why the government is so slow to change it? Influence, from the religious leaders is my guess. This woman was obviously at risk for health issues when it was discovered the cervix was dilated but the fetus was still alive. And this was before she developed septicemia. They treated her for that and then did the abortion, they did not treat her for imminent miscarriage via abortion because a heartbeat was still detected.

Location hidden

#266420 Nov 27, 2012
Husker du wrote:
<quoted text>Actually you are, you are blind to the truth. Tell everyone how you have soooo much time on your hands ... This is Christmas shopping season, you should be working, right?
Hanukkah.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#266421 Nov 27, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
All these quotes from me and others are taken out of context. If that's your only weapon, your tactics are comparable to a Mad Lib game.
Katie: "All women should rejoice in their pregnancies even when unhealthy or unwanted, regardless. If women don't feel like rejoicing, there is something unnaturally wrong with them. Therefore, their pregnancies should be continued as a punishing lesson in life, if they live." Ridiculous sounding, huh? Yeah, I think so, too.

For someone who claims to be "prochoice," you sure don't promote adoption.

Ever.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#266422 Nov 27, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you don't want your baby, just kill him. Don't be inconvenienced. Just kill."
Katie, you personify evil.
Given she not only DIDNT day what you've quoted her as saying, its YOU that pesonifies both evil AND stupidity No Relevance.

AGAIN, why do you feel you have to make shit up and attibuite it to others? OTHER than the fact that reality doesn't suit you I mean.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min John Galt 1,404,906
stirr allentown's political pot of blue juice (Oct '14) 6 hr silly rabbit 49
News Allentown police working to improve community r... 7 hr silly rabbit 20
News Edie's Eatery serves unique pastries, sandwiche... 11 hr silly rabbit 1
News Cops catch accused supermarket bandit after run... Tue silly rabbit 6
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) Tue silly rabbit 106
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Tue silly rabbit 81

Catasauqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance