Police gathering bridge accident data

Police gathering bridge accident data

There are 9 comments on the The Morning Call story from Nov 20, 2008, titled Police gathering bridge accident data. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

North Catasauqua Police Chief Kim Moyer said Wednesday it may take another week to complete an investigation of a one-car crash that forced a bridge to close.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

ivehadit

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Nov 20, 2008
this bridge needs to be replaced before someone dies
Go Figure

Bethlehem, PA

#2 Nov 20, 2008
It's time for someone to get off their ass and get something done. It does not take 5 years to design and build a simple bride. Example the I-35W bridge in Minnesota. It's fixed and open already. Maybe we should fire all of PENN-DOT and hire the Minnesota DOT to show how a job gets done in a timely manner.
This is not the area's only problem bride. If the Morning Call would investagate and print some more newsworthy aticles it would possibly put some pressure on Harrisburg by stirring up the local population. All they have to do is take a trip down the Lehigh River and show the pictures of the undersides of each bidge. Start with the Cementon and continue under each to the Tillman St. Bridge their findings would horrific to most. It's only a matter of time before there is a disaster. We have a down turn in the economy and an abundance of labor and matierals (cement) Let's get the ball rolling, maybe we're eligible for a bailout.
Just my opinion

United States

#3 Nov 20, 2008
Keep patching it, and patching it until someone dies or it collapses with cars on it. Bunch of Rocket Scientists we have.
Joe Thompson

Keyport, NJ

#4 Nov 21, 2008
The bridges and road ways for the most part in Pennsylvainia are dangerous. You drive them at your own risk. Governor Rendell is a self serving, failed mayor scumbag who could give two ---- about the common man in PA. The man is garbage.

The bridges and road ways for the most part in Pennsylvania are dangerous. You drive them at your own risk. Governor Rendell is a self serving, failed mayor scumbag who could give two ---- about the common man in PA. The man is garbage.

Rendell I'm not going away, you will hear from me until you lift the ban on early release for state inmates. This ban violates the rights of those men and women who served their time, qualified for early release from the State Parole Board and because of the individual incompetence of your State Prison employees that let violent multiple offenders on the streets due to over crowding and kill a Philadelphia cop doing his job you think that you are justified in this. I can not possible fathom how you can not make a distinction between a multiple violent offender with over 500 days in solitary confinement and a person who made some bad choices and got into a fight. You are a failure Sir. You have devastated my family with this choice to put your own failures in front of the citizens of PA. What you have taken from my family can not be replaced. You have stolen hope, hope that this will all be over and my family can get back to living. Since my stepson was sentenced and committed to one of your County Prisons, due to the nature of his offence, his mother and I have lived in a world of hell. You keep us there. I dream that you will one day feel the emptiness in my heart. You have changed the belief in the judicial system I once had. Do the crime and do the time, that show I grew up. Until you, now its do the crime and do the time and then do more because the Governor is a failure and can not get a handle on a broken prison system that he knew was an issue and only because of the deaths of a beloved member of his Philadelphia Police force who crossed the path of a monster let out onto the streets by his incompetent State Parole staff. There are no words that can capture the hatred I have for you. You challenge my Christian beliefs. I pray to the almighty God that the trial against you is successful and you are ordered to make amends to the families you have harmed. There should be an immediate call for you to step down before you turn Pennsylvania into the catastrophe that you made Philadelphia when you were there serving your own good.

I am not done.

fatboy2

“rockin pandas”

Since: Mar 07

Whitehall

#5 Nov 21, 2008
How long could it take to find out how many kids were in the car?
Anonymous

Macungie, PA

#6 Nov 21, 2008
fatboy2 wrote:
How long could it take to find out how many kids were in the car?
What difference does it make to you how many kids were in the accident? Very curious indeed.

fatboy2

“rockin pandas”

Whitehall

#7 Nov 21, 2008
Please read the article. It states they are still compiling this information. I would think they would have had that information immediately so they knew if they had to look under the bridge for anyone
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does it make to you how many kids were in the accident? Very curious indeed.
Anonymous

Macungie, PA

#8 Nov 21, 2008
fatboy2 wrote:
Please read the article. It states they are still compiling this information. I would think they would have had that information immediately so they knew if they had to look under the bridge for anyone
<quoted text>
I don't have to read the article. I know how many people where in the car. It should be obvious that the emercency crews knew as well.

fatboy2

“rockin pandas”

Whitehall

#9 Nov 21, 2008
Even the UGI guy knows but for some reason the police are still looking into it
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to read the article. I know how many people where in the car. It should be obvious that the emercency crews knew as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Earl 1,482,015
News 'The Inaugural Address in History': a Saturday ... 18 hr silly rabbit 1
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Thu truth 7,994
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Thu Sammy Davis Junior 313,199
News No Duquesne City Students in Baldwin-Whitehall ... (Mar '13) Wed JGM 11
News Two get probation in Pa. streetlight... Jan 17 silly rabbit 1
News Pawlowski pays to clean up corner office (Mar '06) Jan 17 silly rabbit 5

Catasauqua Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages