Committee plans to seek long-term sol...

Committee plans to seek long-term solutions to beach erosion

There are 1 comment on the StarNewsOnline.com story from May 1, 2008, titled Committee plans to seek long-term solutions to beach erosion. In it, StarNewsOnline.com reports that:

“However, I think we have to review this situation in light of heightened sea-level rise, the amount of property at risk and that the highest erosion rates are around inlets.”

Published: Monday, April 28, 2008 at 11:42 p.m. Last Modified: Monday, April 28, 2008 at 11:42 p.m. Bobby Lankford who is vacationing in Kure Beach for about 2 1/2 months tries to catch sheepshead while on the ... via StarNewsOnline.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at StarNewsOnline.com.

Ted Warholak

Belfast, ME

#1 Sep 26, 2008
I suggested several years ago as a cost saving idea to preserve the E.I. beach to situate large natural boulders(preferrably) or cement blocks a predetermined distance from the beach in the ocean to act as wave breakers - if ocean depth permits it. A stone barrier wall of this type is designed primarily to break up or reduce the wave strength and lessen its impact on the beach and prevent the costly and endless beach erosion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caswell Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rainbow Flag Confuses Beachgoers Who Fear Only ... (Jul '15) Aug 21 Dale 43
Dave Derrick is a child molester....keep yor ki... Aug 2 Ryan w southport 4
Lightning? Aug 2 Harold t bolivia 3
Turtle eggs are better than chicken eggs, sweet... Jul '16 Charlotte 6
News Ailing child gets Disney dream - Jul '16 Terrync 1
Why are so many properties for sale on Oak Island? (Mar '13) Jul '16 Patty 48
Looking in Oak Island (Jun '12) Jul '16 Bill 20

Caswell Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caswell Beach Mortgages