Beach funding idea wins backers

Beach funding idea wins backers

There are 2 comments on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Aug 22, 2008, titled Beach funding idea wins backers. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

North Carolina's Coastal Resources Advisory Council will talk about potential new sources of local funding for beach renourishment projects when the full Coastal Resources Commission meets at Sea Trail Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

Old Jim 70

Conway, SC

#1 Aug 22, 2008
Fairness has never been a major concern in legislation, only in definition of legislation. I would like to see Myrtle Beach and Horry County follow these ideas. It is grossly unfair of people in Loris and and Anor to pay for sand for the Yachtsman and other commercial beachfront properties. True people far from the beach can usually gain access from November to April. During the tourist season the hotels have pretty much exclusive use of the beach.

The city County and State all benefit from the taxes that the beach generates. They would have to pay their share. The federal government Should find it's way out of supporting states, excepting highways as it does collect a gas tax.
Sandy

Columbia, SC

#2 Aug 22, 2008
Sounds like a taxation-without-representatio n deal to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caswell Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oak Island Town Manager Fired. Thoughts on this? 14 hr GohomeLiberal 8
What happened with lady and abusive, insane ren... 15 hr Undancer2004 3
News Mother lets son drive golf cart at resort, gets... May 23 Good Luck 2
News Pic Student remembered as 'well-liked' (Jun '06) May 20 Josh grown up 12
Help Find Please May 12 Help_Find 1
News Bizarre fish washes ashore on Carolina Beach May 4 Spotted Girl 6
News Caswell Beach mayor stripped of duties (Nov '14) Jul '15 captainbutch 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caswell Beach Mortgages