Tucson students walk out for a second...

Tucson students walk out for a second day

There are 3 comments on the KMSB-TV Tucson story from Mar 30, 2006, titled Tucson students walk out for a second day. In it, KMSB-TV Tucson reports that:

Large groups of students continue to demonstrate around Tucson today, the second day in a row that groups have walked out of classes to protest a national effort to crack down on illegal immigration.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMSB-TV Tucson.

Joe Namco

Los Lunas, NM

#1 Mar 30, 2006
I wonder how long it will be until the United States fails, This country has sold out to others and now talks about how we need Illegal people to work LOW paying jobs, I stopped working in construction because of illegals come in and working for 8-9 dollars and I was getting 18-19 dollars, If we donít wake up and see whatís going on itís over and we might as well sell the United States to Mexico or better yet China.
Has anyone every check out the crime in this country to see what the ratio is of who is breaking the laws?
Joe Namco
Olivia Medrano

Aurora, IL

#3 Apr 12, 2006
Before you start complaining about the illegal immigrants, you need to learn how to speak proper English. Proofread your comments before you post them; several of your sentences are grammatically incorrect. "Because of illegals COME in," and "Has anyone ever CHECK out?" Your verb tenses are also contradicting, as you go from past to present tense. I believe this economy needs these illegal immigrants, and this is not because I am Mexican-although I am legal-because illegal immigrants will take the jobs that some believe they are too good for and receive less than minimum wage. Without these illegal immigrants, our economy would plummet. Why are you complaining about an illegal coming in and stealing your job, if you were making twice as much? I have much more I wish I could say to you, but that would be a waste of my time and my comment would most likely be removed.
Missed Classes

United States

#4 Apr 26, 2006
I sure hope teachers are considering attendance missed when it comes time to final grades. Missing class is an interruption and most of the times does not go without a consequence. As long as students are willing to accept the consequences of their adult decisions such as not attending school, it is a commended effort by them.

But if they are going to whine when their grades are affected due to attendance, having their cake and eating it too is not a fair deal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catalina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: A Gob's Towing (Jul '09) 3 hr Richard Steen 4
News Here's why Arizona won't 'spring forward' for d... Aug 15 Peterson 4
News Arizona bill would let city dwellers shoot snak... (Feb '17) Aug 11 IDIDDERGOOD 4
Did Allison Alexander really screw a firefighte... Aug 11 IDIDDERGOOD 1
waitress at curves (Jan '15) Aug 11 IDIDDERGOOD 2
News Purse thief dies after struggle at grocery (Jul '06) Aug 11 IDIDDERGOOD 2
Tamale ladies? (Jan '17) Aug 11 IDIDDERGOOD 3

Catalina Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catalina Mortgages