County Unveils Plans For 200th Birthd...

County Unveils Plans For 200th Birthday Celebration - Regional News - Lehigh Valley Story - WFMZ ...

There are 4 comments on the WFMZ story from Mar 16, 2011, titled County Unveils Plans For 200th Birthday Celebration - Regional News - Lehigh Valley Story - WFMZ .... In it, WFMZ reports that:

Lehigh County is about to celebrate a big birthday. Next March, the county will blow out 200 candles, but not before a massive celebration.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFMZ.

Matt

Allentown, PA

#1 Mar 16, 2011
My telling of this history would focus on Macungie and how it used to be a farming community and even 30 years ago was beautiful farmland, and now in the "modern" day the area has become a New Jersey waste land even though the residents who's opinion should matter is pushed to the side by money lining the pockets of corrupt elected officials.
Mike

Allentown, PA

#2 Mar 16, 2011
well I guess we now know how our 16% tax increase is going to be spent.
Realist

Saint Cloud, FL

#3 Mar 16, 2011
Mike wrote:
well I guess we now know how our 16% tax increase is going to be spent.
"Massive celebration", would you consider this a total lack of priorities in view of 16% increase?
What an absolute insult to the taxpayers!
Cosmo

Chicago, IL

#4 Mar 16, 2011
HEY! CUNNINGHAM! is this WHY we needed a 16% tax hike??

We have entered hard times and as tax payers in this county we don't need some 200th year hullabaloo at the fairgrounds.Is this party being held so you can add this to your list of accomplishments(?)Boy,you never stop reminding us just how STUPID you really are.
OOOOH BROTHER!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min OzRitz 1,382,550
News A different type of winery coming to Allentown 8 hr silly rabbit 9
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr zef 311,139
News Homicides down across Lehigh Valley in 2016 21 hr silly rabbit 6
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) Mon silly rabbit 74
News Lawmakers, health officials in Allentown to dis... May 21 silly rabbit 2
News Hogar Crea, regional drug rehab group, ripping ... (Apr '08) May 20 Mari 169
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages