tired of church bells every hour of e...

tired of church bells every hour of every day

Posted in the Catasauqua Forum

michelle

Catasauqua, PA

#1 Jan 28, 2012
st pauls evengelical church as of dec 2011 has begun playing its bells every hour on the hour! it is extremely loud and intrusive to live with. all surrounding the church have lost our home sanctuaries! you cannot nap during the day! sick children cannot sleep, those who work nites are forced to be woken up every hour! in trying to resolve the decibel level, i ncalled mayor schlegal,who said police were responsible to check decibal level. well long story short the police are not responsible to check, neither is the mayor, or the zoning officer. i then speak to the borough code enforcement 4 WEEKS ago and even he still has not checked YET! saying in a message to myself he cannot "find" a decibal reader! wow, so if no one is in charge..where do you go from there? this is absurd and unacceptable! why have a set of ordinances of rules and regulations when catasauqua borough officials choose to only make those rules apply to SOME PPL!!this situation needs to be resolved since there seems to be no one capable of handling such a simple problem!makes you question why ppl have a low respect for this particular area and why it gets a bad rep...officials in charge like this that cannot do their jobs for the community, nor do they care to! they avoid and push off! well i say no longer is this acceptable!please log on to www.thepetition site.com and under search type"please turn off the bells" and sigh petition to shut off the bells and help the community gain some semblence of a home life back, which i do not feel i should have to give up for ones personal appearance of divinity!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catasauqua Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min sonicfilter 1,349,003
News Allentown Mayor Ed Pawlowski: State of our city... 22 hr silly rabbit 3
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Sat Kathwynn 310,662
News Food stamp recipients getting increase in funding (Apr '09) Fri Ritual Habitual 4,425
News Allentown names interim development director Fri silly rabbit 1
News City Council warned children face toxic lead th... Fri silly rabbit 3
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Feb 11 Carl 72,024
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catasauqua Mortgages