Eight area businesses cited for liquo...

Eight area businesses cited for liquor violations

There are 14 comments on the The Morning Call story from Dec 16, 2008, titled Eight area businesses cited for liquor violations. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Several area businesses with state liquor licenses face administrative action after being cited with various violations by state law enforcement officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

just sayin

Austin, TX

#1 Dec 16, 2008
None of this would constitute a crime in a free society. Legalize alcohol NOW!!! Use the police resources to fight real crime or get rid of them and lower taxes. These are not crimes.
tom

Riegelsville, PA

#2 Dec 16, 2008
Alcohol is legal, what are you talking about?
Pollyanna

Whitehall, PA

#3 Dec 16, 2008
I'm confused. If bars can get cited for furnishing alcohol to "visibly intoxicated" persons, how is it that ALL of the bars in the LV are not on this list????
R U Kidding

United States

#4 Dec 16, 2008
Are there not more important things we should be focused on? Legacy laws are costing the taxpayers millions.
40 hours a week plus

United States

#5 Dec 16, 2008
I'll never forget when I was at a local Allentown bar and the birthday boy celebrating his 21st, standing at the bar, ordering shots, puked right across the bar. the bartender Still gave him the shots....and they wouldn't even give me my cover charge back.
Pollyanna wrote:
I'm confused. If bars can get cited for furnishing alcohol to "visibly intoxicated" persons, how is it that ALL of the bars in the LV are not on this list????
what

Norwood, PA

#6 Dec 16, 2008
Tsk tsk. When will Spring Valley Inn learn? Somebody there needs to take a bookkeeping course.
Herman

Northampton, PA

#7 Dec 16, 2008
Good to hear someone is ensuring the American Amarian Charity Society of Catasauqua is toeing the line. I was worried there for awhile.
Ice-9

Allentown, PA

#8 Dec 16, 2008
Herman wrote:
Good to hear someone is ensuring the American Amarian Charity Society of Catasauqua is toeing the line. I was worried there for awhile.
I agree. That organization poses a vital threat to the Commonwealth of PA.
mommy

Allentown, PA

#9 Dec 16, 2008
Hey, Trinkle's isn't on there for once, LOL.

“In it for the long haul!”

Since: Sep 08

Slatington, PA

#10 Dec 16, 2008
Blame Bush, Obama will help them so they dont close the doors either... All fines will be pardoned January 21st so all these establishments will stay open and keep the bar tenders from the unemployment lines!!!!
Minstrel In The Gallery

United States

#11 Dec 16, 2008
Spring Valley is closed. Probably out of business.
U wont C me there

Schaumburg, IL

#12 Dec 16, 2008
I agree most of the time these people are going overboard. BUT, in all my time reading these pathetic lists, I don't think I personally have ever come across this one before:

"-- Market Street Sports Bar, 50 and 42 Market St., Bangor; fortified, adulterated and/or contaminated liquor on Sept. 24."

BLAH!

Sounds like another Prohibition era law...and maybe one worth keeping and you sure as hell won't ever see me there!

Since: Jul 08

Georgetown, PA

#13 Dec 17, 2008

Since: Dec 08

AOL

#14 Jan 4, 2009
Pennsylvania is living in The Dark Ages - get rid of the State Stores and all the outdated taxes on liquor. Did you know that PA residents are STILL being charged for the 1936 Johnstown Flood!!??

Go ask the State Store manager about the 1936 tax to help Johnstown 'rebuild'.

PA is a Joke when it comes to their taxes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min USAsince1680 1,404,647
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr zef 311,490
News Edie's Eatery serves unique pastries, sandwiche... 3 hr silly rabbit 1
stirr allentown's political pot of blue juice (Oct '14) 14 hr Hillary 2016 48
News Allentown police working to improve community r... 17 hr silly rabbit 19
News Cops catch accused supermarket bandit after run... 18 hr silly rabbit 6
News Get furnace checked or face a fine (Nov '14) 23 hr silly rabbit 106

Catasauqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance