Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 12,494)

Showing posts 249,861 - 249,880 of304,892
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
HUSKER

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Baptism, catechism, confirmation, 14 years of RCC education. I certainly was catholic. Fortunately, I escaped.
Now, wtf does this dead woman have to do with this thread?
<quoted text>
YOU know nothing, I guess your parents wasted a lot of money if it is true.
HUSKER

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Baptism, catechism, confirmation, 14 years of RCC education. I certainly was catholic. Fortunately, I escaped.
Now, wtf does this dead woman have to do with this thread?
<quoted text>
No first Communion? No first confession? You are such a fake.
HUSKER

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
They opened a business, not a church. Businesses don't have religions and must comply with all laws pertaining to their operation.
<quoted text>
The people who run Hobby Lobby are devout Baptists so than can run the business anyway they want, they work,breath ,live their faith so it does count.
HUSKER

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tough shit. Then don't get involved with group insurance at your employment. You don't get to decide what other people get out of their insurance. Contraceptives are a good thing to make available, especially if you want to see people NOT getting abortions.
This is probably too hard for you to understand but try,okay? http://ct.dio.org/bishops-column/text/41-new-...

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

HUSKER wrote:
<quoted text>This is probably too hard for you to understand but try,okay? http://ct.dio.org/bishops-column/text/41-new-...
"Two clauses in the First Amendment guarantee freedom of religion. The establishment clause prohibits the government from passing legislation to establish an official religion or preferring one religion over another. It enforces the "separation of church and state." Some governmental activity related to religion has been declared constitutional by the Supreme Court. For example, providing bus transportation for parochial school students and the enforcement of "blue laws" is not prohibited. The free exercise clause prohibits the government, in most instances, from interfering with a person's practice of their religion."

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/first_amendmen...

"For example, providing bus transportation for parochial school students and the enforcement of "blue laws" is not prohibited."

How come no fundies were bitching and moaning about these? Oh yeah, because they went your way. In New England we lived under the Blue Laws for decades. They affected ALL New England citizens whether they were Christians or not.

You hypocrite.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
are you smarter than a 5th grader?
** Yawn**

I see that you are trolling as usual..

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

HUSKER wrote:
<quoted text>No,they don't want to buy someones contraceptives, they know that it is morally wrong to do so .
Nobody's asking you or anyone else to buy their contraceptives you idiot. Hell, they're not even paying for the employee's insurance! I have a good friend that works for Hobby Lobby up here in NY, and she pays for her OWN insurance through her paycheck. You're too stupid to engage in discussions like this knutbar, you dont have a clue.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody asked them to buy anyone's contraceptives.
LOL No kidding, I should have read ahead! Kutter is .... well .... Knuts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

HUSKER wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh, we are being forced to , you need to google what Sebalious said about the HHS amendment.
Yes you are. And you SHOULD be forced to. Business's like Hobby Lobby aren't religions. Their PERSONAL religion is immaterial, the FACT is they dont get a say in what their employee's prescriptions are.

If they dont like it, then they can drop insurance coverage altogether and EVERYONE loses. Or they can close and they can be responsible for putting hundreds out of work.

The people they're hiring are being hired for their skill at certain tasks, and employers dont get a say if their employee's use birth control. Period. Deal with it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

HUSKER wrote:
<quoted text> The people who run Hobby Lobby are devout Baptists so than can run the business anyway they want, they work,breath ,live their faith so it does count.
Actually, it doesn't count when it comes to the faith of their employee's, and if those employee's choose to use birth control.

They can live their faith all they want, they - like your RCC - CANNOT force it on others. PERIOD.

They ARE free to drop insurance coverage altogether, and they'll drive themselves out of business with that bonehead move. They're choice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

HUSKER wrote:
<quoted text>This is probably too hard for you to understand but try,okay? http://ct.dio.org/bishops-column/text/41-new-...
He's a bigger moron than you are. Nobody's 1st Amendment rights are being violated you ass. Nobody's asking them to buy contraception, they're being REQUIRED to offer insurance that isn't limited.

They WILL lose this. Already have in fact. Its time to these fools to suck it up and realise they can't force their faiths on others anymore.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

I see both Denny's and Papa Johns are backing down from their ridiculous claims and asinine comments about cutting hours and jobs because of the health care act.
HUSKER

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Two clauses in the First Amendment guarantee freedom of religion. The establishment clause prohibits the government from passing legislation to establish an official religion or preferring one religion over another. It enforces the "separation of church and state." Some governmental activity related to religion has been declared constitutional by the Supreme Court. For example, providing bus transportation for parochial school students and the enforcement of "blue laws" is not prohibited. The free exercise clause prohibits the government, in most instances, from interfering with a person's practice of their religion."
http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/first_amendmen...
"For example, providing bus transportation for parochial school students and the enforcement of "blue laws" is not prohibited."
How come no fundies were bitching and moaning about these? Oh yeah, because they went your way. In New England we lived under the Blue Laws for decades. They affected ALL New England citizens whether they were Christians or not.
You hypocrite.
Thats completely different, we are forced pay for someones immoral behavior and behavior that goes against God's natural law. The HHS amendment forces govt to interfere with someone's religion.
HUSKER

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>He's a bigger moron than you are. Nobody's 1st Amendment rights are being violated you ass. Nobody's asking them to buy contraception, they're being REQUIRED to offer insurance that isn't limited.
They WILL lose this. Already have in fact. Its time to these fools to suck it up and realise they can't force their faiths on others anymore.
We haven't lost it yet. YOU are forcing your immoral behavior on us, prove your not. Required means we are forced or pay fines or jail,we would rather be in jail than hell. In the long run, you lost foo, evil never wins.
HUSKER

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
I see both Denny's and Papa Johns are backing down from their ridiculous claims and asinine comments about cutting hours and jobs because of the health care act.
Come out of the closet foo, you are a communist.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

No, they need to supply insurance; what the employee and their doctor determine to be medically desirable is not the company's purview.
HUSKER wrote:
<quoted text>Ahh, we are being forced to , you need to google what Sebalious said about the HHS amendment.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Piss off; there's nothing sadder than a christer zombie who tries to decide who is allowed to call themself a member of ny denomination.

I was baptized and never excommunicated; that alone means the church considers me a member.
HUSKER wrote:
<quoted text> YOU know nothing, I guess your parents wasted a lot of money if it is true.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

I didn't list everything, you self-righteous seacow.
HUSKER wrote:
<quoted text> No first Communion? No first confession? You are such a fake.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Judged:

No, it doesn't. They can follow the trade laws or get fined for non-compliance. Their employees do not have to suffer because the owner has issues.
HUSKER wrote:
<quoted text> The people who run Hobby Lobby are devout Baptists so than can run the business anyway they want, they work,breath ,live their faith so it does count.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2012

Paprocki isn't a lawyer; his opinion means nothing.
HUSKER wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 249,861 - 249,880 of304,892
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Catasauqua News Video

•••
Catasauqua Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Catasauqua Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••