Giffords speaks at UA

Giffords speaks at UA

There are 1 comment on the Arizona Daily Wildcat story from Feb 17, 2009, titled Giffords speaks at UA. In it, Arizona Daily Wildcat reports that:

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords speaks on the future of federal funding at the SUMC on Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arizona Daily Wildcat.

Since: Feb 09

Tucson, AZ

#1 Feb 17, 2009
Insanity! Have I missed something?

The whole thing is amazing to me. First, I hear that Arizona reps were saying they were going to rip up the checks from the stimulus package--what insanity.

Then last night I had a dream the government gave me 3 million dollars; I was afraid to pick it up.

I woke up with the realisation that the government has spent 1 trillion dollars--to save the economy?

Ummm...sirs, women, aliens, whatever you are, that is over 3 Billion dollars per resident of the US.***

I think that if you gave 3 million to every resident--say as a 30 year annuity or something--then there would be no economic disaster AT ALL. We would all be rich, and that would stimulate the economy better than Monaco.

What the heck, tho? Let's spend 1 trillion instead of 1 billion, just to see if it isn't actually too little to late, applied in the wrong fashion, to only stimulate the economy for a few years.

Wouldn't want any other president's reputations benefiting from what is done now.

Oh, and they estimate it will take 7 TRILLION (Divide that by 300million population.)

The MUST BE stimulating the economy of other countries, not Americans.

Would somebody, anyone at all, please liberate the American people from their tyrannicallsy ridiculous governments.
[Bad enough that we have become the United Fascists Republic of America (UFRA) but do they have to be ignorant of elementary mathematics?]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catalina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Do policy makers care that people are dying on ... (Apr '16) 17 hr Paul Syntor 5
News Cop Knocks Down 86-Year-Old Protester (Mar '17) 21 hr Paul Syntor 2
Arizona School teachers less stress from noncit... 23 hr Paul Syntor 1
News GOP Rep. Martha McSally calls on Republicans to... 23 hr Bloondonhishands 3
tucson az gangs (Jul '08) Jan 12 TRETIAKOFF 278
News AZ Immigrant Advocate Elias Bermudez Charged Wi... Jan 10 Paul Syntor 3
so hispanic woman like white men? (Jul '11) Jan 8 Paul Syntor 200

Catalina Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catalina Mortgages