gold digger

Hurricane, WV

#1 Mar 20, 2012
I've heard of visitors spotting crocs on the beach and the marsh. I'd live to see one. Where can I go to find one?
Josh The Hammer

Lawndale, NC

#2 Mar 30, 2012
I'd like to see one attack your ass!!!!
gold digger

Hurricane, WV

#3 Mar 30, 2012
Go suck one Keifer.
Doc Loyd

Bostic, NC

#4 Apr 1, 2012
The crocs lie in the swamp, sometimes ease into the sand waiting for your appearance. It is possible you may be attacked!!
gold digger

Saint Albans, WV

#5 Apr 1, 2012
I wouldn't get close to one. I've walked back in the trails behind e dolphin dr, but have never seen one. Is that even an area they would be?
NC Dreamin

Kansas City, MO

#6 Apr 3, 2012
Crocs don't live in North Carolina. You're thinking of an American Alligator. We've seen them in the swamps around Orton Gardens, which is now closed to the public. There used to be one that lived by the battleship in Wilmington, don't know if it's still there.
orion0117

United States

#7 Apr 13, 2012
I've seen them at brunswick town, they have signs that say do not feed the alligators.
Dale

Lenoir, NC

#8 Apr 30, 2012
Jimmy Lee had one bite his whacker at the nudist camp!
seenthegators

Lexington, NC

#9 Jul 11, 2012
I have seen a few alligators while living in Brunswick County. One big one over in Southport.She a beaut!
NC GATOR LOVER

Greensboro, NC

#11 Aug 19, 2013
There are several alligators in and around Oak Island, Southport and Brunswick County. You just have to know where to look. They are a protected species in NC. It's illegal to hunt, feed or harass them. It is a treat indeed to be able to see one in it's natural habitat. We are very fortunate, because many have to view them at zoos and in aquariums.
oki visitor

Hilliard, OH

#12 Aug 20, 2013
oki visitor

Hilliard, OH

#13 Aug 20, 2013
NC GATOR LOVER

Greensboro, NC

#14 Aug 21, 2013
oki visitor wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-20 1_162-57595502/n.c-officers-ki ll-alligator-after-it-eats-80- pound-dog/
There was absolutelty NO REASON for this alligator in Jacksonville, NC to be killed. The alligator didn't do ANY THING wrong! The alligator was just being an alligator. The owner of the dog was walking it OFF it's leash (illegal in the state of NC), at dusk (when alligators hunt) AND in an area WELL KNOWN to have alligators. What a shame NC Wildlife chose not to relocate this magnificent creature. Unfortunately, a human did something stupid by not obeying the law and two creatures lose their lives (the dog AND the alligator).
knows

Santa Fe, TN

#15 Sep 2, 2013
upper lockwood folly river

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caswell Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oak Island Town Manager Fired. Thoughts on this? Sun GohomeLiberal 8
What happened with lady and abusive, insane ren... Sun Undancer2004 3
News Mother lets son drive golf cart at resort, gets... May 23 Good Luck 2
News Pic Student remembered as 'well-liked' (Jun '06) May 20 Josh grown up 12
Help Find Please May 12 Help_Find 1
News Bizarre fish washes ashore on Carolina Beach May 4 Spotted Girl 6
News Caswell Beach mayor stripped of duties (Nov '14) Jul '15 captainbutch 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caswell Beach Mortgages