Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

So the point is that the public perception of teacher tenure is totally inaccurate and that misconception is being dishonestly used by republican state legislators to further damage public education. The anti education idiots gleefully cheer this move and unwittingly sentence their own children to a lifetime of ignorance and low paid unskilled labor in servitude of what else but REPUBIKANS.
TSF

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Damage to public education is a subtle attempt to eliminate competition, for the offspring of the wealthy. EX: A former friend was the son of a nationally known furniture manufacturer. He was a good person but was slow, very slow. As a result of the protection of his wealthy family and elimination of competition for the position , he became the CEO of the company which as a result is now out of business.
He has enough money to take care of himself for life, but what about subsequent generations? What about all the folks who lost their jobs? What about the tax base of the county in which this former business existed? There was also a reason public education was established in the first place. It benefits the individual, his community, his state, county and nation.
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Masturbation promotes ejaculation.
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
So the point is that the public perception of teacher tenure is totally inaccurate and that misconception is being dishonestly used by republican state legislators to further damage public education. The anti education idiots gleefully cheer this move and unwittingly sentence their own children to a lifetime of ignorance and low paid unskilled labor in servitude of what else but REPUBIKANS.
My blow up doll promotes masturbation.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
If cases of incompetent teachers exist, it isn't because of tenure protections. If you will check with present NC DOE written policy, you will see incompetence as one of the long list of reasons a teacher can be fired. So if an incompetent teacher is allowed to continue employment, it would be because of an incompetent or negligent administrator. On the other hand, firing teachers for arbitrary and capricious reasons has been a serious past problem. As with most regulations , a serious problem is the reason tenure was established in the first place. The only basic policy difference between tenured teachers and non tenured teachers is that you have to state the reason for the dismissal if the tenured teacher is fired. In the non tenured case, the individual doesn't even have the right to ask why they were dismissed. Usually, its just "Your contract has not been renewed. Goodbye ." Not liking their shoes, failing to inflate the grades for a school board member's child or failing to drop their drawers on request , any reason, doesn't matter, they cannot even ask.
If you cannot understand the reasons for establishment of tenure in the first place, further explanations to you would be futile.
<quoted text>
Didn't think you could explain your position.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Damage to public education is a subtle attempt to eliminate competition, for the offspring of the wealthy. EX: A former friend was the son of a nationally known furniture manufacturer. He was a good person but was slow, very slow. As a result of the protection of his wealthy family and elimination of competition for the position , he became the CEO of the company which as a result is now out of business.
He has enough money to take care of himself for life, but what about subsequent generations? What about all the folks who lost their jobs? What about the tax base of the county in which this former business existed? There was also a reason public education was established in the first place. It benefits the individual, his community, his state, county and nation.
http://datadrivendetroit.org/w eb_ftp/Project_Docs/DETKidsDrf t_FINAL.pdf Some stats on the demise of Detroit and it's education system. Unbelievable.
TSF

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

I never imagined that reason could take hold on a republican, but I keep trying. You never know when an epiphany might hit one of them. So we have to end teacher tenure because it has never been a problem? Kind of like we have to spend millions on voter ID because that also has never been a problem. Or like NC needs an official NC religion because state religion religion is prohibited by the US constitution. Republikan stupidity would be funny if it were not so pathetic.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
I never imagined that reason could take hold on a republican, but I keep trying. You never know when an epiphany might hit one of them. So we have to end teacher tenure because it has never been a problem? Kind of like we have to spend millions on voter ID because that also has never been a problem. Or like NC needs an official NC religion because state religion religion is prohibited by the US constitution. Republikan stupidity would be funny if it were not so pathetic.
TSF most people in most jobs don't have tenure.Why do you think teachers can't teach without tenure?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

TSF wrote:
NC teachers will get their arrow up the patootie this week compliments of the republikan state legislature ,when it votes to end teacher tenure. It really is just symbolic of republican contempt for teachers because there are already 25 reasons NC teachers can be fired, including incompetence, immorality , etc.. The only thing tenure requires is that individuals be given a reason for their dismissal. Now they can just say "your are fired" and give no reason. Hopefully all teachers will be able to remember this at the next election.
If it were only that simple to fire a teacher. Most firings take several months to years and a lot of money thanks to the union. I'd rather see them get rid of ALL govt employee unions and let them keep their tenure, that way we COULD simply say "you are fired".
TSF

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

The problem with your statement with regards to NC is that NC doesn't have a teacher's union. Collective bargaining was outlawed for teachers years ago.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>If it were only that simple to fire a teacher. Most firings take several months to years and a lot of money thanks to the union. I'd rather see them get rid of ALL govt employee unions and let them keep their tenure, that way we COULD simply say "you are fired".
TSF

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Teachers can certainly teach without tenure. Most jobs do not have the vulnerability and exposure of teachers. Take away tenure, attack, demoralize and further discourage teachers who are already giving 100% while earning a poverty level salary. Make all of them quit . Replace them all with unqualified clock riders . Completely dismantle public education. Increase the floggings until morale improves. Republikan plan for the future. But wait, isn't that how we arrived here in the first place?
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> TSF most people in most jobs don't have tenure.Why do you think teachers can't teach without tenure?
TSF

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Firing teachers for arbitrary and capricious reasons has been somewhat difficult in recent years because you have to manufacture evidence of one of the many reasons for dismissal. Should teachers be fired for fabricated reasons ? I don't think so.
If there is any real evidence, no problem, fire them . I think that is how it should be.

Should it be difficult to imprison people on manufactured (falsified ) evidence? I think so. Republikans don't. Lincoln was the first republican to cancel habeas corpus and imprison persons without evidence or trial.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>If it were only that simple to fire a teacher. Most firings take several months to years and a lot of money thanks to the union. I'd rather see them get rid of ALL govt employee unions and let them keep their tenure, that way we COULD simply say "you are fired".
mspatten

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Burr is not even running!!!! His term is not over!!!
I am voting for Kay Hagan, current senator who is running for re- election.
Waynesville, come on. Stay current.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Pro-American wrote:
True that, research the "firing" of the Superintendent of Watauga Co. The county found easier to "buy out" his contract. The guy was an ass.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Firing teachers for arbitrary and capricious reasons has been somewhat difficult in recent years because you have to manufacture evidence of one of the many reasons for dismissal. Should teachers be fired for fabricated reasons ? I don't think so.
If there is any real evidence, no problem, fire them . I think that is how it should be.
Should it be difficult to imprison people on manufactured (falsified ) evidence? I think so. Republikans don't. Lincoln was the first republican to cancel habeas corpus and imprison persons without evidence or trial.
<quoted text>
I guess there is no way they are just crappy teachers? Yeah, and Lincoln wanted to ship all blacks to English colonies after the Civil War, check the Kew Museum. My point being, your Lincoln reference was reaching for the topic of teachers.
TSF

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

How many teachers have negotiated contracts for extended years and dismissal protection like that of the $150,000 + contracts of superintendents ? Teachers sign standard, mostly non negotiated yearly contracts with no dismissal protections . The public's perception of teacher employment conditions being the same as a superintendent's is totally inaccurate.
Dang wrote:
<quoted text>True that, research the "firing" of the Superintendent of Watauga Co. The county found easier to "buy out" his contract. The guy was an ass.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Doesn't matter that the superintendent makes what he does.The contract was agreed to.I've never had tenure at any job I've ever had.If I can live without it, so can they.No one forces someone to teach.Wal.Mart is hiring.
TSF

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Yes, there are a few rotten apples in every barrel. The idea that it is difficult to fire incompetent , immoral, addicted, etc teachers is pure BS. Precious few teachers have negotiated contracts. Teachers have to work a minimum of 3 years before tenure is even considered. Without tenure, their employment is at the will of supervisors. Nothing wrong with that unless the supervisors start hiring incompetent relatives and political allies in the place of skilled, experienced and dedicated professionals. Prevention of nepotism is the primary reason tenure was established in the first place. Most teachers are hard working ,dedicated professionals trying to educate with meager resources. There are those who shouldn't be there. They do not last long. I too had a very few horrible teachers, particularly in grade school. I did not transfer my hatred for those few onto all the excellent others.
Dang wrote:
<quoted text>I guess there is no way they are just crappy teachers? Yeah, and Lincoln wanted to ship all blacks to English colonies after the Civil War, check the Kew Museum. My point being, your Lincoln reference was reaching for the topic of teachers.
TSF

Benson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

And therein lies the solution to the dilemma. If ALL certified teachers refused to work without a negotiated contract, the state could either give them the contract or the teachers could work in other more profitable areas. Most of the teachers I know are competitive individuals and would do actually better outside the rat race of public schools or the dungeons of private schools. Public schools would suffer in quality until the pendulum swings back into a more intelligent direction, if that is even possible for NC . Who knows, it has happened before.
As for Wal-Mart employment, I think you would be surprised to know the number of teachers who ALREADY work there to supplement
their meager income.
waco1909 wrote:
Doesn't matter that the superintendent makes what he does.The contract was agreed to.I've never had tenure at any job I've ever had.If I can live without it, so can they.No one forces someone to teach.Wal.Mart is hiring.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

NC won't allow collective bargaining for teachers.The state will offer teachers a certain amount of money.If a teacher decides that money is not enough, that teacher can search for employment elsewhere.That is their right. in America today more and more people work multiple jobs. more and more, prosperity seems to be out of reach for the common man. Morally militarily and economically America is in a state of decline. this may never be reversed'

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Caswell Beach Discussions

Search the Caswell Beach Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Rev. Jeremy Cribb' ministry site posted, then ... (Mar '10) 4 hr concerned christian 443
Ideas for a romantic date in Oak Island 14 hr Tammy 2
Moving 14 hr Danny 2
visit Jul 23 curious 1
Dog friendly Oak Island considers ban on animals Jul 22 jbb13 3
Makeshift memorial? Jul 20 beachlover 1
Pedestrian hit by car Jul 20 nunya 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Caswell Beach Jobs

•••