Family and police still hope to find Louis Mackerley, a 7-year-...

They know it's a lie, that old proverb about time healing all wounds. If anything, the years have only intensified the pain for those who love Louis Mackerley. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mom of 3

United States

#1 Jun 7, 2009
this is every mothers worst nightmare... to not know where or what happened to your son.. to not be able to move on... im just wondering if they have an age progression picture of this young man? I mean maybe someone somewhere in the lehigh valley knows him... My prayers are with this family
tom

Laurys Station, PA

#2 Jun 7, 2009
The age progression photo is in the original artical next to his childhood pic.
cat kid

Allentown, PA

#3 Jun 7, 2009
as a parent, you can only pray that you dont ever have to go thru something like this. i hope you find out what happened and it gives you peace.
Sticks and bones

Kulpsville, PA

#4 Jun 7, 2009
'Harold still gets angry about how his parents were treated.

''Instead of beating up the family, hit the streets, man,'' he said.''Do your job.'''
As a law enforcement officer i take exception to a grown man in today's age, knowing parents are suspects as well as spouses in domestic cases, making this statement.Harold, they were doing their job.
joe poli

AOL

#5 Jun 7, 2009
Sticks and Bones, I agree with you 100 percent. At this stage of the game he should stop blaming the police and concede that many murders have been committed by family members of the victim. Does he watch the news or American Justice or read the newspaper?

I feel this boy died very near his home and probably is buried in someone's basement.

I understand the family's feelings with the loss of a loved one and with all those unanswered questions.
Oh My

United States

#6 Jun 7, 2009
Sticks and bones wrote:
'Harold still gets angry about how his parents were treated.
''Instead of beating up the family, hit the streets, man,'' he said.''Do your job.'''
As a law enforcement officer i take exception to a grown man in today's age, knowing parents are suspects as well as spouses in domestic cases, making this statement.Harold, they were doing their job.
I take exception for that bothering you as a law enforcement officer.
This was the son Harold talking and those childhood memories will never go away for him. That is what he remembers of his parents grief and law enforcement. They were only doing their job but to a child it was horrific. As a law enforcement officer you should understand that and not think of yourself.
Evelyn

Telford, PA

#7 Jun 7, 2009
You may not know who I am but I remember this case as if it was just yesterday. I always wondered if they found him or not. I remember when his mother use to work nights just so the dad would work days incase someone would call the house with good news. Sheila always had hope that one day her son would turn up alive. I remember her not even being able to sleep crying. I pray that one day he is found. That is every mothers nightmare. I watch over my grandkids as if I am to overprotective, but that's ok as long as I don't have to worry every day of my life hopeing one day for his return. All I can do is pray for this family I know Sheila was a great mother and would have never harmed her kids.
what

Coopersburg, PA

#8 Jun 7, 2009
Oh My wrote:
<quoted text>
I take exception for that bothering you as a law enforcement officer.
This was the son Harold talking and those childhood memories will never go away for him. That is what he remembers of his parents grief and law enforcement. They were only doing their job but to a child it was horrific. As a law enforcement officer you should understand that and not think of yourself.
As the brother he should also understand the parents need to be looked at as suspects.

The law enf. officer was NOT thinking of himself but of the missing child.

get a grip.
WOW

Germansville, PA

#9 Jun 7, 2009
I remember this case from years ago. I feel so sorry for the family having this in their hearts & minds every day for all these years. However, isn't this the same family who several years ago wanted the community to donate money so they could purchase a new home that they claimed Louis had liked? I thought there were many things about this case that were odd then & now, but I still feel sorry for them.
Bob in Allentown

Kintnersville, PA

#10 Jun 7, 2009
This is a Morning Call srategy to sell papers. There is no new news on this case, they just do this on the anniversary of old news because it's easier and cheaper to rehash old news than to actually find and report new news. It's in sensitive to the family. They ddi the same thing with the girl who was murdered Thanksgiving day weekend in 1969. No real news, just old news. My heart goes out to the family that has tried to move on while the police haven't solved the case. Thank God he runaway girl a couple of weeks ago had the sense to come home on her own. We could still be waiting on the police to find her.
So Sad

North East, PA

#11 Jun 7, 2009
I have followed this story through the years on the Doe Network... there is a detective to this day, who still can not bear the fact that this case was never solved. I really don't think he has ever given up.
A piece is missing and it will surface, unfortunately, it was not sooner.
Bashing this one , blaming that one, will get nowhere.
My prayers to this family. Louis, you are not forgotten by many of us....
Oh My

United States

#12 Jun 7, 2009
what wrote:
<quoted text>
As the brother he should also understand the parents need to be looked at as suspects.
The law enf. officer was NOT thinking of himself but of the missing child.
get a grip.
He himself was 9 years old and did not understand and if you think for one minute those memories leave you because you grow up and understand them you are wrong. Whatever happened left an impression that he has to deal with everyday. And this is still not resolved. I just wonder if anyone helped them get therapy back then.
tom

Laurys Station, PA

#13 Jun 7, 2009
You should place blame where it belongs, on the people that take these children. Police can only do so much with no clues, no witnesses, nothing to go on. Criminals are getting smarter and know how to avoid being caught. The police should not be blamed, I believe they want more than anyone to find children alive, well, return them to their families and lock up the sickos that continue to harm kids.
mom of 3

United States

#14 Jun 7, 2009
im sorry when i read the article they didn't have the photos posted
Palmetto Jack

Columbia, SC

#15 Jun 7, 2009
We lived in that area when he disappared and I believe it was a Friday night. I always thought that whoever he came into contact with him disposed of him in the garbage collection that night. Maybe it was a prank gone wrong but he was always out running around the streets late at night. I shared this with Lt. Jacoby at that time.
Lower Macungie Resident

Allentown, PA

#16 Jun 7, 2009
My heart goes out to this family. I hope that one day they find out what happened to their son.
Lower Macungie Resident

Allentown, PA

#17 Jun 7, 2009
Bob in Allentown wrote:
This is a Morning Call srategy to sell papers. There is no new news on this case, they just do this on the anniversary of old news because it's easier and cheaper to rehash old news than to actually find and report new news. It's in sensitive to the family. They ddi the same thing with the girl who was murdered Thanksgiving day weekend in 1969. No real news, just old news. My heart goes out to the family that has tried to move on while the police haven't solved the case. Thank God he runaway girl a couple of weeks ago had the sense to come home on her own. We could still be waiting on the police to find her.
By putting it in the newspaper maybe they can spark a memory in someone who knew about the case. It's worth a shot!
mom2twokids

AOL

#18 Jun 7, 2009
My heart goes out to this family. As a parent in today's society it is a scary thought...I can't imagine the horror this family has gone through. Sadly, this is more common in today's crazy world, but 25 years ago...? Tragic. Prayers for the family as you can clearly see how it has changed them forever! I hope this mom is able to find answers--whatever they may be--for peace of mind.
denny

Lehighton, PA

#19 Jun 7, 2009
I am so sorry your family has had to suffer all these years. I can't believe it's been 25 years. My God Bless You and ease your suffering.
Craig

Bath, PA

#20 Jun 7, 2009
dude, thats a real stupid thing to say. sure everyone may be thinkn it, but have some respect

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min harmonious 1,110,402
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min JOEL 69,413
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 49 min Arch Bishop Bobby 51,499
Special downtown Allentown announcement coming 4 hr silly rabbit 6
Woman arrested for snorting coke with child in car 4 hr silly rabbit 14
Allentown Victory Church 12 hr Petal Power 2
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 hr Pearl Jam 305,687
•••

Catasauqua News Video

•••
•••

Catasauqua Jobs

•••
•••
•••