Sharks at the end of Long Beach!

Sharks at the end of Long Beach!

Posted in the Caswell Beach Forum

Teena

Wilmington, NC

#1 Aug 1, 2013
I just returned from walking with my husband at the end of the beach where the ocean turns into the intercostal waterway and separates Holding Beach. We were picking up shells in the ocean pool that collects all type of shells and attracts many beach goers when my husband was out to his waist in the pool and started moving fast and running toward the shoreline. He said that right in front of him was 4 to 5 foot shark swimming toward him. The shark turned and swam away form him but needless to say it shook him up and he is a retired state trooper. So he doesn't scare easy. Another man spotted the shark and said it was a bull shark and said it was about 5 foot long. We had a great day picking up shells and found allot lot many other folks did but I don't like sharks and after reading the Hammer head sighting I am done visiting the shell hole. stay safe out there! That's two days in a row for sharks. Someone needs to let the local paper know about it so they can warn swimmers.
visitor

Tucker, GA

#2 Aug 1, 2013
Teena wrote:
I just returned from walking with my husband at the end of the beach where the ocean turns into the intercostal waterway and separates Holding Beach. We were picking up shells in the ocean pool that collects all type of shells and attracts many beach goers when my husband was out to his waist in the pool and started moving fast and running toward the shoreline. He said that right in front of him was 4 to 5 foot shark swimming toward him. The shark turned and swam away form him but needless to say it shook him up and he is a retired state trooper. So he doesn't scare easy. Another man spotted the shark and said it was a bull shark and said it was about 5 foot long. We had a great day picking up shells and found allot lot many other folks did but I don't like sharks and after reading the Hammer head sighting I am done visiting the shell hole. stay safe out there! That's two days in a row for sharks. Someone needs to let the local paper know about it so they can warn swimmers.
Sharks also in Caswell section
NC GATOR LOVER

Greensboro, NC

#3 Aug 7, 2013
Teena wrote:
What should the headline of the State Port Pilot read? "WE HAVE SHARKS IN OUR OCEAN"??? LOL...big surprise!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caswell Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A nicer rec center and a small ampitheater need... 8 min Townneedsupgrades 1
News 'Rev. Jeremy Cribb' ministry site posted, then ... (Mar '10) Fri anonymous 469
I need few houses to clean Apr 10 Cyndi 1
Why are so many properties for sale on Oak Island? (Mar '13) Apr 8 Yankee 52
Looking in Oak Island (Jun '12) Apr 5 Community Family Man 21
Blue water point marina.....? Mar 28 SherrySPT 6
News Autopsy shows 26-year-old man likely died from ... (Mar '10) Mar 23 Preacher 2

Caswell Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caswell Beach Mortgages