Travel industry to smokers: Puff at y...

Travel industry to smokers: Puff at your own risk

There are 1 comment on the The Washington Post story from Aug 15, 2014, titled Travel industry to smokers: Puff at your own risk. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Landra Osmus doesn't smoke. So when she checked out of the Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon in Tucson, Ariz., recently, she almost choked on her bill, which included a surprise $150 cleaning fee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

“Opposing Evil, Helping Good”

Since: Feb 14

EVERYWHERE!!!

#1 Aug 16, 2014
I've said it before (about a million times, since LAST CENTURY) and I'll say it again:

DO NOT USE CREDIT CARDS!

For any situation where a credit card is required, a PRE-PAID one will do. And yes, that includes online. In fact ESPECIALLY online! Although it includes any other situation as well. Including at a hotel (Hey, I'm a poet and didn't know it, ROFLMMFAO!!!)

Now if it's one of those ritzy-@$$ hotels, that requires a credit card... now ok, I'm not positive, because I usually tend to try my best to stay away from places like that. I mean I just don't have much use for them. They "aren't my kinda people", I guess you would say.

Anyway, if it's somewhere that's just not gonna let you in without a "actual credit card" get a card from a thing like GreenDot, etc. It's actually a pre-paid card, however, IT DOES has you're name on it, and it functions EXACTLY like a credit card, except you can only charge however much cash that's own the card. If they try to charge the extra $250, it will bounce.

And then the only thing they could do is take you to court. And all you have to say, is "No I was not smoking! Do you have proof I was?" (and btw, for anyone who didn't read the article, this person was FALSELY accused; apparently ETS was coming in through the window, which can happen in certain cases...)

So yeah, they would have to take you to court, and when they do just ask them to produce a videotape of you smoking in the room ;) If they do (which they don't, but if they did), you can sue the living crap out of them for placing a videocamera in a place where a person would be expected to disrobe. And it's also a criminal violation also. Just ask Chuck Berry about that kinda stuff ;)

And then, you can countersue them! And milk them for millions for all of you're time and trouble and pain and suffering, and let's not forget them Punitive Damages! Yes, it's so totally fun to milk a 455H0L3 CORPORATION for millions, especially one that's antismoking ;)

Yeah, hell yeah! Take them too the cleaners! Learn them a lesson they never forget!!!! Hell yeah!!!

Anyway, and so yeah, just remember what I said, about using credit cards.

In fact why do people actually STILL use credit cards that aren't pre-paid? Why would ANYBODY be that stupid? YOU, you reading this, if you use credit cards that aren't pre-paid, then I'm talking to you! WHY do you do that? Come on, I've only been posting this since LAST CENTURY, on practically every forum on the Internet...

I mean hey, you can do what you want. But when some company decides to bill you for something like that, their won't be much you can do about it, unless you wanna take THEM to court, which is much different...

Basically you want them to be the Accusor, placing the Burdon Of Proof upon them. Even though Civil cases are different in that the Standard Of Evidence is lower. It is "Preponderance Of The Evidence" rather the "Proof Beyond A Reasonable Doubt", however, nonetheless, you are bettor of, with them accusing you.

I'll elaborate on any of this stuff if anyone asks. I'm almost out of characters.

I just wanna reiterate one more time DO NOT USE CREDIT CARDS! And if, for any reason (or in any circumstances) you must, then use a pre-paid one, that was paid for in cash. It also prevents anyone (including hackers and spammers) from being able to "track" you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Catalina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Open the Borders Wider in the Decline and Fall ... 1 hr Culture Auditor 1
Qriket | Code 4QFGDY | Free PayPal Money | Cash... (Jan '16) 9 hr Aprilrain 44
Rainbow 101 Tue anonymous 1
Frature points hacked code Jul 24 Tits 1
News Tucson rally shows solidarity with Black Lives ... Jul 22 Paul P Tretiakoff 1
News Masked men home invasion: Michael White, 20 - U... (Aug '10) Jul 22 Itchybutthole 12
News Mother, son rescued from trail hike in Tucson (Aug '14) Aug '14 bob frapples 1

Catalina Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Catalina Mortgages