Bethlehem Protest Against Corporate E...

Bethlehem Protest Against Corporate Excess: A dozen protesters ...

There are 93 comments on the The Morning Call story from Mar 19, 2009, titled Bethlehem Protest Against Corporate Excess: A dozen protesters .... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Outraged by multimillion bonuses paid to executives of bailed-out banks, more than a dozen protesters this morning picketed the Bank of America branch in west Bethlehem.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Bryan 3620

Bethlehem, PA

#84 Mar 19, 2009
Listen,
I totally agree that money shouldn't be given to the "top".
It SHOULD be given to the smart, hard working people at the end of this rope.
But,
The people that can't even do 2nd grade math...should NOT get more money.
Is life really that hard if you're not stupid?

Since: Apr 08

Allentown, PA

#85 Mar 19, 2009
Enough! How much more of this are we going to take?

I invite you to consider attending the Lehigh Valley Tea party on April 15 or April 18th.

http://www.meetup.com/Re-Tea-Party-in-Lehigh-...

You can make your voice heard all you have to do is to do so. Peace

Since: Mar 07

AOL

#86 Mar 19, 2009
Concerned wrote:
It's time to take OUR COUNTRY back. Let's get on the bandwagon with Glenn Beck and the 912 project. You may or may not like him but, right now, he seems to be on the right track. We need to stand up and be counted.
I agree with Jim. Bush had nothing to do with this mess, it was handed to him by the Clintons who said everyone should be able to own home, regardless of whether ir not they can afford it. All you liberals out there it's time to open the history books, read and learn the facts.
As a retired person I just saw that Obama wants to reduce what medicare is going to pay, 60 percent instead of 80. That can do retirees in paying for their supplements. He is going to give free health care to children who don't have any. My parents paid for my health care because they worked.
If you ask me they're ALL crooks. One President hasn't been better than the other, they're all no good bums. I can only hope in the next election we get some decent candidates. The republicans call the democrats name then the democrats call the republicans names.... I think they're all nuts honestly. One reason why I won't adhere to one specific party, the people in the parties name call 7 fight like 5th graders...not for me. I prefewr mature adult debate & rapport.
me too

Whitehall, PA

#87 Mar 20, 2009
Murray wrote:
Guess some folks already have forgotten about the stimulus checks that were distributed last year. Doesn't that count as a bailout???
That was under Bush for one thing, for another, do your federal taxes and you will find out it was nothing more than a pre-payment of a portion of your return.

It isn't free dumbo, it's our own money!
me too

Whitehall, PA

#88 Mar 20, 2009
JoisyGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of these folks who complain over these banks are the same ones who used their stimulus checks to purchase big screen TVs & expensive electronics & couches & appliances, etc. None of them are better than anyone else.
It was our own money so why not spend it on tv's????? You
didn't do your taxes this year yet did you? If so, you wouldn't be making stupid comments. That wasn't a hand out it was a pre-payment of our own money! Not only that, you have to include it as taxable income for 2008.

Since: Mar 07

AOL

#89 Mar 20, 2009
me too wrote:
<quoted text>
didn't do your taxes this year yet did you? If so, you wouldn't be making stupid comments. That wasn't a hand out it was a pre-payment of our own money! Not only that, you have to include it as taxable income for 2008.
Go back & read what I typed about regulating it. Have it regulated instead of wasting it on a television. Do the ripple effect & it's more effective. As for my taxes I don't have to worry about it. I haven't been affected by the economy or gas prices, we make enough yearly & know how to manage our money. It's not my fault some can't figure out how to do this.

“God Bless Our Soldiers!!!!”

Since: Nov 07

Bethlehem

#90 Mar 20, 2009
Amused Crack-er wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, another person expects to be taken seriously when he resorts to third-grade name calling antics...
That is the BEST come back I ever heard! You are so right.

“God Bless Our Soldiers!!!!”

Since: Nov 07

Bethlehem

#91 Mar 20, 2009
me too wrote:
<quoted text>
I say that the money I got was subtrated out of my refund but I didn't realize I had to add it as income. I didn't finish my taxes yet though - thanks for the heads up!

You will love this:
a girl I know paid about $1700 in Federal Taxes but because she's unmarried with 2 kids she got back alomst $7000!
She lives at home with her mom and has no bills, except her new vehicle and her new camper. UGH!
Reality

Kutztown, PA

#92 Mar 20, 2009
Sherydan wrote:
<quoted text>
I say that the money I got was subtrated out of my refund but I didn't realize I had to add it as income. I didn't finish my taxes yet though - thanks for the heads up!
You will love this:
a girl I know paid about $1700 in Federal Taxes but because she's unmarried with 2 kids she got back alomst $7000!
She lives at home with her mom and has no bills, except her new vehicle and her new camper. UGH!
It's most likely because of what is called the Earned Income Credit, which is available to people with a low amount of earned income (wages & self-employment income). They receive even more depending on the number of kids they have(max 2).

In reality it is nothing more than welfare run through the income tax form, and it is greatly abused.
Amused Crack-er

Bethlehem, PA

#93 Mar 20, 2009
Sherydan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the BEST come back I ever heard! You are so right.
Which is also why I rarely take a lot of these comment seriously. People try to make a point or a valid argument, but then have to call people "stupid," "moron" or critique someone's spelling or grammar. All it shows is their immaturity and with that in mind, how can they be taken seriously AT ALL?
letslimbaugh somemo

Allentown, PA

#94 Mar 20, 2009
Amused Crack-er wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is also why I rarely take a lot of these comment seriously. People try to make a point or a valid argument, but then have to call people "stupid," "moron" or critique someone's spelling or grammar. All it shows is their immaturity and with that in mind, how can they be taken seriously AT ALL?

Yet, you are STILL HERE, Amused Quack-er. I rest my case, your Honor.
Amused Crack-er

Bethlehem, PA

#95 Mar 23, 2009
letslimbaugh somemo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, you are STILL HERE, Amused Quack-er. I rest my case, your Honor.
Well, yeah... I come here for a good daily laugh at people like you. Now, bow down and kiss my ring...
Anonymous-Heller town

Allentown, PA

#96 Mar 24, 2009
Kiss your ring, Quacker,? You too are really just another playa.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min flack 1,580,161
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr weaponX 316,297
News WFMZ needs updated commentary (Apr '09) 17 hr weaponX 30
News Many Allentown homicides unsolved (Jun '09) Wed weaponX 95
News Police: Man arrested for graffiti support of Al... Tue weaponX 1
News Penns dad sentenced after allowing daughter to ... Aug 15 weaponX 13
News Woman who had sex with boy, 16, is given work-r... (Jun '07) Apr '17 Judy 22

Catasauqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages